The online racing simulator
A track editor
(5 posts, started )
A track editor
I know, I know, this has been said 1,001 times before. However, there's one huge bonus - you don't have to worry about the copyright strikes that you might gain from modded tracks being copied from other games, however if you were to make an in-game editor for tracks, then the modding community would quiet down. This would bring attraction to lfs and would , if lfs s3 only, bring you quite a bit of money( from me at least ), and make many, many lfs players happy.

However, you should probably lock it to s2 or s3 as some people would make copies of the in-game tracks, reducing the demand of licenses.

This update would be a huge undertaking, and would be a large update with lots of playtesting(buildtesting?),but would be an amazing update. Nordshliffe anyone?
I do not believe there would be any licensing issues if any real tracks were distributed free of charge and created by hobbyist modders with no affiliation to the LFS team.

Given the current state of LFS a bit more openness towards modding could be beneficial. I am, however, not so naïve to think that people would rush back to LFS in a stampede just because of a track editor.
#3 - Racon
The plan is to turn the editor they've got into something that is releasable to the public, *after* they're happy with LFS. They're currently doing lighting/tracks and tyre physics - the lighting is coming first, the physics will come with it if it's ready in time.

It's not set in stone though, just a general idea of what they would like to be able to do and when.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :people would instantly make silverstone , imola, and more licensed tracks this way . hence the issue with licensing yet again !

If these not for gain but for "amusement" then there wont be too much trouble. Many places follow laws such as this.

A track editor
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG