The online racing simulator
Official S2 League
(2 posts, started )
Official S2 League
Hello everyone, today I was thinking here and because LiveForSpeed could not have an official championship like other simulators?
A stronger bet also in the leagues and communities of each country so you can further promote LiveForSpeed.
I think this would be important also for simulator, so with the new clues that are coming will be a real madness!
I do not think that an official championship would be any better then privately organised leagues, unless it features something a privately organised one cannot offer.

Well, while not official LFS leagues, there used to be big leagues and competitions in LFS. Intel held a competition with an BMW M6 as a prize, the Electronic Sports League held a Pro Series with prize money and Masters of Endurance featured many races, who are now succesful in other simulations. The latter also used to feature a few regional teams.

Also I am not sure how many regional communities are left. My native communities vanished some time ago, partly migrating to the international forums, partly to other Leagues and the rest left LFS.

However there once was an official slalom competiton many moons ago using the Autocross area and layouts.

EDIT: One more thing, if you think of official competitions in some simulations and games, it is also a marketing tool for them and associated brands. Having it "officially sanctioned" by game studios and brands elevates it on the one hand, but it also requires some resources to have it living up to an expected standard: Sophisticated qualifying system, broadcasts and coverage, prizes... Game studios usually have a marketing team/department that could organise those parts.

Official S2 League
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG