The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2021: Round 2 - Protests and Penalties
Please provide the following in your protest:

Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 2: Pre Qualifying, Free Practice, Qualifying, Race; Servers: Main)
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)
Car(s) involved
Location of Incident
Brief Description of Incident

Pre-Qualifying Protests are due by 20:00 UTC on Saturday, 23 January 2021. Pre-Qualifying Protests should be lodged as soon as possible after the incident, however.

All race day protests are due by 08:30 UTC on Tuesday, 26 January 2021.

Track Map

Penalty Log

Free Practice

Qualifying

Race
Car 46 - DSQ from the round 2 - Unsportsmanlike behaviour
Car 60 - Stop & Go penalty - Jump start
Car 03 - DT penalty for being at wrong possition on the race start
Car 36 - DT penalty for being at wrong possition on the race start
Car 96 - - DT penalty for being at wrong possition on the race start
Car 68 - DT for crossing pit exit line on lap 28
Cars 01, 07, 09, 31, 59, 94 - Stop & Go penalty for overtaking under SC
Car 88 - DT for causing a colision with car 16
Car 16 - DT for unsafe rejoin
Car 18 - Warning for moving under braking
Car 18 - DT for Causing an avoidable contact
Car 23 - DT for Causing an avoidable contact
Car 18 - Warning for Causing an avoidable contact
Car 33 - Warning for Causing an avoidable contact
Car 60 - DT for Causing an avoidable contact
Cars 02, 23, 78, 96, 98 - Caution for speeding under VSC
Car 18 - Warning for speeding under VSC
Car 76 - 5s penalty for speeding under VSC
Car 28 - 5 point deduction - spectating from outside the pitlane without permission
#2 - jkat
Session AND SERVER of Incident: Race; Server: Main

Lap AND MPR timecode of incident:
Lap 49 for 04 and 94, lap 50 for 07, MPR time codes around 1:21:15.00 and 1:21:20.00

Car(s) involved: 04, 07, 94

Location of Incident: Between split 1 and split 2.

Brief Description of Incident: Cars 07 and 94 are overtaking 04 during sc period.
Race, Main Server
Lap 56, MPR 1:34:00.24
Car(s) involved : 16 A.Brown, 88 S.Lee
Location of Incident : Turn 2 end of oval
Brief Description of Incident : (Moving under braking ,Car 16)
Car 88 sends a totally legitimate controlled divebomb of which had been made over 3-4 times in the length of the race (climbing from P38th and last) with no issue. Car 16 moves in reaction to attacking car, slowly fainting across the track and past the center-line, until the T2 line was amazingly shallow for himself not just Car 88. Due to the track sweep movement of 16, Car 88 lost straight braking and clear track, and had to go shallower and steer earlier - thus reducing braking action, resulting in the collision. Note position of Car 16 relative to other cars ahead and behind, and compare corner entry lines.

Explanatory video in case you've think I've gone beserk
I'm at my max braking capacity on every move I make down into T2, and am fully committed. If 16 drives me shallow like that after I've made my initial move, I cannot avoid the subsequent collision.

If this results in a penalty I'll sure as hell appeal, because I've done these braking point defensive blocking moves before and been penalised for those countless times prior. (not that coming from last to 8th meant anything either :/ ) I got coped for that in TBOC, and so did Niko at TBOC too at the Kyoto round - his was equally as faint of a "moving under braking" and running shallow, as this instance by Car 16

Side note : Sorry Adam, if the stewards deem this my fault then I am sorry. Said in the server already, but after checking mpr yeah. You did move and cut me off so shallow I was on the kerb on entry. Been braking at 80-75m for the entire race, was able to pull the car up on previous moves just fine. But I guess if I get the penalty then squeezing a car in the braking zone is... different from moving under braking?Rules need definition then.

//
I've re-watch and rethought about this, typing this part 2 after 2 hours of sleep, guess its better than blabbering at 5am, here's my next-day thoughts

I'd have to say it is partially my fault as well, dives and late braking stuff come with lots of risk so I hold a lot of responsibility there. The axle lockup right at the crucial turn in point probably did not help my case for sure. But then again, I had been doing such moves since lap 1, charging from the back. Think I did the same kind of move on a couple of guys like Homela, Jarod, Spiky, and each time I pulled the car up fine and made the corner with no contact.

Perhaps my car's braking ability this race empowered me to make those moves, however in context and balance, I doubt the faint move in the braking zone by Adam was necessary. I was coming in whether he liked it or not, and pinching me tight on the apex was just detrimental either way at that point... plus, if you take me out of the equation and play the clip and imagine his car's position on the T2 double apex, he'd basically have to steer away from the 2nd apex - that was how shallow he ran himself.

I get that late braking maneuvers aren't really liked, and the responsibility falls heavily on the attacker, but I keep rewatching the video and see myself arriving controlled unlike with Piropo's block & contact situation. Then I continue and put myself in Adam's spot, and think how on earth the reactive block and shallow apex would be beneficial in that scenario. Yeah..

I'm sorry for the move I guess, if we go by the book that everything falls on the attacking driver, but surely if so, there has to be a clearer rule between aggressive movement under braking, faint reactive movement under braking and closing off the apex of an attacker knowingly to cause contact. Because if not then I could have ran away from most of my penalties in TBOC (e.g Joni, me. Kyoto infield double left where I got cut off and spun the both of us)
Race, Main Server
Lap 16, MPR 26:55.00
Car(s) involved : 18 K.Piropo, 88 S.Lee
Brief Description of Incident : (Aggressive moving under braking ,Car 18)

Self explanatory
Race, Main Server
Lap 59, MPR 1:39:22.0
Car(s) involved : 18 K.piropo 84 P.Derain
Location of Incident : Turn 4
Brief Description of Incident : Mr piropo decides that i am too slow and pushes the back of my car even though there is not space to pass nearly turning me around .I was wondering wether he gets the right to do so ?
Race, Main Server
Lap 40, MPR 1:03:51.0
Car(s) involved : 23 G.Gyüre - 70 S. Giorsetti
Location of Incident : Turn 8
Brief Description of Incident : It hits me from behind out of the curve, hurting me
Session : Race; Server: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 1:34:05 Lap 56
Car(s) involved: 16, 88
Location of Incident: Entry of T2, end of oval
Brief Description of Incident:
Not much to say about this, Shawn Lee attempted a dive from 4~ car lengths behind and collided with the left rear of my car, sending me back multiple positions. I took a normal racing line, broke at my normal, relatively late spot and he rammed right into the side of me. It's almost as if he aimed for me, Shawn seemed to brake at the correct point but pointed his car right into the side of mine. He wasn't alongside at the turn in point, he was miles behind me meaning he had no entitlement to the corner. In my opinion it wasn't an overtaking attempt, it was a ram, something straight out of a police training DVD.

In his protest on me, Shawn seems to be forgetting the natural line of the corner, he claims I moved across on him and blocked him, but on most of my laps I take an incredibly similar line. It is a corner where multiple lines are totally valid both tighter and wider, in comparing my line to cars in front Shawn is trying to find an excuse where there simply isn't one, and he knows it.

In my view a dive from 4 car lengths back is a pitiful attempt at an overtake, you can't expect someone to just hand a place over because you've launched your car at them. Shawn knew that his move was going to be dangerous, he's been pulled up multiple times in the past for similar moves, and yet he continues to make them. The fact that he hasn't learned that these moves are unacceptable baffles me.
Quote from jkat :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Race; Server: Main

Lap AND MPR timecode of incident:
Lap 49 for 04 and 94, lap 50 for 07, MPR time codes around 1:21:15.00 and 1:21:20.00

Car(s) involved: 04, 07, 94

Location of Incident: Between split 1 and split 2.

Brief Description of Incident: Cars 07 and 94 are overtaking 04 during sc period.

Stop & Go penalty for cars 07 and 94

Stewards also took a closer look at whole SC procedure and issued Stop & Go penalties for overtaking under SC to following cars: 01, 09, 31, 59.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Race, Main Server
Lap 56, MPR 1:34:00.24
Car(s) involved : 16 A.Brown, 88 S.Lee
Brief Description of Incident :----

Quote from k_badam :Session : Race; Server: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: 1:34:05 Lap 56
Car(s) involved: 16, 88
Location of Incident: Entry of T2, end of oval
Brief Description of Incident:

DT to car 88 for causing a colision
DT to car 16 - Unsafe rejoin

Quote from MicroSpecV :Race, Main Server
Lap 16, MPR 26:55.00
Car(s) involved : 18 K.Piropo, 88 S.Lee
Brief Description of Incident : (Aggressive moving under braking ,Car 18)

Warning to car 18 - moving under braking.

Quote from derinus :Race, Main Server
Lap 59, MPR 1:39:22.0
Car(s) involved : 18 K.piropo 84 P.Derain
Location of Incident : Turn 4
Brief Description of Incident : Mr piropo decides that i am too slow and pushes the back of my car even though there is not space to pass nearly turning me around .I was wondering wether he gets the right to do so ?

DT penalty to car 18 - Causing an avoidable contact

Quote from Capo-005-seba :Race, Main Server
Lap 40, MPR 1:03:51.0
Car(s) involved : 23 G.Gyüre - 70 S. Giorsetti
Location of Incident : Turn 8
Brief Description of Incident : It hits me from behind out of the curve, hurting me

DT to car 23 - Causing an avoidable contact

Steward also noticed some incidents / recieved cals from race control and after the race took a closer look on following incidents which resulted into several penalties:

L44, Tarzan, cars 70 and 88 - Warning to car 70 - causing an avoidable contact, Warning to car 88 - For Failure to observe surroundings
L55, T2, cars 18, 27, 04 - Warning to car 18 - causing an avoidable contact
L57, T2, Cars 33 and 90 - Warning to car 33 - causing an avoidable contact
L60, T3, Cars 60 and 90 - DT penalty to car 60 - causing an avoidable contact

Stewards also issue following penalties from VSC procedure

Car 02 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 23 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 78 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 87 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 96 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 98 - Caution - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed was reduced sufficiently following the over speed)
Car 18 - Warning/1s Penalty - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed NOT sufficiently reduced)
Car 76 - 5s Penalty - Not at speed when VSC Deployed (Speed NOT Sufficiently reduced)

Stewards also ask drivers to pay attention to what "Brief Description of Incident" means for the future
Car 28 - 5-point deduction - spectating from outside the pitlane without race control permission.
Car 46 - Disqualified from the round 2 for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

This matter has been forwarded to the NDR Board of Directiors for further action
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG