The online racing simulator
G29 problems
(6 posts, started )
G29 problems
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum so I'm still new to all this. I use a logitech G29 and it worked fine for about a year, but now I cant get the game to pick up its inputs at all. Ive looked in past discussions and my problem appears to be different, or at least their solution didn't work for me. The wheel is detected and shows up in the controllers, but when I do anything on the wheel the game does not pick it up. I played around with the logitech software to try to fix it but nothing worked. The wheel works on other games perfectly like f1 and project cars 2. If anybody could help me out that would be great.
#2 - rik97
Did you try to refresh the controllers?
Hey there and welcome to LFS!

Since you mentioned that it works on your other software, I don't think anything major is amiss, maybe a setting is incorrectly set...

Are you using the Logitech profiler? Is it correctly detecting the G29? Does LFS also correctly detect the wheel (usually something like "Logitech G29 Racing Wheel USB Steering Wheel)?

You have to select wheel/joystick (and not keyboard/mouse).

If all that is fine, does the axes move in options > axes/ff tab, when you depress the pedals and steer? I'm referring to the right most part of this GIF, which is from LFS Manual.

The GIF is a step by step guide of configuring the axes to LFS.

Does any of that help, or aren't any of the inputs still not detected?
none of the inputs are detected, I tried pressing all the pedals in the axes page and nothing moved or was detected.
Strange. Try to reinstall the Logitech Profiler and see if that works.
Ah... few more questions.

1) Are you launching LFS via the Logitech Gaming Software*?
1) Can you press "shift + c" to "re-initialize controllers", like Rik97 asked? Does that make any difference?
2) Does it still work on other software? Can you please check? (Just wondering if an O/S update messed up the wheel config..).
3) Can you take a screenshot of your option > controller screen and post it here (the screenshot image can be included as an attachment to your forum post), to see if anything is amiss...

* LFS manual has a remark stating N.B For Logitech G29 & G920, you must use the latest Logitech Gaming Software or else it won't be recognized.

G29 problems
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG