The online racing simulator
How do you create new cars?
(15 posts, started )
Hello,

Do you [developers] have a system of making new cars or you follow your inspiration? How do you decide to make a new car for LFS?

Marino
yes they have system. kinda. first they promise a car and then they dont do it Shrug
Demo Racer and asking for creating new Cars...
But hey... You can help the devs to create new Cars if you Buy a License Wink
Quote from Stölzel :Demo Racer and asking for creating new Cars...
But hey... You can help the devs to create new Cars if you Buy a License Wink

Why you think like that? Is he asking them to add more free cars?
Quote from neonmateo :Is she...

Oh,it's actually Marina? Big grin

Anyway - for me it looks like they took popular cars as basis and created their own to cover some variety of cars. No idea if there was a specific system. Also it's been a while since they created a car - at least 2 latest additions are recreated real world cars plus the german lamecar which practically threw Scawen to the extended tyre journey.
Making new cars isn't exactly something that happens alot in LFS. I don't know when S2 came out but the current line up has been here since at least 10 years back and even more.

However, there are some real life inspiration in the cars for sure.
XR: Mitsubishi Colt Starion or chrysler/plymouth/dodge Conquest
This car fills the general role as a cheap RWD sports car

LX: Caterham
RAC: Raceabout 2000

RB4: Toyota celica GT4
UF: Classic mini

the XF is some early 90's french car, maybe a Fiat
Quote from Jatimc :yes they have system. kinda. first they promise a car and then they dont do it Shrug

legend
Quote from pärtan :the XF is some early 90's french car, maybe a Fiat

Possibly citroen ax gti? Smile

Source en.lfsmanual.net
The key-word is similar. Everyone can see similarities with one car or another,often the vision for similarities is based on own experience with particular car. Also - lfsmanual is not a source direct from devs,it's community maintained.
Quote from neonmateo :
Source en.lfsmanual.net

That's only the exterior, though Tongue

The interior in XF is similar to one found in a MK1 Fiat Punto

Meanwhile XR's interior has lots of similarities with MK1 Mitsubishi 3000GT

I think i read somewhere that Eric has/had a 3000GT, from which he took reference when he was making the XR interior.
That handbrake/gearstick positioning in the Mitsu looks 'interesting'...
Wow,I've been driving with japanese sports cars around for over 10 years now,I forgot how uncommon that hanbrake position is for others... Big grin Eclipse has the handbrake on the left side of gearstick,MR2 on the right,in both cases these were LHD cars.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG