The online racing simulator
For me it's about the same, maybe slightly less stutters but fps still drops when more cars on screen.
Thank you for the VR test, Pistolero and Drifteris.

Quote from Pistolero 667 :For exemple the weakest IA like it is right now and the strongest (120%) close to world record.

It's hard to make the AI faster because they are using the same physics and same grip, so it's difficult to give them the skill level of an experienced real driver.

But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now. I need to work on the tyre physics after finishing some more graphical updates. I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.
Quote from Scawen :
But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now. I need to work on the tyre physics after finishing some more graphical updates. I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

I know LFS is a online simulator, but a better IA could really introduce a lot new players in LFS multiplayer.

Very happy a better IA is also in the schedule Smile Very excited for the update

Thank you
-
(Stölzel) DELETED by Stölzel
Quote from Scawen :But I have worked on them in the new tyre physics system and I think they are more challenging now.

That would be really great!

Quote from Scawen :I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

Really?!!! Omg omg omg I hope that too! Thumbs up
If it's in reasonable timeframe... (and not another "2008") it would be awesome. Big grin
Quote from Scawen :
[...]

Not a high priority request, but just in case you further work a bit on the AI, could you please fix it so the cars don't break suddenly for example when they come close to the wall in lap one in SouthCity and similar situations. More awareness of the player when overtaking would be needed too, so they don't push you into the sand pits.

LFS is such a great simulator, but racing with AI is not that fun until those are fixed. I always stay away from them for the first 1 lap to give them time to sort them out (if this makes sense).

EDIT: fixed misspelling
Test Patch U11 is now available with a minor improvement for VR and you can now control the strength of the Horizon Lock.

Changes from 0.6U9 to 0.6U11:

VR:
- Using latest update for OpenVR
- Improved timing of obtaining view each frame

Views:
- Horizon lock now has a strength slider option

Small improvement for ultrawide monitors:
- LFS now assumes 3 screens when aspect ratio is 4:1
- previously assumed 3 screens when aspect ratio was 3:1

Some more updated translations - thank you translators!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93185
Quote from ksa_land :LFS is such a great simulator, but racing with AI is not that fun until those are fixed. I always stay away from them for the first 1 lap to give them time to sort them out (if this makes sense).

Not a real solution, but it helps mixing different AI skill levels, so they soon start "fighting" each other.
Man someone has to update lfsworld page :|
Quote from Tomislav531 :Man someone has to update lfsworld page :|

Is this something to do with the test patch?

It's not clear what you are saying.
Quote from Scawen :Is this something to do with the test patch?

It's not clear what you are saying.

No everything is fine with page just looks outdated. I guess I posted in wrong thread sorry.
Yes, I think it looks outdated too. It's like an old Windows desktop. I think maybe Victor could move each of the functions from that site over to the main LFS page, perhaps one by one. The trouble is he has another full time job so he doesn't always have much time for such things which aren't that high a priority.
It has its charm but is a bit painful from a mobile browser!
Quote from Pasci :That would be really great!

Really?!!! Omg omg omg I hope that too! Thumbs up

I also changes in AI!Nod
This is very good news, thanks guys.
Quote from Scawen :... I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

This is one of the best news I've heard this year!
In any case, when building a new system in the future, when choosing VR, I will proceed from how cool it (VR) works in LFS.
Health to you, Scawen.
Quote from Scawen :I hope to release the new tyre physics with the graphical update.

Wow! That would make a lot of people very happy, yourself included no doubt Wink
After all these years, it somehow feels a bit more real now that you've mentioned it so casually.
Fingers crossed it's soon (LFS is still my favourite sim in many ways).
Quote from kristofferandersen :Great to hear! This next bit is slightly off-topic, but what are your thoughts on implementing Discord's Rich Presence?
https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to

DarkKostas did make an InSim client to make some use of Rich Presence.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91985-LFS-Discord%27s-Rich-Presence

Honestly I don't think it makes much sense for Scawen to implement a third party service like that, given the privacy concerns. Plus it's just work to undo if Discord dies at some point (whcih given LFS' longevity so far, it seems more likely that LFS will last longer than Discord).

I like Discord, but I think third party clients is the right thing for that kind of integration.
iRacing has had voice chat built into the client for 10 years. It's not unreasonable (but not required) for LFS to implement it natively. A community solution seems unlikely to happen considering it's been 15+ years.
I am thinking all that would be needed, is have a single input text box for host to input an url to a standard discord link.

This would pop up, when first logging into the lfs server, and ppl would just click it and start talking... as it would load discord in browser or the discord program itself. This way everyone on that server would be talking together, using their own discord server, or a just a channel on an existing one.
That can already be accomplished with a MOTD upon joining. Then it's not bound to any audio platform.
Quote from Drifteris :For me it's about the same, maybe slightly less stutters but fps still drops when more cars on screen.

Are you using the beta version of SteamVR, had a few people mention it being a problem, whenever i have used steamVR on other games it constantly ends up stuttering and if i do not close in task manager it can cause stutters while not gaming(browsing ect)
Quote from gu3st :Honestly I don't think it makes much sense for Scawen to implement a third party service like that, given the privacy concerns. Plus it's just work to undo if Discord dies at some point (whcih given LFS' longevity so far, it seems more likely that LFS will last longer than Discord).

I like Discord, but I think third party clients is the right thing for that kind of integration.

It's less than 30 minutes of work to implement it. More time to learn how to use the api than actually the whole process. It's always better to have native support than external programs that do extra stuff. Btw thanks for mentioning my little program. I almost forgot about it! It's nice to have it cause i know a lot of people are looking at what you're playing, so i made it to help others see me and maybe motivate them to join as well and that's exactly the reason i'd love to see it native.
I know that it's not a lot of work, I just feel it's better suited to an external tool like yours as it keeps LFS leaner.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the information. That crash (0xc0000005) is a memory access violation.

Unfortunately the offset of the instruction that caused the crash is not within the LFS exe. It might be in D3D or the Pimax drivers (or the graphics card drivers). That doesn't prove that LFS is not at fault but it doesn't prove it is at fault and certainly does mean I can't locate the problem.

I have the same issue again. Also after PItool update (to version 1.0.1.259). :-( But other VR-games (like Fruit Ninja or Vanishing Realsm) work fine. BTW: Reinstallation of the current NVIDIA drivers does not solve the issue this time.

If I'm not mistaken other drivers also have pimax headsets. Nobody else has problems?

I still post the deb.log.
May 24 18:06:15 LFS : 0.6U11
May 24 18:06:15 timer resolution 1 ms
May 24 18:06:15 read config
May 24 18:06:15 get command line
May 24 18:06:15 preinit d3d
May 24 18:06:15 started Direct3D 9Ex
May 24 18:06:15 number of adapters : 1
May 24 18:06:15 adapter 0 - valid modes : 57
May 24 18:06:15 load font
May 24 18:06:15 -----
May 24 18:06:16 max texture size 16384
May 24 18:06:16 can do shadows
May 24 18:06:16 can do multi tex
May 24 18:06:16 load language
May 24 18:06:16 initialisations
May 24 18:06:16 human system
May 24 18:06:16 tables
May 24 18:06:16 helmet
May 24 18:06:16 controllers
May 24 18:06:16 load objects
May 24 18:06:16 start intro
May 24 18:06:16 end of initialisation
May 24 18:06:17 Controller 1 (Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB) :
May 24 18:06:17 Added 5 axes
May 24 18:06:17 Blackwood
May 24 18:06:23 Next LOD
May 24 18:06:23 Next LOD
May 24 18:06:24 Next LOD
May 24 18:06:24 Meshes : 40
May 24 18:06:24 init sound
May 24 18:07:11 open VR

And the application error event:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: LFS.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5e90a6d7
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x38ea0613
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1668
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d631e540bfb21a
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\LFS\LFS.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 7c7ef346-1c23-472c-9b0d-1ffacedcf6b2
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

I will report to the pimax forum as soon as possible.
This thread is closed

Test Patch U16: Updates and fixes
(392 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG