The online racing simulator
+- button binds (Script improvement)
Some explanation is needed here. Back in the days when I was playing Quake 2 on 2.5x normal speed, I did a lot of custom control scripting. There were 3 ways to bind a key, for example "bind k fire" works about like binds do currently I LFS, while binding to +fire would do an action on press until released
, and -fire would do an action on release. This functionality allowed me to make a deep menu system that could be pulled up with TAB and navigated with only mouse buttons, while dodging incoming fire.

This becomes interesting for LFS when you have people like me that build their own custom controls. For instance if I choose to use a Suzo Happ 6 speed shifter because they are made to be used and abused, I would need custom binding because it has only 4 switches, up down left and right, using combinations of switches for different gears. You might notice a lack of gates for a reverse gear on a 6 speed transmission. Using a + and - bind set, I could rebind 1st gear on shift out of first, so shifting into 1st twice would get reverse, and selecting any other gear would bind it back to 1st.

This could also have implications for physically impaired players as well
#2 - Racon
We can rebind keys with scripts - there is an example for setting up using one button to cycle through the f9-f12 info in the docs here.
Quote from Racon :We can rebind keys with scripts - there is an example for setting up using one button to cycle through the f9-f12 info in the docs here.

No shit? I mean I currently use a version of that script, but having used the phrase "about like binds do currently I LFS" I have no familiarity with LFS scripting at all.

First of all, these are different because a gear must be held, rather than tapped, and also, there isn't a documented way to script an action on the RELEASE of a button. Which makes a difference when dealing with a shifter.

+- button binds (Script improvement)
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG