The online racing simulator
I remembered something crazy in the skins that would be amazing with new graphic
Today I was reminded of something that might even be interesting to bring to LiveForSpeed
I'm in the game "Colin Mcrae Rally 3&4 " I have a joke that I really like, that I create a skin and that it can take two forms.
Remember the Ken Block painting that changed color?
In Colin Mcrae Rally can do that, it was enough because version b of this painting changed as wanted

Example car I'm talking about >https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w37y7lk/<

Imagine, there is a Skins.DDS folder and there was a Skinsb.DDS folder that would give the main skin (which would be in the skins.dds folder) and it would change the skin that you would like to change and that reflection of that change was along with the original skin. example happens in CMR3 \ CMR4 and looks beautiful!
You can do this with .dds files, create mipmaps and every 2nd mipmap change it to a different skin, and it'll change the texture when you go further/closer to the car

I've been rolling this idea for some track side textures to make a big screen that would seem like it has a moving picture once you get closer to it, but it doesn't look that great. Big grin
Yes but I think it should not look so good, for example not everyone should know how to do it as you explain Smile
So this form would be a simpler and more practical way, and for example anyone who does not apply the version b skin on the site would look something like this Smile
I think it would be very interesting to see something from this point already with the new graphics, I think in a simulator LiveForSpeed would be the first to have this (I do not know if rest has) and this would make LFS one more time as Pioneer in some project like this Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG