The online racing simulator
What are LFS plans for future?
(5 posts, started )
Hello there.

I just got back into this game and i wonder what are devs plans for future? It seem they wroking on graphic and phisic now. But what about new cars and customization options?
Changing body accesories, rims would be awesome. (Mods seem like big evil, nono and most are long abandoned/outdated).
Making your car more personalized its always good!
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1941005#post1941005

Quote from Scawen :I keep getting that question.

It somehow seems a bit of an annoying question, because it is quite obvious that many of the cars need to be updated (have a look at the RB4 for the most extreme example) but we are on the tracks at the moment. There is only one Eric. He does one thing and then another. Not both at the same time. It is obvious that he would not have failed to notice that the cars and drivers could do with an update.

What I do keep saying, every time I get this question, is that the tracks MUST be updated before we can do a release of the new graphical system, because with the new system, the graphics and shadows are broken unless the tracks are updated. So if we released now, you would have a game full of bugs. But the cars are no worse than they were before. Therefore they do not stop us doing a release.

This means, the cars have a lower priority than the tracks. There is no reason to delay the release by several more months in order to update all the cars. It is a separate subject, though it is quite obvious that they need an update.

The cars are still perfectly well driveable even though they are low-poly. But tbh, buy S2 and you'll still have entertainment since you've only driven 3 of the 20 cars available Big grin
Quote from nikopdr :https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1941005#post1941005

The cars are still perfectly well driveable even though they are low-poly. But tbh, buy S2 and you'll still have entertainment since you've only driven 3 of the 20 cars available Big grin

Ok so ONE guy is doing all the work. Thats unsettling. Development exist but its slow becasue one guy is working on everything.

I dont mind low poly graphic if i can personalize (-by personalize i mean visual tunning) my ride.

If in S2 i owuld have some rims and visual packs i would buy it - i dont need many cars.
If this game would be open for modding i would buy bigest pack just to support development like i do for ETS2.
Actually 2 guys are doing all the work - one of them codes,the other does the graphics stuff. And of course there's the 3rd guy,who does all the web related stuff like website,forum and lfsw.
And they have made this far without employing any others - still better sim than from some multimillion dollar companies.
#5 - aolas
This guy's make very good sim, but the progress is slow, understandable. I bought the sim only for one reason to compare to today Race Sims. My opinion is this: sim still hold a good top place,it would be nice to have a good AI for solo play, multiplayer 90% drift Frown So when you want support the dev's give them your 15 bucks, but when you want modern sim with a real active racing community go for "something" else.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG