The online racing simulator
LFS on VEGA 11 Graphics
(9 posts, started )
LFS on VEGA 11 Graphics
Has anyone ran LFS on a system with Vega 11 APU graphics?

I can snag a deal on a few systems that use this, to replace my multi-player on one PC...

Just wondering how well/bad it runs LFS before I spend the cash.

FPS with default settings?
I have no clue hope it works better then intel HD Wink
A quick comparison to my dated GPU shows that it's not that bad, a bit less powerful but i'd guess it will run lfs very good even with higher res textures, but full grids or full ai grid may have some issues. Definitely better than any intel HD gpu by far, though Big grin

Btw nice to see your simulators in action, saw the vid in the other topic, neat stuff Smile
#5 - lfsrm
It's roughly equal to an GTX750TI if it's coupled with at least 2666mhz DDR4 RAM in dual channel ( 4x2 or 8x2 instead of one stick of 8 or 16 GB ), maybe few % better in some games.

But it has more modern ( better dx_12 compatibility etc ) features and it will age way better without any doubt.

Wich mean you will get at least 120 fps at 1080p 60hz in most situations if you don't go crazy with the antialiasing ( don't use 8x ).
Tried a mini PC with the Intel HD (530 I think), did not work too well... had to turn everything off, and it still stays at or below 60fps.
Yet it does play Supreme Commander pretty well...

I was going to buy a 3rd pc to lessen the load on the two I am using now... but for the cost of what I was going to build I can acquire a few Mini PC with the Ryzen 2400 Vega 11 chip. If I can run two instances of LFS off of each one... one for cockpit view for driver, and maybe a 2nd monitor above for spectators with external car, track side view or something....

So was just wondering if now is a good time to try and go individual PCs per player.... might wait for the Ryzen 3 equivalent though.

If I go individual PCs, I can then start doing Minecraft birthday parties! LOL hahahaha is Minecraft still a thing? lol
#7 - lfsrm
AMD Zen 2 APU (3000G) will be even better, but the actual ones are very capable too.
They would easily run LFS, a video here of a gamer playing battlefield V at 60+ fps which is a lot more graphic intense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srb8ufOfnJ0

Also pity you could not do something fortnite orientated. lots of kids love it
Running LFS on HD630 of i5-7300HQ at 1080p (2x MSAA, some other settings dropped a bit too) gives 60-120fps, vega 11 should be 3-4 times as fast

LFS on VEGA 11 Graphics
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG