The online racing simulator
That's a known issue when a mod is unpublished, but actually the ratings are not lost, they reappear when a new rating is made, as I have now done on your mod.

EDIT: This should now be fixed, though this is a difficult fix to verify, as I would have to catch a mod, that had visible ratings before being unpublished, that has been unpublished, then fixed by its author, and catch it to see that it still has visible ratings before anyone updates the ratings again. So for this one I'm just assuming the fix should work.
Curious if this is a bug or something purposeful, when a texture is placed on a triangle that passes through the axis center, it always seems to go crazy. once i move it left/right or divide it so it's separated at the middle it seems to fix it. I've battled this in the past and its annoying as I dont want to subdivide constantly to keep textures clean and nice. In the picture is the exact same mapping applied to one set of triangles separated in the middle, and one set of triangle that passes through the axis center.
Attached images
Untitled.png
I can't really see from your image but it sounds like the auto mirroring system for mappings. It's the system that allows, for example, a small mapping to be applied to some triangles on one side of the object and then the related triangles on the other side will receive a flip of that same mapping (optionally with a different cutout).

That system can't work if a "reflectable" mapping is applied to a triangle that itself is on two sides of the object.

So you need to either:

- continue to use a reflectable mapping, then use triangles that are on one side or the other but not both. I think this can be done by using the yellow central points and triangle mirroring.

Or:

- continue to use triangles that cross from one side to the other but make sure the mapping is not reflectable. A mapping is marked as reflectable if all its points are on one side or the other. So maybe in your case you need to move the mapping near the centre so it straddles the centre line.

Hope that helps although it's possible I've misunderstood the situation.
Quote from Scawen :I can't really see from your image but it sounds like the auto mirroring system...

Oh, I understand perfectly, yes, that seems to be the issue. The second option was a quicker fix, thank you very much!
I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm missing something, but I don't understand why I get such a difference between LFS Editor and LFS when it comes to "overlay or plain" textures (metal: 90%, 0.70 roughness). Shot attached in the post.
Attached images
overlay-or-plain.jpg
I can't really see what's going on there but maybe it's because roughness isn't supported in the public version of LFS. The new LFS engine is more advanced with material settings. The editor is a cut down of the development version of LFS.
Quote from Scawen :I can't really see what's going on there but maybe it's because roughness isn't supported in the public version of LFS. The new LFS engine is more advanced with material settings. The editor is a cut down of the development version of LFS.

I can confirm it worked, 0 roughness made everything visible. Thank you.
Attached images
roughness0.jpg
Hello, i made an animated blinkers for my nsx, and each blinkers' subobjects are rotator subobjects.
My problem is when i go over 5m away from the car(i measured the distance with free cam) the animated blinkers are disappearing, this happening in game too, so is there any way i can sort this out or this is just how rotators works for better performance?

Here is the video about the problem: https://streamable.com/q9ch5x
i think this is LOD detail reduction, in game go to options > graphic > user LOD and move slider. Subobiect is too small and its not rendered anymore.
Quote from Draggo :i think this is LOD detail reduction, in game go to options > graphic > user LOD and move slider.

It was already max but i want players to be able to see it from further away, i guess i can't do anything about it. Thanks for help though.

Mods System Bug Reports
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG