The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :I'm having trouble connecting to the master server in LFS now, and it happens from time to time, not sure what's causing it... I have no other internet connection issues. Sometimes I get "Could not connect to master server", sometimes the list of hosts has a lot of "no reply".

What's the master server IP so I could traceroute it?

Quote from BeNoM :Same here, LFS servers have been quite slow and consistent for me as of late.

I've loosened the traffic rate limiting a bit, maybe that helps. Please do keep reporting these kinds of things so we know if we have to dig deeper.
As for the mod loading, an option to load them all would be nice. I understand that some people want to keep their install light. On my side I am used to 50go flight simulator update or rockstar update and I am ok with that.
Other than that, in mod menu is there a touch or an easy way to scroll down the car list? In VR I can't get the mouse to lock and I have to VR click the arrow to go down one car. Doesn't feel smooth at all.
I also enjoyed some random 3 laps races with a wide selection of cars. I was missing them. I hope more people sticks online!!!
Quote from Victor :I've loosened the traffic rate limiting a bit, maybe that helps. Please do keep reporting these kinds of things so we know if we have to dig deeper.

In the past few months (already in V version) I had randomly some "could not connect to master server", my connection is fast and not showing problem.
Update W49

Driver names are now positioned correctly above vehicles
Camera update for layout Layout Square (16 cameras instead of 4)
FIX: A rare crash that could come up before a mod was downloaded
FIX: A number plate bug that caused "Could not get number plate"

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Quote from Victor :I've loosened the traffic rate limiting a bit, maybe that helps. Please do keep reporting these kinds of things so we know if we have to dig deeper.

Seems to be better for now, thanks! Will report if I have any other issues Smile
Quote from Scawen :[EDIT by Scawen: Don't need a quote of the whole long post]

We look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing your mod creations!

How are people from South America Argentina / Chile / Bolivia / Peru, etc. supposed to have a good ping when we don't have servers with our IP address?
Quote from Popughini :How are people from South America Argentina / Chile / Bolivia / Peru, etc. supposed to have a good ping when we don't have servers with our IP address?

The direct answer is... we have put a server in a very good location in the USA. We hope that will give reasonable results for North and South America.

But I can't really answer. The idea of the test patch is for you to test and give us feedback. For example, you can start a server in America, and let us know what sort of ping you are getting. And race with your friends on that server and tell us how it goes. We really want feedback.
Quote from BeNoM :Seems to be better for now, thanks! Will report if I have any other issues Smile

Seems to be happening again, other times some hosts show and others get No Reply.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from Scawen :The direct answer is... we have put a server in a very good location in the USA. We hope that will give reasonable results for North and South America.

But I can't really answer. The idea of the test patch is for you to test and give us feedback. For example, you can start a server in America, and let us know what sort of ping you are getting. And race with your friends on that server and tell us how it goes. We really want feedback.

I tried the America server and I have from 150 to 300 ping, when with the IP address of my country the maximum I had 20 to 60 maximum...
Update W51

LFS:
Improved bike handling at low and medium speeds
Options - Audio - Prevent clipping is enabled by default
Clipping prevention automatically disabled in engine sound editor
FIX: Player name could be displayed wrongly in F11 and F12 menu

Host:
Message "user is connecting..." was shown even when host was full

Update W50

Experimental anti clipping audio option
FIX: Downloaded skins were sometimes saved with the wrong name
FIX: Possible (not actually observed) crash when joining a host

Download

Auto updater: Click "List of Hosts" in LFS
Manual install: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
After setting host to W51, it ran for a while, then I got kicked out and host is gone (Host not found on master server).
The activity shows insim connection:
Quote from activitylog :
Nov 30 14:03:31 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode

EDIT: It came back to life after stopping and starting it again.
Thanks, I know Victor is looking into this, as some hosts have stopped occasionally. It's unlikely to be related to W51.
I'm doing hosting updates and sometimes have to restart hosts. This was one of those occasions. Thanks for reporting though.
Quote from activitylog :
Nov 30 14:03:31 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode

Ah this is common message - some sort of monitoring, I suppose. I just haven't noticed it before Smile

Quote from Victor :I'm doing hosting updates and sometimes have to restart hosts. This was one of those occasions. Thanks for reporting though.

So that's why the host IP changed Uhmm
bug from LFSW message

LFSW - new RB4 TIME ATTACK SPEC PB by versiu: 1:02.45 (-3:36.

truncated

next - racer hands on new RB4 have colision with steering wheel
Attached images
image_2021-11-30_19-44-34.png
Just a reminder, as it might not be clear - the car models and their default skins in the mod package cannot contain any real life logos. If you have car with real life branding, you have to update the mod with all logos removed by default.

You can create separate skins and upload them to your own gamer profile afterwards, but they cannot be a part of the mod uploaded for review.
Number plates on the standard LFS cars are white in front and yellow at the rear, which matches the UK system I guess it's just me that's being irritated by most mod cars (with plates) ignoring this convention and go with white/white (or sometimes random colours...)
Quote from PeterN :Number plates on the standard LFS cars are white in front and yellow at the rear, which matches the UK system I guess it's just me that's being irritated by most mod cars (with plates) ignoring this convention and go with white/white (or sometimes random colours...)

Lol some mods are “race cars” not getting plates at all, and some other cars are like “imports” and have different bumper plate designs
Quote from Scawen :Update W51

LFS:

Thanks this is much improved. I don't know if this is particular to the Mosquito model or something in the game, but at around 10 km/h, with no brake input, the front tyre scrubs a lot leaving a black trail... Seem more noticeable with the clutch in.
Quote from PeterN :Thanks this is much improved. I don't know if this is particular to the Mosquito model or something in the game, but at around 10 km/h, with no brake input, the front tyre scrubs a lot leaving a black trail... Seem more noticeable with the clutch in.

I believe it has something to do with physics switching from "low speed" mode (not an official name) that works when the car/bike is below a certain speed to "normal" mode. See in F view how the force from the tyre at low speed is always either blue or red but when it switches to normal mode, you get the usual transition from blue to green.
Quote from Scawen :Options - Audio - Prevent clipping is enabled by default

The clipping prevention makes some car sounds sound a bit odd. Here is a test in the STOCK CAR mod - I can hear some crackling tones in some rev ranges when the option is on and it sounds fine when it's off. Is it just me?

Quote from Scawen :Update W51

LFS:

While handling at low speeds been improved a lot, i feel like the balance at high speeds is a bit broken now.
Previously there was some small oscillation/wobbling going on when cornering at medium to high speeds (even bigger with softer setups). Now even stiff setup is oscillation/wobbling.

I assume there is some sort of auto balancing system going on that is keeping the bike stable when cornering? Like when you lean on the side a lot and the rear tire wants to slide a bit but balancer brings it back then bike slides again and so on and on till it flings you off the balance completely.
On W51 the auto balancing is much more aggressive and thus makes the bike wobble even harder.

Even on slower corners if you lean more the wobble kicks in.
Quote from Flame CZE :The clipping prevention makes some car sounds sound a bit odd. Here is a test in the STOCK CAR mod - I can hear some crackling tones in some rev ranges when the option is on and it sounds fine when it's off. Is it just me?

To be honest I didn’t think this fixed anything all I noticed it was just lower over all volume
Quote from PeterN :Number plates on the standard LFS cars are white in front and yellow at the rear, which matches the UK system I guess it's just me that's being irritated by most mod cars (with plates) ignoring this convention and go with white/white (or sometimes random colours...)

At no time was it said that you have to follow the boards of the UK, each one does the mod the way he likes
Quote from Cronick_ :At no time was it said that you have to follow the boards of the UK, each one does the mod the way he likes

Heck, the Stock Car abuses plates to act as a last name bar like modern NASCARs use on the top of the windshield.
This thread is closed

LFS Mods [TEST VERSION] Introduction and Discussion
(231 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG