The online racing simulator
FOX "higher res" interior
(4 posts, started )
Hey all,

a few months back my eyes caught on the poor, slightly rusty condition of the default FOX muffler, so i thought of replacing it with a brand new looking one. Tongue

After finishing the exhaust i had a thought of remaking the FOX interior as a test because i haven't really tried to modify interiors that much apart from just adding radios and/or stickers to places, so i wanted to try to upscale the old existing texture and make it appear slightly more higher res.

There was also a slight mistake with the brake balance controller, original texture says L/R when it should be F/R Big grin

During this process i accidentally discovered how FOX's rev lights work when i exported datalog3_alp.dds with wrong settings, leading to an idea of making the rev lights round instead of the original square ones. To me, this looks nicer than square leds but it's down to a matter of taste.

It's not much of a proper retexture as really i've mostly just upscaled originals and slapped carbon fiber texture on top to give it more detail, but it could be worse for a first full retexture, hence why "higher res" is in quotation marks.

Image comparisons as well as the .zip with textures can be found below, just extract to LFS/data/dds. Don't forget to back up the original files.

Also you don't need to install every texture, for example if you want the exhaust only, just take FO_Parts.dds from the pack. Rest of the texture names should be quite self-explanatory, apart from carbon_BMW, which is the general carbon texture for front spoiler supports, inner side of rear wing plates and the rollbar at the top of the airdam.

But i've written too much now, enjoy the pack Big grin
Attached images
texturepreview1.jpg
texturepreview2.jpg
Attached files
FOX Pack.zip - 2.9 MB - 282 views
The original is better, my 64 mb ati radeon 7500 can't handle your "high res" textures, one of the vram chips almost caught flames, do not recommend...
#3 - BeNoM
Looks good, cheers for sharing.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :The original is better, my 64 mb ati radeon 7500 can't handle your "high res" textures, one of the vram chips almost caught flames, do not recommend...

i'm sorry to hear that, pm me your address and i'll send you a nvidia 7200gs which should be slightly better than what you've lost

do also inform if you need a mobo in case you don't have any pcie slots Big grin

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG