The online racing simulator
XRR force feedback bug
(9 posts, started )
XRR force feedback bug
with the new config, pressing down on the brake causes extra force in the wheel feedback, you can test it at a standstill not even moving.
seems to be present on other cars too.
The scrub radius is increased because offset is added when you reduce the tyre width. So the wheels roll quite a bit as you turn them and therefore braking makes the wheels harder to turn. Watch in F mode.
I see, I feel this also in the default setup of the fxr, as well as hard track XRT there is a noticeable difference between the feel of the wheel on and off the brakes at a standstill I did in fact notice some things happening in the f button screen, but those things don't mean much to me, I tune based of the "feel" I get from the car /shrug
here is XRT hard track,

picture 1 brake off

picture 2 brake on
Attached images
LFS_ZGzVgZ9oqR.jpg
LFS_aXR6FJX13c.jpg
Live for Speed 04_03_2021 13_18_34.png
Live for Speed 04_03_2021 13_18_50.png
Quote from ELDemon :with the new config, pressing down on the brake causes extra force in the wheel feedback, you can test it at a standstill not even moving.

This is realistic and proves LFS is doing things right (unlike most sims).

Those of us old enough to remember parking without power steering will recognise the "release" of load when you come off the brake pedal Smile
Quote from teeembo :This is realistic and proves LFS is doing things right (unlike most sims).

Those of us old enough to remember parking without power steering will recognize the "release" of the load when you come off the brake pedal Smile

Well originally I assumed this to be the case, instead, I changed the brake bias, and still with the brakes at the rear you feel it, just happy for an explanation Big grin.

But for me, that doesn't seem to make any difference and still feels the same with the brake at front.

edit: also for example the XFG, I could not feel it in this car, what is the difference?
Well, as you turn the steering while stationary, the road wheels will roll around their axes. If you apply braking then that will stop them. The only way to continue to turn the steering wheel is to "drag" the contact patch across the road surface. The wider the tyres the harder this is. I guess the XRG has some of the narrowest tyres plus the car is light. Also FFB controllers cannot generate that much force.
Well for me I assumed I would feel a noticeable difference between the wheel when the brakes are set to the front, compared to being set at the rear but this is not the case, for me whether the brakes are at the rear or the front I can feel no difference between them..

With the XFG I assumed this effect to be worsened by the front engine weight pressing on the front feels but in fact, there is no effect at all. //or it is that small you cannot feel it like you can on the other cars even on high force

XRR force feedback bug
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG