The online racing simulator
LFS can help you driving
(9 posts, started )
LFS can help you driving
I've played this game for the past 3 years, and finally, drived for the first time, and LFS feels the same or almost the same as driving in RL, even playing with a keyboard and mouse, LFS made driving for me much easier, and faster to learn. played the game without any assist, so it could be even more realistic.

Just posting this for who wants a great driving simulation game and for who wanna use it to learn to drive.

I hope the new tires physics to be on this levelThumbs up
Quote from Big Daddy :I don ´t understand. They are already on this level you mention on your video.

If the physics was at that level then there would not need a new tires physics.
as far as i know there are small minor details to tire phisics, slicks on formulas heat up faster on braking but on straight cool also faster, wind&hitting colder air (while speeding on straights) don't cool tires as much, but it is great othervise
Windchill factor is weak in LFS, almost inexistant.
#6 - 5tag
I think a big part of the problem is that currently each tyre only interacts with the surface at one single point. That is especially noticable when driving across curbs or layout objects.

In the video however that can be done in LFS mostly. It's just slicks, a very well tuned setup, a superb and ballsy driver and of course tons of aerodynamic grip.
#7 - Racon
IIRC it's not a single point - a contact patch (size, shape) is generated in one step, and then that patch is used to determine grip in another step by multiple passes (he called it brushing).

Possibly the surface that is used in the brushing is determined from a single point in the contact patch, but that seems like it would be a rather brutal optimisation when considering multiple passes with a free-form shape are happening anyway.
im only 12, so i cant drive on tracks flat out. but i do do motorkhanas and lfs has actually tought me how to drive a car(with the help of a logitech g27). lfs is the closest thing iv ever come to driving a car without driving. its so far beyond any other sims iv tried. also the xfg feels very simalar to a 1970s alfasud ti. which is what it i use
#9 - lucaf
On topic: I can actually confirm this. When I began play LFS in 2015 I quite soon noticed how the simracing experience affected my real driving. Especially in winter when you need to be more aware on slippery surface. I felt more confident with my real car and I also became more sensitive on the cornering behaviour and how the back of the car behaved in curves at faster speed.

LFS can help you driving
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG