The online racing simulator
I have questions regarding the AI racers and having contact with them
I feel like the AI racers are targeting me and doing their best to spin me. When I come in contact with them, it feels like their cars are some sort of tanks and it's impossible to do anything to them if they feel like just bloody ramming into you and spinning you.
No,they just don't care if you are there or not,they have their predefined line and they leave it at few predefined situations. They are coded very simple and with low effort as the focus on this sim is on online racing.
Makes sense now, I guess that's also why it seems they have a perfect racing line. Also, speaking of multiplayer, I don't see that many racing servers. Most of them are drifting servers, city driving or Demo rallycross servers. Don't get me wrong, rallycrossing is fun, and drifting is the main thing I do on this game, but I'd like to race in a full server of 20 other playes at times.
Hi CrollexX,

A lot of people advise to check out our racing calendar. There are events on nearly every day. Many of them don't require any kind of sign-up. You can find some of the best racing there.

Have a look: https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar
Ok, this is getting outrageous. Every single one of my races gets ruined because of the AI. I'm just taking a corner and boom an AI rams into me, I spin, of course nothing happens to the AI, and from 2nd place I'm in 7th. I get that this game's focus is on multiplayer, but I legit can't do a quick singleplayer race because the AI is going to ruin all of my fun.
I dont think I have used single player for over 5 years so it might be different now, but turning on the racing line used to help as you knew where the little ***** were going.
Quote from CrollexX :Ok, this is getting outrageous. Every single one of my races gets ruined because of the AI. I'm just taking a corner and boom an AI rams into me, I spin, of course nothing happens to the AI, and from 2nd place I'm in 7th. I get that this game's focus is on multiplayer, but I legit can't do a quick singleplayer race because the AI is going to ruin all of my fun.

The AI on LFS race on a pre-determined race path set in code. They rarely veer off the racing line, only if the player's car (you) is directly in front of them. Only then, do they recognize there is an object ahead of them, but even then it takes a good second for them to react. That path is also set quite narrow - if you squeeze an AI car just a little bit off line, they will back out, slow to a stop and cause a pile up.

The AI do not have very good side-to-side spatial awareness, hence, if you are on any of their quarterpanels and have little overlap, it is highly likely you will be spun out if you make any sudden movements because of their slow reaction.

This is also the reason why LFS AI seem to be the most "robotic" - similar to early versions of F1 2015 where you see the cars travelling like a bullet train in single file.

I have questions regarding the AI racers and having contact with them
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG