The online racing simulator
52nd RTFR XL

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Pitting rules:

Race requires a minimum time spent in pitstall of 10 seconds. That can be done either with single pitstop or sum of multiple pitstops. Driver who has spent less time will receive penalty time added to his finish time,which will be calculated by tripling the missing time to complete neccesary minimum time and adding additional 5 seconds. Drivers failing to pit at all will receive 1 minute penalty added to finish time (10s*3 + additional 30s).

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: [WCL] J.Katila
Last FOX race won by: Lukas Bohm Rosenbauer (16th RTFR XL - KY GP Long)
Most FOX race wins: 2 races,2 different winners (2 different countries)
Last Fern Bay race won by: S1DUS*R.Kardol (50th RTFR XL - UF1 @ FE Gold)
Most Fern Bay race wins: 7 races,7 different winners (Finland - 3 wins)
Current rating leader: S1DUS*Botsi (+12 points)

2021 standings after 3 of 12 races:
S1DUS*R.Kardol - 77
[WCL] J.Katila - 76
GenR uNite - 59
Event rating and other statistics

Server link: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race
Race Green Discord: https://discord.gg/E37R5vD
Attached images
52ndRTFR-XL.jpg
Official results
Qualifying:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

* PENALTIES :
EVR W. Lima - receives 24.20 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.
EVR V. Veloso - receives 5.18 seconds penalty added to his finish time for minimum pit time violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

RTFR XL returned to Fern Bay after just one race absense and used again the same configuration as 8 weeks ago,but this time with much faster car - Formula XR instead of UF1. And again competition was tight,even to qualify for the race - a total of 49 drivers tried their luck,but 8 of them were not classified in results as qualified,as only one lucky outsider could use the free spot on 40 spots grid. Just 9 of 40 starters were able to complete full race distance,rest were lapped either once or twice or even more times - a total of 30 drivers completed full 50% of race distance to get in race results as classified finishers.

J.Katila selected this combo after his 1st RTFR XL racewin 4 weeks ago and used it for his advantage - he set fatest lap in both sessions and only due different fuel strategy lost lead after 10 laps of racing and dropped down to 3rd position at one point of race,but regained the lead 20 laps later to lead 2nd half of the race and score his 2nd RTFR XL racewin. J.Katila is the 13th driver to score multiple racewins in RTFR XL and he added to his achievements 3rd pole position,2nd fastest lap of the race and 6th top5 finish. Number made just 2nd visit to RTFR XL and for the 1st time finished a race in this event - and that in 2nd position,he led also 15 laps in this race. The 4-time racewinner R.Kardol finished just 3rd,but also collected 5 lead laps during the race - 19th top5 finish for the dutchman. Just like runner up,also 4th place finisher TJ started RTFR XL race for the second time but finished for the first time. Event debutant Strutter crossed the finish line 7th,but got promoted to 5th due minimum pitstop time violation of both EVR drivers.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
Last time drivers of same team received a penalty for mandatory pitstop violation was 4 weeks ago and they were exactly the same guys from same team! How about checking the race information and rules? Cool

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
This car needed ~120% fuel for the race,meaning you cannot complete the race distance without pitwork,so the mention just goes to shortest legal pitstop - that this time is Unite,who probably still had to time his pit leaving as fueling takes shorter amount of time than 10 seconds.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
As usual starting from rather lower positions and rally through field earns the spotlight here - this time it was Dante,who started 36th and finished 14th,earning 22 positions gain.

* HONORABLE MENTION :
...goes to all drivers,who got involuntary involved into 2 rather big early incidents and needed to pit right after it,meaning an extra pitstop due small car's fuel tank - despite all the trouble still finishing the race is worth to mention as proper racing fanatics!

VOD at Youtube:

Combo for the 53rd RTFR XL has been already submitted - the choice was awarded to 2nd place finisher Number as J.Katila had already 2 picks in row. He selected LX6 in Rockingham International,which will be run on custom configuration bypassing the 1st chicane. Despite having very similar to original course,we'll still organize official practice/testing session after next normal RTFR to find out best laptime for better race distance calculation. Regarding next normal RTFR - that will coincidentally run on different Rockingham layout using the same car,more details on that will be posted this weekend!

Also Race Green Events would like to remind about the Race Green 400km of Westhill - a challenging race on the support roads of Westhill's actual raceway. More info can be found on event info thread.
Attached images
q.png
r.png
pxl.jpg
s.png
AHHAHAHAHA we knew about the pit rules, but I forgot and push right after end my pit stop, so it count only 9s XD XD XD
i entered the pit right before TJ (at the same lap "41"), like 1 sec ahead of him and exited right after him like 1 sec after. IF he didn't get a time penalty why i got Big grin funny huh?

Yes, i made a mistake and gave a little touch to the throtle before the 10 sec (because of the message of "pit stop done" on the sim trolled me xD), but I KNEW THE RULE and stayed more than 10 sec altough the SYSTEM doesn't count. i did this to be fair and to not gain advantage on others. I accept the results. i'm only writing this just to make clear we knew the rules.
Quote from mailliw :i entered the pit right before TJ (at the same lap "41"), like 1 sec ahead of him and exited right after him like 1 sec after. IF he didn't get a time penalty why i got Big grin funny huh?

Yes, i made a mistake and gave a little touch to the throtle before the 10 sec (because of the message of "pit stop done" on the sim trolled me xD), but I KNEW THE RULE and stayed more than 10 sec altough the SYSTEM doesn't count. i did this to be fair and to not gain advantage on others. I accept the results. i'm only writing this just to make clear we knew the rules.

Unfortunately, it's what LFS recognizes as a pitstop, that is time from the stop and until the first movement, and that's right. It's what gets stored in the .mpr and that's what Rony runs the analyzer on. I messed up my pits too, at 8 seconds work finished and I instantly moved a little. There wasn't even an Airio confirmation of my pitstop time (Airio bug, I guess), but I knew it would be useless that I stay there any longer, as the pitstop was completed already. I just did another pitstop to account for that messed-up pitstop of mine, so that my overall recognized pitstop time is 10s+.
It's just how it works, and I think it's the right way, no need to argue about that Smile
Little fun fact - years ago there was an incident with pitting where (I believe Lucaf) scored 60 seconds penalty for not pitting. However he did stop in pitlane for 10 seconds,unfortunatelly for him he never noticed he stopped between pitboxes... Face -> palm

52nd RTFR XL
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG