The online racing simulator
Engine problems
(8 posts, started )
Engine problems
For e.g. if you over rev the engine it blows ( doesnt start up ). And it should be fixable in pits ( cluch aswell please Smile )
There is revlimiter on every car, but it doesnt prevent from over-revving engine when you downshift too poorly and it damages engine pernamently (if you do it hard enough your engine wont turn on anymore).
If you give time, your clutch will cool off
I think this is just a great feature in lfs Smile

I a real car when to much engine or clutch problems they also retire from race Smile

This is a very nice feature in lfs. Just take care off your car LFS

Maybe ad feature to ad random spontanious problems Taped Shut
Quote from RC-Maus :Maybe ad feature to ad random spontanious problems Taped Shut

No way! It's simracing and we already have various spontanious problems - like network failure or PC/wheelset failure. Or in some cases an angry wife turning off power because her husband sits at PC too long. Big grin It would be unfair if someone would be forced to retire from hard race he leads due software calculating that it's time for the 0.01% possibility that the car breaks down.

Also I recall reading Scawen stating that there won't be random car failures,so I believe we're safe here.
Yeah random failure sucks enough in real-life. At least if implemented it should be optional in the server setting.

A thing that might be improved is the gearbox simulation. We can downgrade from the top gear to the 2nd in a second with any car and it doesn't feel realistic. With the BF1 it seems more acceptable but with an XFG it feels out of touch with reality. Also, I would love if we could blow the engine while downshifting too fast. I find LFS way too forgiving with engine beating.
A huge boom with a cloud of smoke coming out of your hood, now that would make some replay values! Big grin

As for the clutch, I like that we can overheat it and if careful enough, it cools down after a while. Taking care of the car is such an overlooked part of most sim-racing games.
Quote :And it should be fixable in pits ( cluch aswell please)

have you ever changed clutch? how it is doable in pits (time-wise)?
do you assume you have breaked-in spare clutch waiting for you in pits, also balanced with flywheel (and maybe crankshaft) beforehand?

ask yourself these questions and same for the engine )
#7 - lucaf
Quote from yabloko :have you ever changed clutch?

you don't change it, you just wait until it cools down (you can see heat level in F9 mode)

I would like to see gearbox problems if driver sucks with gear changing. This is of course more difficult to implement as long as we have automatic clutch possibility.
I'm pretty sure he meant changing clutch in real life as comparision how difficult and time consuming process it is.

Engine problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG