The online racing simulator
How to view the race in second session?
(11 posts, closed, started )
Hi again all racers.

Just wondering if it´s possible to wiev a race (against AI:s)
in another session of LFS on another computer so you would have the drivers
wiew in one and the camera (of the race) wiew in another?

Meseplayer
That is possible if you use a multiplayer setup. So one computer is host (server) and the other is guest (client). You can add 3 cars per computer. So the driving PC can have driver + 2 AI and the spectating computer can have 3 AI.

To set up the host, click "Start new host" and use visibility "local".

To join with the guest, select "Join specific host" and option "local network".
Hi

Thanks Scawen for the answer.
Now, the second setup is only for wiewing the race, so there is no drivers in that session but there´s a full grid in the first session, in this case driver + 24AI....what about the LFS remote?

Meseplayer
Hi, sorry but that is not possible at the moment, as there can only be 3 drivers per computer. So with two computers that is a maximum of one real driver plus 5 AI.

I do have a note for the request to allow more cars per computer as it has been requested a few times. I don't think it is really difficult but it would be an incompatible version as changes are needed on guest and host side.

I'm considering the possibility of a new incompatible version with this change and also a small change to allow more maximum lock on FZR and XRR for drifters.

The problem with incompatible updates is they divide the community between official version users and test patch users so it's important to keep those testing stages as short as possible.

Also I have to keep such updates as safe and minimal as possible because there is so much work to do on the separate development version.
Quote from Scawen :I'm considering the possibility of a new incompatible version with this change and also a small change to allow more maximum lock on FZR and XRR for drifters.

While FXR could use some new tyre type for rallycrossing - like grooved slicks or hybrids with harder compound rubber. I'm hosting yearly league All-wheel-drive Winter Series,where one round uses FXR on rallycross track - despite slicks it's still the fastest car around a rallycross track. Tyres with more traction on dirt would make it more proper.
(Sorry for turning this into suggestions thread,seeing your consideration it just popped into my mind...)
Hi again.

What about the LFS remote, is it possible to wiew races by that?

MP
#7 - Racon
Quote from Eclipsed :While FXR could use some new tyre type for rallycrossing - like grooved slicks or hybrids with harder compound rubber.

Give me knobblies on an FXR or give me death! Er, I mean, '+1' Wink

Scawen: I asked a while back about the possibility of using the kerning work you did to offer a monospaced font in insim buttons - you asked me to remind you when a patch was in the offing, so here is that reminder on the off-chance it's not a distraction too far.
LFS remote is a simple flash based tool,which just simply show car's location on track map. And provides some simple timing. It does only with online servers only.
Also I read that flash becomes obsolete starting next year,so it might be not functionable anymore.

Quote from Racon :Give me knobblies on an FXR or give me death!

Actually with slickmod I participated in a race with FXR in BL RX with hybrids - they are waaaaay to soft and turns into silicone after like 3 laps. Knobblies would be even worse,but of course that would be a problem only on tracks with paved parts.
Hi,

and thanks for the answers, we just have to wait for Scawen to fix a version that will allow more drivers.

Meseplayer
Quote from Eclipsed :Actually with slickmod I participated in a race with FXR in BL RX with hybrids - they are waaaaay to soft and turns into silicone after like 3 laps. Knobblies would be even worse,but of course that would be a problem only on tracks with paved parts.

Awwww Frown

Mind you, the only paved part on the whole of the grass server is the little patch in the bullring Wink
This thread is closed

(11 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG