The online racing simulator
Fern Bay Gold Race Report
Good day and welcome to round 3 of the Road Sport Summer Cup, today we find ourselves on the Island of Jamaica, hopefully our drivers have'nt been relaxing on the beach to much, and have gotten plenty of practice in for this race, the track layout for today is the gold variation of the Fern Bay Track, this is a very technical track with some tricky tight sections which could be hard to navigate in these cars at the best of times, let alone with some of these fierce drivers breathing down your neck!!!.

The conditions for todays race are sunny but quite windy, the wind should'nt have a big effect here as there isnt really any very fast or long straights on this track, the twisty nature of the track should lend itself more to the Raceabout, although it will be interesting to see how the super-fast FZ50 driver Vince copes as he tries to increase his points at the top end of the table, Paps will be trying to beat Vince as those two are neck and neck for first place.

We have had a number of people drop out from the league in the last week, but we have 2 new drivers to fill out the numbers, Rumiko from Cyber racing, team-mate of Misko in an FZ50, and LFS debutant Kaizoko, a very new driver to LFS having only completed a shade over 200 miles of online driving, this will be a baptism of fire for the new driver!!!.

We line up on the grid for the start of the race, we have Vince on Pole, hannu in 2nd, Paps in 3rd who will want to try and get close to Vince at the start, and sinbad in 4th, they are away, screaming up to T1, sinbad gets a great line into T1 and leaps ahead of paps, but can't make it stick and him and paps are neck and neck round T1, but paps comes off best and keeps his 3rd place, further back bozo takes a tight line into the nasty chicane and clumps the tyres, causing him to spin slightly, bean0 gets caught up and catches bozo on his rear quarter, Octane comes blasting down the outside and takes a VERY wide line onto the grass, Col also takes advantage of this and takes two places,bean0 sportingly stops to let bozo retake his position in front of bean0, a kind gesture, although it wasnt bean0 fault at all so he need'nt have bothered, but a nice gesture regardless.

Back at the thick end, Vince has stormed into a commanding lead, paps, hannu and sinbad are all neck and neck through this tight section, neither wants to give way, but something is going to give very soon, and it does, sinbad seeming pulls across hannu causing hannu into a spin, in turn he collects paps and forces him onto the grass, Misko then collects hannu and gives him a hefty whack to his front right corner, Misko spins and its total carnage, we have 3 drivers spinning wildly across the track, Rumiko, NoGhost and XRRoy are next into the carnage and concertina up on each other but no one else spins, all cars involved have taken some hefty damage, Paps car looks a total wreck but it seems that all of them have come off without any mechanical damage, its all cosmetic which is luckly, our race marshalls are going to have to review the incident and see if any blame is to be leveled, it was only a small incident, but it had a profound effect on many drivers.

Lap 2 and paps is trying very hard to regain the places he lost in the first lap incident, he takes Vain at T1 and is knocking on Nukelanes door now to get past, paps has the red mist it seems, this guy is a pure racer!!!.

Octane puts a wheel on the rough stuff and lets Misko and Hannu slip through, these fast guys are a joy to watch, there driving is so accomplished and skillfull.

Further back Col has taken some damage and is having trouble keeping his Raceabout on the track.

Lap 3, Vince is flying again up in first, sinbad is a few seconds behind with NoGhost in third, LFS debuntant Kaizoko is running last, but even so this will be good practice for him, the FZ50 is a tricky beast to tame at the best of times.

Nukelane has managed to hold paps at bay for a lap, but paps has now found his way past on lap 3.

Nukelane takes a wide line into T1, Vain, ironically in a clean racers club skin, comes up on the inside and clips his right rear corner, causing Nukelane into a spin, that was a nasty little move from Vain, Nukelane tries to get going again, and collects Octane in the process, causing him onto the grass, Octane seems to like the grass today, he is really struggling to keep off it, maybe he is after a new job as a gardener!!!.

The front end of the grid and now quite spaced out, paps, hannu and misko are pushing hard to get back up to the thick end of the race.

Lap 4 and Bean0 takes advantage of Col's damage and gets past to take 12th, although it doesnt last long and Col retakes the position back from him.

XRRoy and Rumiko and battling hard for 4th place, Rumiko gets a great run down the inside of XRRoy after the bridge straight, he now has the inside line for the upcoming sweeping double left hander, but concedes to XRRoy for now.

Behind them paps is closing in hard on Pilot, his resurrection after the first lap incident is in full swing, how many places can he make up before the race ends?.

Octane is languishing in 15th, his Raceabout is heavily damaged after one too many trips off track, his front left damper has given up leaving his front suspension without any damping.

Lap 5 and paps is up into 6th after taking Pilot, Vince is looking unbeatable in this race, our media team might have to catch up with him after the race and find out why he is so fast!!.

The battle between XRRoy and Rumiko is still raging hard, again Rumiko tries the same move as the lap previous, he clips the inside barrier, bounces off and knocks XRRoy, not a squeaky clean move, but he gains the place, this also gives paps the chance the take 5th continuing his steamroller back to the top of the race, Pilot also takes the chance to gain a place and takes XRRoy, he wont be at all happy at losing 3 places in the space of 2 corners, but his powerfull FZ50 keeps just ahead of pilot and holds him at bay for now.

While all this is happening hannu is gaining fast, he also wants to be back up the thick end of things!!, he gets a run on pilot into Lap 6 and takes him just before T1.

Col has had a serious incident with the barriers, his car is a total wreck, quite how he managed to get back to the pits with it in that state is a mystery to us, the cars suspension is shot, his mechanics are going to have their work cut out to repair that at all, miraculously his car is as new in a few seconds, I would like to see if I could get his mechanics to fix my car one day, would save a fortune on repair bills!!!!.

Paps has taken 4th and is now looking to get close enough to team-mate NoGhost to take 3rd.

Hannu has managed to claw his way back up to 6th, by taking XRRoy in T1 on lap 7 and by the end of lap 7 hannu has pushed far enough to get behind Rumiko to challange for 5th place, Rumiko brakes late for corner and puts his FZ50 into a big slide, hannu doesnt need any more of an invitation and jumps at the chance to take 5th, Rumiko will be kicking himself he gave that position up so easily.

Lap 8, and all the racing is again in the middle of the field today, 3 drivers are clammouring to keep position, Rumiko, XRRoy and pilot, while paps, hannu and misko are pushiing to make places back after the first lap incident.

The top 3 are having a nice clean run, again Vince is looking unstoppable and sinbad is having a good clean run in 2nd.

Octane has span again, again causing his left front damper to break, his team are'nt going to be happy with him today, its going to cost them a fortune in repair bills, his mechanics must be running out of spare dampers to install on his car!!.

Mid-way through lap 9 and Rumiko takes to the grass, his FZ50 slips sideways and XRRoy pounces on him to take 5th, Misko has taken 8th from pilot, and both Misko and Rumiko take to the grass again sending a cloud of dust into the air.

All 3 drivers, Rumiko, Misko and pilot are side-by-side down the bridge straight, pilot takes the wide line, misko goes wide on the exit and catches pilot causing him to take a trip into the kitty-litter, this gives Vain a chance to take 9th, and is now close to the rest of this little group of drivers, Vain
seemingly came from nowhere there!!.

Paps has had an extremely good run and is now back up to 3rd, great driving from him to come back from that accident.

The only battle now is between team-mates rumiko and misko, no love lost between these two, they are pushing hard for the position, no team orders here!!.

Misko gets a great line through the sweeping double left hander and gets the pull on Rumiko, but Rumiko has the inside line for the next corner, it doesnt matter though, as Misko goes through.

Vain has dropped off a bit now, he has an incident in the last chicane, but the closest driver Nukelane is too far away to take advantage of it.

Furter down the grid, Bean0 is pushing Nukelane along, he is welded to his bumper but he'll struggle to get past on this track, Nukelane seems pretty accomplished at driving defensivly, he is defending his lines well.

Lap 14, and now the drivers are well spread out, but all of these drivers will be pushing hard to increase their finishing positions, Vince looks like he has the race wrapped up, he is at least 8 seconds ahead of the nearest driver, sinbad, unless something goes terribly wrong he will finish this race in first
place.

Pilot is sniffing Rumiko's behind, pilot is itching for Rumiko to make a mistake, Rumiko's FZ50 is squirming as he tries to get the power down, his tyres must get getting hot and worn by now.

Sorry to be a bad omen Rumiko!!!, he clips the crash barrier on the bridge straight entrance, this gives pilot enough room to pull along side and retakes 8th, Rumiko won't be happy at hitting the barrier there.

The front runners are now catching up with the back markers, but all the back marker drivers are respecting the blue flag warning and letting the faster drivers pass where possible, paps looks as though he might have to settle for 3rd, sinbad in 2nd is 15 seconds ahead, but hannu is getting close, paps is going to have to keep an eye on his rear view mirror.

Lap 17 and Hannu is now close enough to attempt a move, but paps is seasoned at defensive driving and is not going to give up 3rd easily.

Lap 19 and paps takes a very wide line into T1, hannu see this as a chance to get past, but backs off due to the fact that the nasty little left-right chicane is up-coming.

Hannu, in the middle of the three-man Muroc racing train goes into the final lap wishing he could get close enough to take paps, but it doesnt look like its going to happen.

Its all over, Vince takes first, his first win of the season, and the fastest lap, 1:31:09 only a shade under a second off the world record, incidentally held currently by Vince, sinbad comes in in 2nd place, his first podium finish of the season, paps will be very happy that he made up all those places to take the final podium place.

All in all a very nice race, some great racing from all, well done to all for finishing, it can't have been easy for some, well done to Kaizoko for a clean first race.

Its still very close it the top end of the table, the next race in 2 weeks is at Kyoto National, this fast track will favour the powerfull FZ50, so vince should be able to storm that race to push him firmly into the overall lead.

Thanks for joining us for another round of the Road Sport Summer Cup, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did, stay tuned to hear our race marshall's decisions on two incidents.

RRSC Media.

Fern Bay Race Marshall decisions.

After reviewing the race media, our marshalls have come to the following conclusion, please note that these decision are FINAL, they are meant to try and avoid anything untoward in the future, we understand race accidents will happen, but racers must try to avoid them.

Incident 1)
Lap 1
Involved : sinbad, paps, hannu
Verdict : racing accident, sinbad had the inside line, hannu had nowhere to go, causing paps to spin
Penalties : None, but due to the severity of the incident and the amount of people involved we are making aware that these should try to be avoided in the future.

Incident 2)
Involved : Nukelane, Vain
Verdict : Vain attempted to get close enough to overtake Nukelane in T1, but did'nt have enough overlap to make it stick, he continued to accelerate and Nukelane moved over, Vain should have yeilded but did'nt, as a result Vain contacted Nukelane and Nukelane was put into a spin causing him to lose places
Penalties : Vain recieves a race warning for the next event, any further infringement in the next race will incur a time/point penalty.

RRSC Marshall's
#2 - Bean0
Great report again, how many times did you watch it to cover all the goings on ?

I haven't had a chance to watch the replay, but I was pretty sure Bozo had regained control before I hit his rear corner causing the spin. Not to worry though, I don't think my position would have been any better had I not waited.
Many times, from varying different perspectives!!!!.

Dan,
#4 - XRRoy
again a great report Dan
#5 - Vain
Great race report!

Though I have a different opinion on the accident with NukeLane, as I didn't accelerate but just left 15% gas on to keep the diff loaded. Actually I planned to let NukeLane past safely and wait for a better situation, but he didn't accelerate as fast as I thought he could and when he pulled across I couldn't react anymore.
But I'm not going to start a discussion here.
Nice report and nice race!

Vain
Fair enough mate, its just my view of what happened, it actually looked worse on 1x speed than it did on 0.5 speed, the only reason I pulled it up is because if I was Nukelane I would have been a bit pissed off LOL .

Dan,
#7 - Vain
No problem. I don't mind the warning as it doesn't have any effect anyway. And of course NukeLane can write me a PM if he wants to know how that incident looked from my point of view and what the reason for the misunderstanding was.

Oh, and I know how it feels to be spun because a small racing incident. Happened twice to me in the first two races.

Vain
#8 - Vince
Great report again!!
#9 - bozo
Quote from Bean0 :... but I was pretty sure Bozo had regained control before I hit his rear corner causing the spin.

I've seen the replay, and I did slow down a lot on hitting those tyres, so I'm not surprised I got hit from behind. It was a nice gesture for you to wait though, thank you.

Fantastic report Dan. I thought I'd seen most incidents when I took the screenshots, but you've rooted out more! There certainly was an awful lot going on.

By the way, it's only 1 week before the next race. We're at Kyoto National next Thursday. Hopefully we'll have a lot more of the same ... actually, hopefully we'll see more FZ50's at the front of the race .
Very nice report again, thanks Dan

Yes, this was easily the worst league race for me ever.

At the start i forgot to join in time and lost my starting position and had to start from the back. Stupid me

After that i couldn´t find concentration and crashed into a wall and destroyed my damper twice, each time followed by a pitstop, it was a very expensive racing day for me and my team.

I hope things will get better next race again, looking forward to it.
Yeaaaahh , report was great . I have to read these more often

What team-orders ??? hihih

It was my decision to let Papsie and hannu go easy, thei might had a chance to get sinbad

Im am
:littleang
Quote from Vain :No problem. I don't mind the warning as it doesn't have any effect anyway. And of course NukeLane can write me a PM if he wants to know how that incident looked from my point of view and what the reason for the misunderstanding was.

Oh, and I know how it feels to be spun because a small racing incident. Happened twice to me in the first two races.

Vain

No worries mate No hard feelings... And I also didn't file a complaint. This came from the management itself.
now that was some nice reading
you got talent man, respect

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG