The online racing simulator
LFS DRAG 8 LANE
(5 posts, started )
LFS DRAG 8 LANE
Hi, I wanted to ask a question / suggestion about why there is no hotlap in drag stip and 8 lane. For the players that make use of the track, we would like to have a reference on the world record and not be researching old forums and others. He then left a video recorded by me that, after research I came to the conclusion (many people, not just me) that is the world record. Make me a correction if I am mistaken.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/hm53GAgM4jA
#2 - Ped7g
<flame>I don't get it, he just starts and it goes nowhere... where is the lap or driving skill or something measurable?

(seriously: considering the LFS engine is 100Hz, it would be quite difficult to add thousands and ten-thousands to the times (they could be still extrapolated from the delta of car position when crossing the line, which would be probably really close to the result produced by finer simulation, but LFS is not doing this) ... and with only hundreds in times I believe there would be quite some people having the same WR, it's not that difficult to just start)
Quote from Ped7g :<flame>I don't get it, he just starts and it goes nowhere... where is the lap or driving skill or something measurable?

(seriously: considering the LFS engine is 100Hz, it would be quite difficult to add thousands and ten-thousands to the times (they could be still extrapolated from the delta of car position when crossing the line, which would be probably really close to the result produced by finer simulation, but LFS is not doing this) ... and with only hundreds in times I believe there would be quite some people having the same WR, it's not that difficult to just start)

Makes sense.
#4 - Racon
The fact we have that 3rd decimal place in LFSWorld suggests that Scawen is hoping to be able to refine to thousands at some point...
Quote from Racon :The fact we have that 3rd decimal place in LFSWorld suggests that Scawen is hoping to be able to refine to thousands at some point...

I would love to see them do something more with the drag strip. I don't see pro street or top fuel options in any of the other guy's games. Just the same ol same ol go around in a circle stuff. But I think trying to figure out wrinkled slicks and down force from exhaust angles would give Scawen nightmares.

LFS DRAG 8 LANE
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG