The online racing simulator
How much is Live For Speed?
(15 posts, started )
Hello everyone,
Live For Speed is an emulator so we can simulate racing on F1 track. I am very passionate about speed, but the actual conditions do not allow so I can only satisfy my passion through Live For Speed. I currently want to install a Live For Speed emulator in my entertainment room, so I want to ask if anyone can tell me what the cost of a simulation system is? And is it possible to earn a discount code to be able to buy it at a more reasonable price?
Thanks everyone.
If you're looking for F1 racing, LFS is the last SIM to look at
Do not listen to this young guy Smile

You have come to the perfect place. LFS is a great and affordable sim, with plenty of good cars and tracks. The community is small but also very fun and helpufull.

As pricing is concerned, there are different licenses demo (free), S1, S2 and S3. One can buy one by one and upgrade. Have a look here for exact prices https://www.lfs.net/shop

For start you can try demo for free, then if you like it, no more that up to S2 is really needed. S2 should be no more than 30 dollars I guess, for USA. It's a one time payment, no iRenting bs.
#4 - bowst
Quote from JuanLee :Hello everyone,
Live For Speed is an emulator so we can simulate racing on F1 track. I am very passionate about speed, but the actual conditions do not allow so I can only satisfy my passion through Live For Speed. I currently want to install a Live For Speed emulator in my entertainment room, so I want to ask if anyone can tell me what the cost of a simulation system is? And is it possible to earn a discount code to be able to buy it at a more reasonable price?
Thanks everyone.

Little bit correction. Live for speed is a racing simulation, not emulator.

You can read the difference between simulation and emulator on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation
What if I would like to emulate a simulator like LFS?

Would it technically be a simulator? Smile just kidding
#6 - bowst
Quote from rane_nbg :What if I would like to emulate a simulator like LFS?

Would it technically be a simulator? Smile just kidding

It'll called as a rip-off Big grin
Quote from rane_nbg :Do not listen to this young guy Smile

You have come to the perfect place. LFS is a great and affordable sim, with plenty of good cars and tracks. The community is small but also very fun and helpufull.

As pricing is concerned, there are different licenses demo (free), S1, S2 and S3. One can buy one by one and upgrade. Have a look here for exact prices https://www.lfs.net/shop

For start you can try demo for free, then if you like it, no more that up to S2 is really needed. S2 should be no more than 30 dollars I guess, for USA. It's a one time payment, no iRenting bs.

you have a very very weird concept of "affordable" and "plenty". Because LFS, compared to other sims, is anything but those two adjectives.

As for the OP, if you have a crap computer, go for LFS, but don't buy the S3 license, because you're spending 12$ (or more) for just a track. If that's not the case, I suggest you look at something else (Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 (when on sale), RaceRoom which in its free to play version has already way more content than LFS).
Well take assetto for example. It's super expensive with all the available DLC, I do not even know how much I've spent on all of those. It has a milion cars and tracks, of which I only drove a few. My multiplayer experience was horrible. In that case, this is absolutelly too much choice, driven just by the the nature of how games these days are. Here's an DLC or a car, you wana play? then you buy, try it and not drive it anymore. What I'm trying to say is more content does not equal better. If you just want to do a single player hotlap, then by all means, go for it. Moreover, kids are anyway allways attracted to the graphical aspect of it and mostly are repelled from LFS due to it.

LFS gameplay, GUI, multiplayer experience, FFB, organized leagues and its small specialized community makes it in my opinnion by far the best racing sim ever made. It gets improved, slowly yes, but it still does live on since 2002.
Quote from rane_nbg :Well take assetto for example. It's super expensive with all the available DLC, I do not even know how much I've spent on all of those. It has a milion cars and tracks, of which I only drove a few. My multiplayer experience was horrible. In that case, this is absolutelly too much choice, driven just by the the nature of how games these days are. Here's an DLC or a car, you wana play? then you buy, try it and not drive it anymore. What I'm trying to say is more content does not equal better. If you just want to do a single player hotlap, then by all means, go for it. Moreover, kids are anyway allways attracted to the graphical aspect of it and mostly are repelled from LFS due to it.

LFS gameplay, GUI, multiplayer experience, FFB, organized leagues and its small specialized community makes it in my opinnion by far the best racing sim ever made. It gets improved, slowly yes, but it still does live on since 2002.

You can literally pick up AC with 4 DLCs for 10€ right now on humble bundle. Also, only because you had terrible mp experiences, doesn't represent the game's mp. I could say the same about LFS. Also, it's 2021, and LFS lacks so many features it's not even funny (day/night cycles, actual AI, dynamic weather, etc...). Don't get me wrong, LFS was my first driving sim, and at the time it was a pioneer with its tyre model. But now basically anyone caught up and left LFS in the dust.
Only thing keeping this game alive is people with poor PCs, drifters, demo players and people who crack/mod the game.
What I'm saying is that there's no wrong in liking this game over other options, but you have to admit that, for the price, it's not even remotely worth it. Especially for SP users.
Quote from David 96 :Only thing keeping this game alive is people with poor PCs, drifters, demo players and people who crack/mod the game. What I'm saying is that there's no wrong in liking this game over other options, but you have to admit that, for the price, it's not even remotely worth it.

I somehow don't feel I'd be part of any of the groups of people you mentioned, yet still here I am, racing every day online in events that have full, packed grids every week (40+ players trying to qualify for a a race, weekly). Sometimes I also join the public pick-up style multiclass server, and have fun with quite a few people. For me, I'd rather not do the maths, but was worth every penny I spent on LFS, especially when spread over 10+ years, and I'm still looking forward enjoy it whenever my time allows in the future. Sorry, but you won't be able to convince me about what you just said Smile
As a re-creator of an AA Multiclass server (original idea by cargame.nl) I'm happy to hear that Mandula Smile
Quote from David 96 :If you're looking for F1 racing, LFS is the last SIM to look at

Thanks you
Quote from rane_nbg :Do not listen to this young guy Smile

Thanks for your suggestion
Quote from rane_nbg :Well take assetto for example. It's super expensive with all the available DLC, I do not even know how much I've spent on all of those. It has a milion cars and tracks, of which I only drove a few. My multiplayer experience was horrible. In that case, this is absolutelly too much choice, driven just by the the nature of how games these days are. Here's an DLC or a car, you wana play? then you buy, try it and not drive it anymore. What I'm trying to say is more content does not equal better. If you just want to do a single player hotlap, then by all means, go for it. Moreover, kids are anyway allways attracted to the graphical aspect of it and mostly are repelled from LFS due to it.

Thanks you

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG