The online racing simulator
Quote from theblackrabbi :how do you just try it once if you buy a subscription for a month or two and get to race in uncountable races per day?

just saying I've done about 2 thousand plus official races on iracing

you get what you pay for sometimes and iracing is no different...you pay to race on their fast servers, not some random persons server halfway around the world..

iracing is the only serious sim around today that you can pickup and race any time of the day....oval, drift and road..

if you think it's too expensive you obviously don't have a car or live anywhere that you spend a 100 bucks a week or more on travel.

I'd rather pay a quality sim I can just pickup and race than ones I will only race idiots for the most part.

just saying maybe give it another chance.

you do not get much value for money with iracing, the graphics are not really that good when compared to project cars and the interior/cockpits look pretty cr@p. Plus you never actually own what you have unless you have a subscription, at the regular price i would of payed over 700gbp for the same amount of years i have been on LFS which cost me a lot less and still get to race daily when i want and not on some random persons server half way across the world but our own servers which with combining the cost of them with the cost of lfs is still a hell of a lot less

Also getting to race when i want is a must as its easy enough to spend 5 mins racing while waiting for the missus to get ready before going out ect

Also [/quote]if you think it's too expensive you obviously don't have a car or live anywhere that you spend a 100 bucks a week or more on travel[/quote]

Big difference is it cost a lot less to run a real car than iracing, and with a real car it serves its purpose and at times a necessity.
who has done that fox hotlaps? iracing teammate sure.. confess!
@bishtop ye but they make more money to survive.

BTW Never gonna rent a game Wink

Hope it's not going to go that way in game industry Shrug

I mean like google etc
Quote from RC-Maus :@bishtop ye but they make more money to survive.

I mean like google etc

Yes the company get money to survive, but what i stated was in regard to [/quote]if you think it's too expensive you obviously don't have a car or live anywhere that you spend a 100 bucks a week or more on travel[/quote]

While i have spent near 150 usd in the past on games with add-ons such as each of the battlefield series which i bought as soon as they had been released i have so because once you pay it then becomes a game you own forever

I will add that at the moment the price for a 2 year subscription is not to bad but it is when you want more cars and tracks that is unattractive

"If you wish to buy additional cars, they cost a one-time fee of $11.95. If you want to buy additional tracks, they cost a one-time fee of either $11.95 or $14.95 depending on the track"
Tried LFS on a very bloody expensive sim set up...

For me, the FFB came out on top compared to every other commercial sim available. It was just absolutely nailed on. The better the system the depth of LFS's qualities present themselves.
Assetto FFB is baked. It's based on "tire aligning moment" which has no meaningful centering effect--only mechanical trail can do that. LFS FFB is based on mechanical trail (like it should be). It reacts to lateral deflection at the tire, but the tire deflection itself is not driving the FFB. I noticed this mostly after using LFS 0.6H, with NewTweakOrder, and different wheel widths/aspect ratios. Thinner tires and slightly wider wheels sharpen steering response considerably, making soft suspension setups more manageable.

iRacing, AFAIK, also uses mechanical trail for it's FFB. I haven't played it so I don't know if you can feel the tire deforming.
Aside from the FFB differences, the other thing that LFS lacks that iRacing does really well is the air friction. When drafting, the simulation for the cushion of air in front of the trailing car that increases both cars speeds, and the ability to side-draft in the wake of the lead car are missing from LFS.

It's not something that has a great deal of effect on a circuit, but in oval-racing it makes all the difference.
I think iRacing FFB is more fake than Assetto FFB. It's calculated from all 4 wheels at once. That's why it feels like it's "at" the center of gravity.
Quote from RC-Maus :

I mean like google etc

I am the same, I will never rent a game that I intend to play for a long time.....but some people do.
It is kind of like the lootbox model, some will pay to gamble etc. and due to recent events lootboxes are now very different...major developers learn the error of their ways eventually.

We all have to love Scavier for what they do.
No it's because you can't drive and can't have fun

After racing assetto corsa and iracing
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG