The online racing simulator
Will brake wear, engine water/oil temps and better aerodynamics model come soon?
Let's say bundled with the new tire physics patch?
It's an important aspect of endurance racing.
It probably won't come soon no. Nor will the tire physics patch. Let the devs finish what they got on the table right now first. And hey, maybe consider buying a game license to support them before asking them to do more stuff.. Tongue
Why would I buy the game again?
'Cause

That usually means you haven't payed anything to LFS devs.
Attached images
Clip.jpg
-
(benjamin.torres) DELETED by benjamin.torres : redacted
#5 - ozo
Clearly not on this profile then?
On topic, i dont think oil/water temps would matter much, as far as brake fade goes it would be a nice touch - but i dont think its necessary. Imho aerodynamics are pretty good.
There's still the issue about ground effects tbh.
Yes
I ask me why you need several Accounts if you already have one with a Payed LFS License?

That should understand who Shrug
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i too got several accounts. and so does many others.amd demo cars have those things aswell. i dont see why everyone always start to flame people on these forums for using demo accounts.
the guy showed he supported devs. that must be good enough. atleast to me it is.
supporting devs doesnt mean you need to BUY 20 accounts like some people do. ofc it helps devs. but ..still.
other game forums im at. doesnt do that at all to newcomers. actually i only see that in LFS forums.
and also. helping those with questions before they buy, could infact make them bring friends and whatnot into buying it aswell ... so i really dont see any reason for this.

I didn't start a flame war, I just pointed out that maybe you should buy the game before asking for content. And apparently he did. Case closed.

That said I don't understand why you would make a demo account if you already have a licensed account, unless it's intended for griefing servers.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :or to use in ...tralalalaaaa. Demo servers Smile

and to answer you regarding my demo accounts. they were made years ago.
one is from i think 2004.

so i didnt make them after i bought LFS.

and if i did. would it even matter.
however im aware some people just make demo accounts to get "the cool names"
some of those people make tons of accounts.like online websites buying domains.
buying alot of names they know others would probably find interesting or its simply easy or other things.
im more worried about those than me tbh.
atleast i dont mis use that feature here in LFS ,nor anywhere else.
i mean why would someone have the need to have 20 accounts named ferrari 1 2 3 etc...
or simular thing.those are the ones i am refferring too. because i know this have been done for afact before.

i get your point and i too also the case as closed.

so lets agree on that !

Just want to point out that you can play on demo with your licensed account.

Naming doesn't rly matter since you can change your display name.
The only other reasons I can come up with is if ur either banned, or want to do stuff that will get you banned. Or if you want to hide from certain people under another identity?

That said, I don't really care who has how many accounts or for what reasons, so don't take this stuff personal lol. It's just some general thoughts on the subject.
I haven't explained why engine and brake temps are important.
In fact all of this is related to aerodynamics.

LFS is missing air ducts for the engine and for the brakes.
Say that you won't get brake fade or engine overheating within a lap, so closing those ducts will be the most beneficial as it would increase top speed.

But in endurance, it's a limiting factor. Power loss due to engine overheating and ubiquitous brake fade.

The key is finding the balance between sufficient top speed and sufficient component cooling. And we don't have that. YET, because I really hope to see this. IMO, it would make endurance races more exciting.

LFS finally competing to other sims would be a dream come true.
The current tire model is really good, maybe it's inaccurate on optimal tire temps because they rounded up or down, IRL I'm sure it's not exactly 50.0C but maybe 48.6C or something like that. But the sidewall feel is one of the best I felt in any sim.
benjamin.torres: yes, yes, yes. Definitely a thing for endurance...

If you think about it, the current LFS simulation is sort of very simple: tires (temp inner/outer, flatspots, tire-walls deformation not just visual), suspension, clutch, (damaging) revs, aero drag + slipstreaming. And that's all I think? And fuel of course. And body damage (with dynamic COG)!

I mean, it's a lot in terms of programming and covering almost all major parts, but there are so many small details left, like brakes wear/temps, engine temp, limited tire sets, aero-body configuration .... wanted to write "etc", but actually can't recall lot more right now.

I'm pretty sure Scawen will address some of these after tires update, as it will be very likely pure joy for him to implement some of these and they will probably take much shorter time than other topics (like weather and/or daytime).

Looking forward for it. Smile

edit:

Big Daddy: "Btw. clutch simulation in LFS is unrealistical. It breaks way too fast." - my racing kart strongly disagrees (it burns clutch even faster than LFS, if you do handle it incorrectly).
By the way I think you're thinking well, I think that next version after graphics there are certain things that should be released

-Tempratura ambient and tempratura on the asphalt
-Temprature of the oil
-Under the car

These are things that make a big difference in a competition
I don't know why you think it's funny to make a new account just to mock me. BUT if you enjoy that then go ahead and have fun. Honestly, i dont care.
Quote from pärtan :

That said I don't understand why you would make a demo account if you already have a licensed account, unless it's intended for griefing servers.

or unless it's intended to troll & create confusion on Forum.
"That said I don't understand why you would make a demo account if you already have a licensed account,"

What about celebrities? I dunno.... Say actor Lawrence Fishburne had an account. And he was afraid of the papparazzi getting access to it or posting the name his account is in so that if he goes on the servers, everyone will bother him about autographs and the Matrix.
I could see him getting demo accounts for those reasons.
Hmmmm.... a topic for off topic......

Will brake wear, engine water/oil temps and better aerodynamics model come soon?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG