The online racing simulator
Wasted 12£
(15 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Wasted 12£
Some 10 years ago...I ordered a dinner in a popular restaurant. At the moment I started enjoy it, my high expectations collapsed like the f1 career of kimmo raikkonen. Everything was bad. The meat was overcooked, the french potatoes were fake, the sauce tasted horrible.

The restaurant is still there. I can't understand why. It reminds me of my worst decision of my life. I feel offended they still doing business, while I wasted my money on them.

During years I have been writing on the FB page of the restaurant, how dissatisfied I am about what has happened, and how I feel I should have some compensation on that. I feel I have been betrayed and I can't get over it. Wasted years - ruined memories. I am not bitter, just wanted to share my deep feelings. Anyone ever had experienced anything similar?
#2 - lucaf
Well yes, I asked for a free compensation meal several times. But did not get any replay, which is a big shame.

If I could change history, I would rather spend my money on a pc game which I could play again and again. But that was just one bad steak and now its gone.

Don't get me wrong, I want just open discussion on this. Not a serious thing but waiting ten years for a compensation, it sucks.
I see what you did there
I assume the meat.. or stake, was pretty dry... That is indeed a showstopper. I almost always take a meat/stake on cooked one, never been a fan with medium thingies, unless it is completely raw. But yeah, if it is a dry, its a big no no, especially if you are assumed to pay some bills.
#5 - Racon
I had a similar experience. I'm not a chef myself, but I've tried hanging around the kitchen shouting random chefing advice to the chef through the back door. It's been completely ineffective, so obviously I have no option but to keeping making the advice louder and more random.
Quote from Big Daddy :Now we have graphical update, more shine and calculated shadows (just about the needs of female drivers)

Content is nowhere to see.

Basically gaming are history for me. as LFS is (for me).

It ´s out there for the new generation, and unfortunately it does the wrong steps for the right target group:

Graphic improvement (for the females and half males) 4K support VR support and even worse Tablet support.

Careful, someone might get the impression you're an insecure woman-hater, like this guy:

OK.... I give up.
How do you have fake french fries?
Steak.
We have two restaurant chains here that are supposedly steak houses.
One is called Outback Steakhouse. It has an Aussie theme. Only Aussies don't really eat steak. At least not like this.
Then there's Texas Roadhouse. Same thing. Plus it's corporate headquarters ain't anywhere near Texas. I think Outback's corporate offices is in Dallas. Go figure. And their steaks are both about the same. So-so at best.
But they have real french fries - I think.
lol fake french fries. made from Tomatoes
#9 - lucaf
Oh cmon guys, you know those authentic look french fries that do not have the taste of a potato, and the composition is more floury than potato. They are made from some syntethic stuff. I am asking for a quality dinner, and I receive such crap. No thanks! I'm off. This will be my last post on this one.
Yes, we absolutely understand your point! No arguments there! I just lol'd about fake french fries, which is true, in terms of quality, but imagining if going extreme, having some plastic toy sticks LOL.
What did you expect from 12 pounds? That's fast food territory. /thread
Quote from benjamin.torres :What did you expect from 12 pounds? That's fast food territory. /thread

Well, they owe me food.

And you come to tell me I expect too much for 12pounds? I have a weird feeling I am getting trolled by someone.

Actually I felt this same feeling the day I was in that restaurant. After eating I went to the kitchen to give my feedback. There was nobody. All staff were in the room beside, it was like a entertaining and rest room. Can you believe they played videogames there? I entered the room and saw two guys on computers laughing and turning wheels like kids. The other of them was the chief. I started to talk them but they did not even watched at me. They continued playing and the other guy told me to "stop crying" and asked me to leave. That hurted me. I insisted them to listen my message. Then the chief shouted "ban him Bob". U know I was like WTF Im not a criminal. However a big guy came in front of me. He had a western hat with some CDP text or smthing, idk. He violently pushed me off the room and slammed the door. Then I heard them shouting "Thanks for the S license" or something like that, anyway totally out of context. The situation was really confusing. I am sure they were on drugs, every1 laughing all the time. Please explain me this..
Quote from lucaf :Well, they owe me food.

And you come to tell me I expect too much for 12pounds? I have a weird feeling I am getting trolled by someone.

Please explain me this..

You realize that you're complaining about a restaurant none of us will ever eat at, much less knows where it is? Do y'all have something called YELP over there? That's where you should be posting about this if you want some sort of result. Is this a chain restaurant? If so, corporate just LOVES to get complaints. They'll even give discounts and free meals for complaining to them. Even though I have a hard time wanting to eat a free meal from the very same place I thought sucked.
12 pounds for a steak dinner.....UK pounds? That's about like $24 US. I can get a decent lobster dinner for that price here - with REAL french fries! And a steak at that price? Porter House, Bone in Rib-eye and Tenderloin. But I don't do any of that. It's still too expensive and the best steak is home cooked anyways. My wife goes to the butcher down the street and gets Filet Mingon for about three dollars a piece. That's cheaper than a crappy burger and healthier. But she doesn't usually cook fries with it. More like Rosemary roasted potatoes. I use the pit occasionally, but to be honest, it's a real pain to set that up to just grill two steaks. But then again, you just can't beat a decent steak grilled over a mesquite wood fire.
Well, if the steak fails to be as you prefer, shit happens. Imagine you order a great steak dinner and you wait for the moment you can sink your teeth into the juicy tasty salty meat.
At the moment when you do it, you realize it wasn't what you were expecting. Its terrible situation. You had prepared to enjoy an amazing meal in that unique moment, and it all fails.

You can't forget such thing even in ten years. It follows you decades after decades. The feeling of frustration and deep disappointment. And the pain starts to eat you from inside. You get old and bitter. And you never forget what you lost that day. You can't stop thinking what would you have now with that 12£. And you complain about that to every person around in your life. And things get just worse when your friends come and say "cmon, just forget it". Insane! Its not that easy, if somebody owes you something.

Its much simpler when you do the steak at home. You can then just blame yourself if it turns into mess. But in a restaurant, it may turn into a disaster. Honestly...later I doubted if it was a restaurant or not. The people inside had a strange look in their eyes when I ordered that dinner.
I went to a Vietnamese restaurant once. It was a front. But the food was pretty good. Don't eat there anymore. Too afraid it'll get raided or a rival will show up and shoot the place up.

You know. If this is that much of an issue for you, I know this really nasty trick involving a couple of cups of ready mix concrete and a toilet bowl.

Wasted 12£
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG