The online racing simulator
Quote from henricat2006 :I didn't know it caused this bug, I'll fix it on my cars soon

Thanks, also keep up the good work. Can't wait to try the bike when you publish it.
Quote from henricat2006 :I didn't know it caused this bug, I'll fix it on my cars soon

I confirm that subobjects did not adjust their cutouts to use the correct number plate.

I've fixed it now and expect to release a patch tomorrow.

Quote from mcmustang :I have stumbled upon this, texture mismatch in-game and in editor.
Flame confirmed that it also happens at his end. Rony also had the same issue.

I'll take a look at this now.
Quote from Scawen :I'll take a look at this now.

Allthough it's just a theory,it's possible that the textures bug might be caused by exporting the mod to test while having LFS open and probably also mod already loaded in LFS - that's what I used to few times before noticing the problem.
Yes, I'm not getting this result with the shared files.

I do know a situation that can cause this type of effect when TEST mods are used, because test mods don't have protected texture names.

[EDIT: my whole description here was wrong, because I now learned that test mods DO have protected texture names - Sorry about that!]
I can rule the "editing dafault textures" possibility out as I never edited any supplied textures.
And deleting the folder of specific mod in LFS and re-exporting the mod again solves the problem.
I see what you mean. I've deleted most of my reply 3 posts back as I found it was wrong.

With your export I can reproduce the issue, and I understand that from Rony's post too.

Explanation - you don't need to know this Smile It's related to the special renaming system and because some of the original files have exactly the same file time as each other. When they are specially named (SKINID_XX), they may end up with the same file name as a different texture had on a previous export. When that happens and the file date is the same, LFS thinks it is the same file. This problem can't come up when exporting for upload, because that is always into a clean folder, but does happen in TEST mode as it doesn't clean out the folder.

OK now I get the problem, I'd better think of a solution. For now you can delete the test mod's dds folder in the LFS directory. Thanks for the report and test data! Smile
I hope it wasn't mentioned before but we have a problem with hidden player names due to the height of the new vehicles.

Example:

I haven't seen a way to prevent it from the editor, so I guess the Z value is hard-coded in LFS. Should be easy to determine the z value automatically in the game I guess.
I guess best solution would be some specific distance over hitbox'es highest point. And it's up to mod reviewers to check if someone does not misuse that in some weird way.
Hi Scawen!
The latest patch seems to be wonderful, but im having the following problem.
I have unlocked S3 succesfully (shows S3 license: BANDA at the bottom of menu) but when i go to either pits on single player on join an online server, this shows up and online says MOD: wrong password. This happends before i am able to see the list of modded cars, right after i click mods. Tried Installing clean version instead of copying old folder, installed patch and no difference, same problem. What am i doing wrong?

Quote from BANDA :Hi Scawen!
The latest patch seems to be wonderful, but im having the following problem.
I have unlocked S3 succesfully (shows S3 license: BANDA at the bottom of menu) but when i go to either pits on single player on join an online server, this shows up and online says MOD: wrong password. This happends before i am able to see the list of modded cars, right after i click mods. Tried Installing clean version instead of copying old folder, installed patch and no difference, same problem. What am i doing wrong?

Hi, we were able to reproduce and fix this problem. Enjoy!
Quote from chucknorris :I hope it wasn't mentioned before but we have a problem with hidden player names due to the height of the new vehicles.

Example:

I haven't seen a way to prevent it from the editor, so I guess the Z value is hard-coded in LFS. Should be easy to determine the z value automatically in the game I guess.

YES!!!!! Ok good Some one did post this here too
OOS - CAR mod car error
Hey guys

Just wanted to bring attention to a bug im now having trouble with.
After doing the recent update to the P166 the car now has a OOS error when trying to load into a multiplayer game.
Singleplayer works fine but will kick you from the server if tried online.

Just wondering how to go about fixing it,
Is this a problem on my end or a weird bug with the mod system?

Thanks
Quote from Jake_Blasted :After doing the recent update to the P166 the car now has a OOS error when trying to load into a multiplayer game.

Thanks for the bug report. For some reason, the car on the server is different from the full version that arrives on our computers. I'll look into that this morning. For now I have made the car unavailable to avoid people getting OOS online. After I've fixed the problem we'll let you know and you'll be able to upload an update at that point.

It's strange because this hasn't happened with any other mods so far since the public test patch was released. But there must be a reason, hopefully not too hard to find.

EDIT: I expect to start looking into this in at some point in the next few hours. Got another few things on the go too but this is a high priority bug!
Quote from martin18 :Yeah his car not even in the list anymore???

Ever tried that reading thing?
Quote from Scawen :For now I have made the car unavailable to avoid people getting OOS online. After I've fixed the problem we'll let you know and you'll be able to upload an update at that point.

Hi, was trying to see why i got these errors i get when trying to use mods.. i pointed it all earlier in this thread, i tried to make a fresh LFS install.. Then i used the direct 0.6V to W46 patch and i actually ended up with even more issues..

The issues with the patch now messes lfs cars and animation as far as i have found, and are :

-Every single car in lfs now has no steering animation
-sometimes it randomly appears as the driver is standing up no matter the car.

These 2 bugs were in the genuine lfs cars after a clean install and a direct patch to w46
People who used the earlier patches and just patched over thier lfs have no problem i guess.
Still couldn't download mods or see them. It's now spamming "couldn't request mod image" and "mod timeout" at the speed of light.
From which file was your original LFS install? Normally if driver animations are missing, you didn't install version V but you had an earlier version than V. In V there were a new type of steering animation.
Quote from Scawen :From which file was your original LFS install? Normally if driver animations are missing, you didn't install version V but you had an earlier version than V. In V there were a new type of steering animation.

I installed the base LFS 0.6V then patched it with the W46
Please can you try again, install fresh, do not patch, make sure it *really* is version V, by looking on the entry screen, and see if it says 0.6V at the bottom. Make sure it's not version U!

Because every other time this issue has come up, the person didn't *ACTUALLY* have version V - which is the exact explanation for missing steering animations.
Quote from Eclipsed :Ever tried that reading thing?

Wow sorry dude it didn’t load his message when I sent this, plus it was 4am when I read this…
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Just wondering how to go about fixing it,
Is this a problem on my end or a weird bug with the mod system?

OK, I've worked out the answer. The answer is... BOTH!

You can fix it, and should be able to re-upload with the fix.

I will also do something about it, to avoid this coming up in future. Though it has just slipped down my priority list a bit.

See in the attached pictures, this stray triangle is causing the problem. It looks like a pointless / unintentional triangle. And the problem is that triangle is not mirrored, so the extra point it is based on could be unmirrored in the server's cut down version of the vehicle.

You can see how it is kind of messed up by looking at LOD3 in "wire" view in the editor. It's all clean after deleting the stray triangle.

To fix it you only need to delete the stray triangle, then you can upload the fix (but please read my suggestion below first).

Let us know if you are somehow prevented from doing so (by the 48 hour time limit).

BY THE WAY: About collision meshes for single seaters. It is not recommended to build them this way. I think you will get strange collisions. Because of the way the collisions work, the LOD3 mesh should be wide enough to include the wheels. Maybe you should try using the auto-create collision mesh and then adjust it a bit. I'd recommend a quick look at the Formula XR collision mesh. I think you'll get better results with something more like that.
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000004.jpg
Quote from Scawen :OK, I've worked out the answer. The answer is... BOTH!

You can fix it, and should be able to re-upload with the fix.

I will also do something about it, to avoid this coming up in future. Though it has just slipped down my priority list a bit.

See in the attached pictures, this stray triangle is causing the problem. It looks like a pointless / unintentional triangle. And the problem is that triangle is not mirrored, so the extra point it is based on could be unmirrored in the server's cut down version of the vehicle.

You can see how it is kind of messed up by looking at LOD3 in "wire" view in the editor. It's all clean after deleting the stray triangle.

To fix it you only need to delete the stray triangle, then you can upload the fix (but please read my suggestion below first).

Let us know if you are somehow prevented from doing so (by the 48 hour time limit).

BY THE WAY: About collision meshes for single seaters. It is not recommended to build them this way. I think you will get strange collisions. Because of the way the collisions work, the LOD3 mesh should be wide enough to include the wheels. Maybe you should try using the auto-create collision mesh and then adjust it a bit. I'd recommend a quick look at the Formula XR collision mesh. I think you'll get better results with something more like that.

Great to hear you found the problem Scawen! Seems like its an easy fix haha.
Ill have a look at the LOD3 mesh, it could use some more tweaking.
I was unsure how to go about modelling the mesh for a single seater and having it work correctly in the case of a rollover or something. Ill have a look at the Formula XR to get some ideas.

Thanks a bunch!
Quote from Scawen :Please can you try again, install fresh, do not patch, make sure it *really* is version V, by looking on the entry screen, and see if it says 0.6V at the bottom. Make sure it's not version U!

Because every other time this issue has come up, the person didn't *ACTUALLY* have version V - which is the exact explanation for missing steering animations.

You are absolutely right sir.
I am so sorry for the false report.
Is there a specific process for updating mods with the new system?

I've uploaded a V2 for the truck this evening, LFS loads the new version but the servers show that "Your vehicle is not known on this host"

In the browser in game the upload date is still the 19th

Suspect I may have broken it!
This thread is closed

Cleanup - bugs fixed / problems solved
(405 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG