The online racing simulator
ALL religions explained in just 30 min
(24 posts, started )
This video actually explains why religions exist. and why we have the Zodiac signs !

"my intention is not to step on peoples toes with this.but to make you think about the world we have today!".

I am perfectly aware this is a hard subject for many to even speak about. mostly this view comes from ,not knowing,but believing in something.because thats what we grew up with our parents and ancestors believed in it.
Buddhism is NOT a religion. but a way of life you can choose to follow.
if you did not know this.then you probably believe in a God.or several Gods,depending on which religion you believe in.

check it out.and do know that i am not the one who made this video. and the channel is not mine either. i only post it. for knowledge to other people.in LFS community and also other places.

From this video :

Astrology :

This is how small we are wether or not if you believe in universe or the multiverse theory.
and why manmade things and religion means nothing in the wast cosmic scale we live in.
Attached images
religion2.jpg
religion3.jpg
#2 - lfsrm
Very sensitive subject indeed, but I think religion is a much needed moral support for the majority of people ( just how many time did you pray god when you are infront of hardships/difficulties ), if it avoid to people to cramble into depression I say why not, and historically religion directed our societies with many good principles and rules which we inherited to this day.

we can't forget conflicts started because of it, but it's in human nature I guess so it can't be avoided even without religion, and speaking of human nature maybe religion is a part of it too.

As for those video above, I think no one can prove the existence or the inexistance of god, we are mere human after all ^^, those are only clickbait.
#3 - Racon
Always upvote Colonel Bob! Wink
You should move to the US. Any given day in any given bar, religion is a common topic.
Religions are like opinions and we all know what opinions are like.
I dunno which religion is more annoying - Jehovah's Witnesses or Atheists. And don't tell me that nonsense about atheism either... My Grandfather was a Southern Baptist Preacher. A FIRE and BRIMSTONE PREACHER. I know a religious nut when I hear one. Good ol Southern Baptists. Even if you get baptized in the middle of a tent revival, you're still probably going to hell.
Anybody watch the show called Preacher?
Quote from lfsrm :Very sensitive subject indeed, but I think religion is a much needed moral support for the majority of people ( just how many time did you pray god when you are infront of hardships/difficulties ), if it avoid to people to cramble into depression I say why not, and historically religion directed our societies with many good principles and rules which we inherited to this day.

we can't forget conflicts started because of it, but it's in human nature I guess so it can't be avoided even without religion, and speaking of human nature maybe religion is a part of it too.

As for those video above, I think no one can prove the existence or the inexistance of god, we are mere human after all ^^, those are only clickbait.

youre right. and partially wrong too.
history shows us religion is used for making wars. (jihad is oone) but many others have been and probably also will be in the future. Religion is to many ,accurately as you say, in times of depression or just when we need a little support in life, what most people turn too.

being in music has taught me otherwise though.
Religions is also about money and control. and yes society needs that. thats why we have police forexample. so people dont go around killing eachother for nothing.
so yes society needs some form of structure. but when it comes to humans.
all we need is hope. and something to be able to load our feelings into. and thats what youre saying here with depressions and so forth.
but its not the Religion itself that is needed for this.
even its a human need for millions,maybe billions of people.
most people who believe in a god. doesnt believe fully in their own esistance too. they may believe in a afterlife or something else (trying hard here to not step on toes) but its really not the actual religion itself we need. we need confirmation , everything will be okay. and we can continue our lives without grief and sorrows. and that is infact what religions offer to you.
but you could also just go talk to afriend or family member about it. but thats where the human side gets to play in.
we all know with some issues in life. its more easy to tell them to a complete stranger than to those who actually knows you. so you dont loose face to those people knowing you. its a very basic need for humans to have. but it doesnt necessarily have to be religion.

i fully agree with you. most people would need it.
otherwise this thread wouldnt be such a "touchy" subject for billions of people to even talk about.
thats the power of human beliefs you see right there.
i am Pagan myself, but people accept me for being me and i them for being them.meaning. we accept eachother as human beings. as such i usually also speak to people ,from human to human. and thats where it gets fuzzy with religions. because a priest will always tell you GOD is almighty .
but who is god?
we make choices in our lives all the time.sometimes they are good,sometimes less fortunate.but its still ones own choice which you choose.
thats why i often say to people.
we are all our own little gods choosing our paths in life and therefore controlling our own destiny in life. we all heard the phrase. Life is choices.and its also a choice to believe in something wether its religion of you get to be a billionaire in 2 years. if you believe that. well so be it. you wont hear me talk bad about you because of that. but in some religions they have a serious problem understanding (like politicians often do) that not all people share this oppinion or choice that YOU made in YOUR life. i had many debates with both muslims and chritians about this. and mostly they run out arguments before me. because its true. they made this choice. by own free will. i made another forexample. like missionarys of the church. almost FORCING people to believe in their gods. and dont forget it takes a dictator less than 40 years to convince an entire nation, he is god. how the egyptians did it in ancient times. but in recent times we got a fine example from north korea too. they made the entire nation believe in their socalled great leader is somewhat a god to them. and thats what politics do too today. seperating the people into 2 groups of us and them. the peasants and the kings so to speak. but we are all just human beings with an estimated lifespan of 70-80 years. funny enough after their death. a new god suddenly arises. or king or queen. they are ot more human than you and i and they bleed if hurt.that makes them pretty much as you and i.
but if they can convince into thinking they are more then you. (now were over in psychology) they will always have the upper hand towards you. in the same way as people using fear to intimidate others. its actually rather close to eachother. as such. we are infact our own little gods,with the needs of hopes and dreams and purpose in life.which again is actually why work was invented. nobody wants to work(i guess here) but we got used to it over thousands of years.and so we often hear the phrase : its just how it is....
no . its how WE made a choice to make it so.
and thats why we are all in control of how we live our daily lives. i go to churches too. if a priest asks me something i always say to them. i am not christian. but i am still welcome to look at the architecture of the fine craftsmanship most churches are build with. which is also the main reason i go there actually.
but it is a touchy subject because we are not taught in life to think by ourselves anymore. we get influenced by society and today, tv and computers and whatnot. and then the flock animanl humans really are, thinks. well. this is the norm for people to live and do. so they follow what they think is the normal behavior of everyone.
but if you stray from it. youre out of the Flock. and people look down on you, because..youre not normal... and thats very interesting i think.
i had a long chat with some jehova people once8they probably dont come here ever agin), about life and choices. and they run out of words when faced with these facts. so does many muslims and other forms of religions like christianity. because. who is god really?
to me. its you. AND me. individually. im not your god and you are not mine. but you are your god and i am mine.

that i think is why reliogion is such a touchy subject , billions of people would even go to death figthing for that belief. and why the same people. have alot of difficulties understanding what i just wrote here.

(my friends and i toast,by standing up saying, theres one god. then the next stands up saying,theres 2 gods,and so forth). think about it. God Wink

EDIT: being Pagan doesnt mean i believe in some gods in valhal named odin and thor will greet me when i die(again). but the philosophy side of it. i see Odin as having been a very Wise man of his time on planet Earth.however i also see Jesus as a very Wise man on planet Earth. and i also see Muhammed the Prophet as being a very Wise man.and Buddha for that matter.Krishna too. i have read the bible aswell as th Qouran.(truly sorry if i mispelled it,its spelled different in my language). and all of them knew about life through knowledge. Odin once said. a wise man who travels the world and speaks to many people. will know human needs and therefore life. meaning that man is a man people would turn too, in order to understand their own lifes. that is to me. Wise words indeed. and you find simular things in other religions or teachings of life. thats because. life is choices. you can even choose. not to live at all.but if people talk to me about that i would always tell them...hey. i been dead more than once. its pretty damn boring. so why not enjoy the FULL HD experience while youre here anyways right? its a choice. religions is a choice too.people can agree or disagree to this.but fact still remains in the end no matter.its ones own choice.

that how we as kids chose to believe in santa and the easter bunny too.because our parents of who we see alive and kicking,so we beleive they are there right(which they hopefully also are).but they teach us they are real. so we believe them. not IT.we believe our parents no matter how unlikely things they say is .like santa or the easter bunny.later in life most people discover...its not really so,but dad in a suit.keeping it real in that matter.but basically its the same thing with religions.

almost all my friends who had a family member who died turns to me because they know i was dead more than once(4 times). and people have always wondered about what death really is.so they seek comfort and knowledge about it with one they know have been there. whatever people tell you about angels and light is not correct in any way. the brain takes longer time to die than the body. forexample has it been proven that when france used the guillotines to cut peoples heads of.they could see the eyes turn in the cut off heads. when you drown. same things happen. you WILL know youre about to die or already is dead when you drown. because the brain is still trying to awaken your body by sending signals to your nerve system.thats partially why people will tell you they see angels and such. the brain tries to do anything to survive and get the body working again. if you went through your entire life believing in some god or religion. your brain will think this is what is going on.as such the brain supports YOU.and creates images in 3D even,for whatever you believe in the afterlife or death may be. mostly people know angels and therefore angels they see. in some cases what they actually see is the inside of your eyelids, if you go to a hospital after you just had a car accident or other things like it.thats actually your brain waking you up from death.reviving itself again to conciousness. but i can tell you this. death have no sound. no light. no angels or aliens for that matter. its pitchblack and nothing at all. just a wast nothingness. and when you die. youre dead. there is no other side.there is no afterlife.so now you know. Muslims especially have told me they are somewhat afraid of me ,because they see me as a ghost. and i fully can understand their way of thinking.but fact is. the human body will do anything it possibly can to try to make you stay alive.
some people is alive in coma for decades.thats their brain keeping them alive if not some hospittal equipment. so if some day their conciousness return to them. they are able to wake up (recently i read about a girl who woke up) 40 years later. thats the power of suvival we all carry within us.
some make it back ,others never do.but thats how it is to be dead.in case you wondered.
im trying to quit that death thing though.and the 5th time i got a plan of staying down.its pretty unfair to other poeple if i keep coming back right Smile (i meant the last part in fun)

EDIT2: sorry for any mispelled words . i wrote this in freehand straight from the block on top)(my head if you didnt get it).
Quote from Racer Y :I dunno which religion is more annoying - Jehovah's Witnesses or Atheists.

Atheism is not a religion,atheism is denial of gods and any other mythical beings.
Quote from Eclipsed :Atheism is not a religion,atheism is denial of gods and any other mythical beings.

Exactly. but many think its a belief . actually surprisingly many think that.
but not you. you know Smile

EDIT: i often tell people i am atheist because most poeple understand this term.
if i told them i am Pagan. they would go like..what is that?

making me having to explain alot of things for hours. so to make life easier on myself. its way more easy to just say im atheist. but i am infact Pagan. and its also more like a way of life rather than being an actual religion. like buddhism is not a religion. but a life teaching you can CHOOSE to follow the path of in life.its just harder for people to understand with Paganism.mostly because they dont know much about it other than...can you read Runes...and yes...i can both middle and elder Futharks.(Rune alphabets)

(and runes are not magical.its letters put together to form sounds we can speak as words.just like the present alphabets used today.the magic.is the very words used by these letters. the way they are put together.just like words of present day can give you insight and therefore knowledge)that in itself is magical humans can do that as the only species we know of.(well some monkey species and dolphins can tell different signs or symbols too.even parrots can do that.so maybe we are not so smart afterall as a species. but like in religions. we tend to THINK we are smarter than anyone else.as we also see in politics at times...
#8 - lfsrm
Too bad i'm not well versed into English to debate properly, the only thing that I can say is only the dead can answer some of our crucial questions, meanwhile believing in superior existance is fine as long as you don't force it into others.

The thing that Christians and Muslims (especially Muslims) can't understand is you can't convince someone to follow your believes by forcing them, living an honorable life by practicing your religion and giving good exemple of how it can benefits our societies it's the best way to convince people of the necessity of it.

Btw modern Islamic terrorisme (yes I am bringing this into the subject because it's mostly the only manifestation of religious violence in our modern era) is just an excuse for violent people to justify their free act of killing , instrumentalized by few middle east monarchy/republics as a weapon of pressuring other country, because jihad as a word was meant originally for full scale war in old fashioned way facing the enemy army to defend our lands from agressions or to invade oppressed country to delivers them from their "suffering" ( heh that's just like our modern USA !), and not cowardly killing innocent as it's heavily punished by god (hell), as I always said a religion cannot survive 1400+ years if it was only formed of violence and agression.

Pagan is not atheism, if I remember every form of believes before the monotheism was named paganism, atheism is like what @Eclipsed said, it's the refusal in believing in any form of superior existence.

Anyway we will get our answer when we are really dead.
Quote from lfsrm :Too bad i'm not well versed into English to debate properly, the only thing that I can say is only the dead can answer some of our crucial questions, meanwhile believing in superior existance is fine as long as you don't force it into others.

The thing that Christians and Muslims (especially Muslims) can't understand is you can't convince someone to follow your believes by forcing them, living an honorable life by practicing your religion and giving good exemple of how it can benefits our societies it's the best way to convince people of the necessity of it.

Btw modern Islamic terrorisme (yes I am bringing this into the subject because it's mostly the only manifestation of religious violence in our modern era) is just an excuse for violent people to justify their free act of killing , instrumentalized by few middle east monarchy/republics as a weapon of pressuring other country, because jihad as a word was meant originally for full scale war in old fashioned way facing the enemy army to defend our lands from agressions or to invade oppressed country to delivers them for their "suffering" ( heh that's just like our modern USA !), and not cowardly killing innocent as it's heavily punished by god (hell), as I always said a religion cannot survive 1400+ years if it was only formed of violence and agression.

Pagan is not atheism, if I remember every form of believes before the monotheism was named paganism, atheism is like what @Eclipsed said, it's the refusal in believing in any form of superior existence.

Anyway we will get our answer when we are really dead.

its by far not ONLY Muslim who did that. as you also say, its America today. however thats exactly also what christians did during the middle ages. believe in our god or get beheaded or hung to show all others what happens if you dont. i call that FORCING a belief into people,im gonna have to say. and their warriors of god was infact the knights templars. and if you look at it. its not THAT different from what we see today going on in the middle east, but also Putin (Russia) is FORCING himself into Crimea and other places,and USA do the same thing. mostly in trading markets. but its still the same thing. what did Trump say to the EU about trading??? thing is people in politics are scared to divert from the norm (that flock animal again) and as such they do nothing about it. i cant help to wonder how long trump and Putin would have survived in the dark ages. honestly. i dont think very long . and crying for god in order to kill other people. is just nuts. it has nothing to do with god but the feebleminded individual in control.no matter what age or era we speak of. (pic in post one about being delusional). and people are naive. we cant see away from the fact. even the Egyptian empire had to face that with Rome and for that they parished. so yes. its in Human nature to hunt and kill. but the Quran and the Bible too, have both good and bad in them. it is always in the eyes of the reader how you interpret those things. and to be honest. many does get delusional from reading these books for the simple fact they do not know life. or know how to live their life´s. as such we Humans tend to go to whatever we know ,may be able to help us getting through life,one way or another. same kind of thing as to when people come to someone like me who was dead ,in times of loss of someone they loved. again its a very touchy subject. and most people do not even want to hear about it look into the very facts written (in those books) or history. thats why we got this thing called :
History repeating itself over and over again.
because people dont want to know the facts that actually are the facts to get us to move on with Humanity and therefore our species. we seen it for millenia. and we always end up with lost civilization going under ,mostly during wars we(humans) created amongst ourselves.
we keep eating of the apple we were told not to eat from in the garden of eden.
and thats the main issue Humanity got today and have got throughout History aswell.
we call it greed. in my country Denmark we got the unwritten "Jantelov" that say : No man should stick his head above others, because everyone is Equal.
but the entire world does that. how would the world look if that was LAW and you got electric chair or simular for breaking it. ? that alone would make the entire world different. better? perhaps not, because people would always break rules. and why is that? many go like ,rules are meant to be broken. but you dont hear that phrase about LAWS. those people understand is "how it is". but rules are okay to be broken. and that i explained elsewhere recently . there is a difference between rules and laws.
in the bible aswell as the quran i can read how the good people would view them. but i can also see the cryptic messages being interpreted in ones own mind by a reader. and lets just agree. not all Humans have a objective view of how the world works and should work. so its far from every priest ,shaman, or Rabbi that interpret them as they were meant to be. as such we also see conspiracy people today ,finding out things. not really there, but only in their own heads. to me. thats your own head playing tricks on you before you get delusional. if you keep on doing it. you might get to the next level. of craziness. because thats what is. just crazy. and when i hear form both christian priests and rabbi´s of the islamic world speak in mosques or churches. i often go like...dude.. the mental hospital is that way. maybe you should try that.atleast forawhile. its not words of god. its their words interpreted by a book they call god. well written books too,i have to admit. but what they really are, is a philosophy . and we all know how difficult that can be for a normal person to understand. in general. so having someone saying . this is the words of god is just totally far out.

youre smart person Lfsrm. i think you got a good worldview. and being brave enough to speak about thse things makes you just a little bit more cool ,to me. you do great with english. and i am not going to held it to you if any speling mistakes. its the full i look at. and i do get your meaning. which is also the fact by letters in history. you may not know the exact words perfectly. but if you can use other words to get your message out. then people also understand it. for the same reason i often try to help people who dont write or speak much english in LFS on servers. but i am also limited for some languages ,so at times i must see them log of without me being able to explain to them how a server works. so its good to see you write here. and bringing up subjects too. i think thats more brave than all those just sitting and reading, thinking what a load of crap or whatever. but they do not dare to engage the conversation. which i find somewhat interestingly funny somehow.

you got your head on straight. im sure of that lfsrm Smile

yes Paganism is not atheist. and its very old indeed. actually i think its some of the first beliefs mankind ever had. it was used in prior times often by shamans. and shamans have been around for longer than any other belief or reliogion on Earth. Shamanism/Paganism. it even sounds close to eachother. the first instruments man made. could have been used in shamanic rituals. there has in recent years been found a grave around 1km inside a earth cave. it is believed it is around 800.000 years aold. but what puzzled scientists is. there is evidence of rituals made inside that cave.
i believe that to have been shamanic rituals.but it is my own theory.but a very possible one at that.
shamans is found in all cultures worldwide !

EDIT:
the biggest religion today is simply called :
MONEY
it is not really Death itself Humans fear. but the way you die you should fear.will it be quick? or will you suffer for hours ,days,months,or even years. thats what people really fear when they say they fear death.but its not death itself!and at some point. we do all go that way.

which is the only thing you can be totally sure of in life !
Wow. Didn't get the joke about atheism.... I'm guessin the crack about religions being like opinions wasn't caught either?
If you ever heard an atheist all wound up as well as some guy in a polyester suit with slicked back hair, you really wouldn't notice a difference. And with some of those atheists, you contradict them and they'll speak in tongues faster than any blue haired church lady you can think of.

Me? I prefer to be an atheist that believes in God. Evolution? Big bang theories? They are something I believe in. Personally, I'm becoming fascinated with what the "missing link" between plants evolving into animals, or the common ancestor between the two. But all that scientific mumbo-jumbo just attempts to explain the mechanics of it all. The how, not the how come.
Religions themselves? The religions aren't bad. It's how they're interpreted by the believers that seem to be the problem.
--- This Sucks. Usually in conversations like this, I'm on my fourth Gin and tonic and some song I hadn't heard in forever plays on the jukebox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhGqugHuAyQ
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :Death ... which is the only thing you can be totally sure of in life !

The first immortal human is probably already alive, IMHO, whether that's because of nano-mechanics maintaining this meatsack thing we've got going, or escaping the meatsack entirely and just running the data contained in it.
Thanks for your kind words @THE WIZARD DK Smile, discussion is the only way to improve one's language skills, Thanks god sociale network didn't ate up all of our favorite forums as I tend to consider FB and such like a retardation tool, especially the way it is used in my country.

I agree that physical pain is the most feared thing when you speak to someone about death, but I think sometimes you can cross people who will tell you that they fear death not because of the pain, but for various reason like the fear of punishment if he's into religion, sometimes it's interesting to hear ambitious people talk about death, in general their fear are not related to the moment of agony or the afterlife, it's all about loosing sight of their objectives in life, those tend to worship money more than everyone (not the general rule tho).

I will be very straightforward, I hate religious extremism as we were the first in my country to suffer from it in the nineties, nothing good come from them but only destruction, maybe experiencing the real thing make me the way I am right now, but do we have to live it to understand?
Quote from Racer Y :I prefer to be an atheist that believes in God.

I suppose that's a joke too... Big Eye
Quote from Racer Y :I'm becoming fascinated with what the "missing link" between plants evolving into animals

Uh-hu there is no animals species that evolved from plants as far as we know, or am I missing something ? Petals
there is infact a missing link.

when its not so late here (im tired) i will try to find the video showing the actualy missing link.

it reminds of the australien duck animal in some ways actually. you know the weird looking animal with a beak on the snout but its not a bird. more like an odder(maybe spelled wrong)

i wouldnt say it came from plants. but bacteria in the sea ,made plants in the sea, and when flora started to grow on the ground, one specific animal developed from being a fish with fins. into legs which over millions of years evolved into animals on land as we know them today...

Quote from lfsrm :Thanks for your kind words @THE WIZARD DK Smile, discussion is the only way to improve one's language skills, Thanks god sociale network didn't ate up all of our favorite forums as I tend to consider FB and such like a retardation tool, especially the way it is used in my country.

I agree that physical pain is the most feared thing when you speak to someone about death, but I think sometimes you can cross people who will tell you that they fear death not because of the pain, but for various reason like the fear of punishment if he's into religion, sometimes it's interesting to hear ambitious people talk about death, in general their fear are not related to the moment of agony or the afterlife, it's all about loosing sight of their objectives in life, those tend to worship money more than everyone (not the general rule tho).

I will be very straightforward, I hate religious extremism as we were the first in my country to suffer from it in the nineties, nothing good come from them but only destruction, maybe experiencing the real thing make me the way I am right now, but do we have to live it to understand?

you are welcome Smile
quite funny. i was just thinking about when people attack other people. they always take their money or threatnening people with fear to make them pay money,right. thats actually a delusional thing to do. because money is not even money. well not anymore. its currency and worthless. money is stated as to only be gold or silver or in the form of precious stones like diamonds. but coins and paper.thats just currency. not really money. which makes it kind of funny aswell people are chasing them.

i knew this rich person once. always talking about how much money he have and what he bought. so he invited me to his house,probably to brag ,which he also did. telling me this and that about things he bought. and he knew the prices of everything in the house. so he got a vase with flowers in it. and i asked him. how much was the flowers. he then sort of threw out into the blue , i dunno,thats the maid who buys them. meaning. the simplest natural thing he had in his rich house. he didnt know the price of.. i find that quite funny. but he was too much to listen too really why i also discarded him as friend,and havent spoken to him since. flowers dont give you status in life. money does. all he knew..but i found the only thing in his own braggy bling bling house. he couldnt tell me the price of Smile

i gotta zzzz
Quote from Eclipsed :I suppose that's a joke too... Big Eye

uhh...... not really. Just at a loss how to explain my beliefs in a way that wouldn't be boring or confusing as hell. Leave it at that and it all seems to work.

@lsfrm:
Well we started somewhere. If we evolved separately from plants, I imagine seeing that we're both carbon based and all, there's a connection somewhere. It would probably be a multi-celled organism if we evolved from plants, but maybe the same if not. I'm thinking it would be something along the lines of anemones and sea urchins and barnacles.
TBH, it's gonna be a while before I find time to sit through a 10-minute video for an answer to a 10-word point. Certainly not from work, or indeed from home on LFS Bangers league night. What's the gist? Wink
It'a an old SNL skit.
Quote from Racer Y :It'a an old SNL skit.

maybe watch this :

***YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY THE POSTER***

Big grin

PS: if you do anyways, atleast give yourself the credit to Haggle for it Big grin

that animal i meant above :

back on topic! this could indeed have been the great flood the world is talking about in the bible and other religious books.

the zodiac will change soon. that means a new ERA for all of mankind. and its infact what religions is talking about in the end.

EDIT:
Spooky thought.
what if, the flood moses speak of in the bible was infact the ice age. and the second flood. the second ice age. seen in astrological terms.in between the 2, mankind forgot time..so our history is wrong , time scale wise.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG