The online racing simulator
bug or just youtube invasion?
(5 posts, started )
as far as i know lfs.net doesnt consist of any content a browser should be blocking ?

so naturally i wondered about this message in firefox.

from this thread and actual post i tried to play it from.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1944200#post1944200

so my thought was this is coming form youtube or what ?
Attached images
youtubelfs.jpg
** Best answer **
Hm yeah I would think that's youtube and not lfs.net
Other threads with youtube videos display the same message for me.
While threads without youtube videos do not.
Well, it's the usual suspects. Primarily Twitter and Google via their "DoubleClick" ad network (I wasn't able to spot any blocked content from Youtube, though).

You're seeing this because apparently Firefox has a built-in content blocker that by default subscribes to the disconnect.me content blocking list.

To spot all blocked requests, open the Firefox Developer Tools (by pressing F12), go to the Network tab and look for requests with the icon that indicates a blocked request (see first attachment).

Here's Mozilla's article on content blocking in Firefox.

So in a nutshell: it's not a bug, it is simply what the internet has come to. I remember talking to Victor about supporting the Do Not Track (DNT) header to potentially avoid this by not including third parties in the first place, but it was a few years ago and I suppose things have changed since than and whatever methods Vic put in place may have to be updated.

Edit: Meanwhile, I think uBlock Origin does a decent job blocking these requests. After ensuring that all my content blocking lists were up to date (for some reason they weren't) I'm no longer seeing any content being blocked by the blocking built into Firefox, ergo no more warnings (see second attachment).
Attached images
lfs-net.png
lfs-net2.png
#4 - gu3st
depending on how the videos are embedded, you can enable a privacy enhanced mode for youtube.
Quote from felplacerad :Well, it's the usual suspects. Primarily Twitter and Google via their "DoubleClick" ad network (I wasn't able to spot any blocked content from Youtube, though).

You're seeing this because apparently Firefox has a built-in content blocker that by default subscribes to the disconnect.me content blocking list.

To spot all blocked requests, open the Firefox Developer Tools (by pressing F12), go to the Network tab and look for requests with the icon that indicates a blocked request (see first attachment).

Here's Mozilla's article on content blocking in Firefox.

So in a nutshell: it's not a bug, it is simply what the internet has come to. I remember talking to Victor about supporting the Do Not Track (DNT) header to potentially avoid this by not including third parties in the first place, but it was a few years ago and I suppose things have changed since than and whatever methods Vic put in place may have to be updated.

Edit: Meanwhile, I think uBlock Origin does a decent job blocking these requests. After ensuring that all my content blocking lists were up to date (for some reason they weren't) I'm no longer seeing any content being blocked by the blocking built into Firefox, ergo no more warnings (see second attachment).

tried U-Block but its not working properly for me . it seems some things it just doesnt take. (i didnt use that in this browser though).currently i am testing one named privacy possum.seems to work but i havent yet been going deeper into it.

EDIT: now ive seen your thread. honestly i didnt see that before,or i would have adressed this in that thread ofc. but form 2014, i didnt think of it when i posted this. ursakta for det Smile tack så mycket for info.

Quote from Victor :Hm yeah I would think that's youtube and not lfs.net
Other threads with youtube videos display the same message for me.
While threads without youtube videos do not.

thank you that confirms my thought.
i am thinking twitter/google(especially/youtube)/facebook should not be allowed this kind of stalking of people.not sure but i think facebook have taken some responsibillity towards this issue. but contrary i dont think google does anything for their stalking of people online.

i personally find it creepy when texting someone on my phone about something and 10 min later i see commercials for that same thing i just wrote to someone about. its like having someone breathing down you neck at all times year round.which i again find highly privacy invading. (my oppinion)

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG