The online racing simulator
Fanatec error "Create Effect Failed (1 axes) Could not setup FF steer device"
Hi everyone new here. I really wanted to give a try at LFS. I remember playing that in 2003 at a friend's home but was not into simracing at the time, anyway had a very good memory of it!

My problem is I installed the latest demo version available here (0.6V) and I get this error message when loading the game/selecting my wheel as a device: "Create Effect Failed (1 axes) Could not setup FF steer device". I can't assign any axis, nor buttons to the game options (but the wheel is recognized the 7 axis do appear in the menu and button are pre-configured).

Please don't tell me reinstall your drivers, etc...My wheel is properly setup and works flawlessly in rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa (as well as older sims like rFactor 1 and GTR2).

I tried other USB ports (but why should it solve the problem hey it's working anywhere except in LFS ^^ ), restarting my OS, deleting "FANATEC_ClubSport_Wheel_Base_V2.5.con" file from data/misc folder that gets generated automatically, etc...

If anyone encoutered the issue and managed to solve it, I'd really like a tip Wink
Would really want to try this game!

Thanks for support!
MBichon.
** Best answer **
OK nevermind sorry for the annoyance I solved it!
The wheel appears as two devices because it has more than 32 buttons and I made the error of selecting one of the two devices...in fact you must select none and the wheel is working Wink
Hi, I am having a similar issue with an older Thrustmaster F430 FFB - it used to work before.
Can I ask you, please, what do you mean by selecting none? Where do you select the device? I don't see an option for it.

Thanks Smile
Quote from AcePilot27 :Hi, I am having a similar issue with an older Thrustmaster F430 FFB - it used to work before.
Can I ask you, please, what do you mean by selecting none? Where do you select the device? I don't see an option for it.

Thanks Smile

I mean when you're on the control settings screen if you click "refresh" and see your wheel appearing twice, don't click on any of them just map your buttons/axes without selecting "1" or "2" that's what worked for me!
Attached images
Capture.PNG
What is this "boite de bit" tab you have in controls?

I have it like this, that is what he means do not just select one. But I suppose you only have one device detected anyway.
Attached images
Fig 1 - two FFB devices.jpg
Quote from rane_nbg :What is this "boite de bit" tab you have in controls?

I have it like this, that is what he means do not just select one. But I suppose you only have one device detected anyway.

Hello it's "boite de vit" it's the french short word for gearbox. It's because I selected a H-pattern shifter instead of sequential shifter it allows to map the various gears to the shifter!
Ah yes I see, tnx.

The reason you have two devices is I believe, due to wheelbase itself being reported as one device. A wheel rim is reported as another. It has buttons and some axis attached to it, but certainly no FFB. It is weird that Fanatic named both of them the same, lazy Smile
Quote from rane_nbg :What is this "boite de bit" tab you have in controls?

Mine looks something like this, with nothing to select, I'm confused now.
Attached images
Screenshot 2021-04-11 154939.jpg
No need to be confused, you only have one device reported that's how your wheel is made.

Can you select Axes/FF tab and make a picture?

Fanatec error "Create Effect Failed (1 axes) Could not setup FF steer device"
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG