The online racing simulator
Convert mpr to spr/Open online record in hotlap analyzer.
Hi, I've just see you got this awesome analyzer but I can't figure out how to use it to analyze my own laps.
I understand that you should upload some hotlap in hotlaps>hotlap charts>choose file and upload but I see that records are not saved in spr format. The only spr I have is that downloaded form "Online racer stats" best lap but it's not accepted because I didn't have the account name in game. How I can see any of my lap in hotlap analyzer?
Also why there are different formats for single and multiplayer? How they differ and why the game don't recommend to save online replays automatically? Those mprs look nicer - file sizes are smaller and rewinding works almost instantly which is not the case in spr where slow rewinding makes it practically useless...

Thank you for any help Smile
U only can upload clean laps made in Hotlap mode LFS (spr's)

I have no problems rewinding with spr's or mpr's (it takes longer when file bigger the longer your recording the bigger file)

And to me it's obvious not to recommend auto save becourse growing data (but I have auto save on Smile and my mpr map is now arround 14 GB time to delete Smile )
Offtopic a bit: What kind of analyzer are you guys talking about? I thought the analyzer at lfsworld.net/rafa was turned off along with the Remote since the ddos party. Because rafa only shows a blank page for me, just like Remote Uhmm
Quote :Also why there are different formats for single and multiplayer?

Singleplayer replays are more accurate. The car's movement is saved excactly as it happend, that is important for the hotlap validation. In multiplayer replays the paths of the cars are a bit "compressed", because clients only send their car position a few times per second. (Would be too much traffic to send car position dozen or hundred times per second)
That is smooth enough for online racing but for the hotlap validation it needs to be more accurate, for example to decide if a wall was touched or missed by 1mm.

Most popular usecase for singleplayer replays is probably hotlaps, there you only have a few laps per replay and the slower rewinding does not matter so much.

ps:
There is also this unofficial analyzer for multiplayer races:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/85079
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Offtopic a bit: What kind of analyzer are you guys talking about? I thought the analyzer at lfsworld.net/rafa was turned off along with the Remote since the ddos party. Because rafa only shows a blank page for me, just like Remote Uhmm

Rafa works for me
Oh OK, that's strange.
Edit: Never mind, reinstalled Flash and it works now.
Thank you all for response. I understand that you need more data if you want to be accurate but If a multiplayer replay plays fine for me then it should be also enough data for me to analyze, especially if you are a noob and have +3s lap times. I would just like to get general look on where/what I should improve. It would be nice to just pick any lap from any previous race and drop it in the analyzer but I understand that is not possible... :|

lfsworld.net/rafa is not working if I open a link but it works if I click a hotlap analyzer icon in https://www.lfsworld.net/
Also this is done in flash so you need to enable it it a browser. Some browser don't support flash anymore.

A few gigs of replays is not a big concern but I thought maybe there is some other reason it's not recommended for auto-record, like more lag or something...
For me rafa in ie works half, edge not at all but in chrome it works for me Smile

btw spectating the fastest guys helps also a lot + decent setup
don't know if u found out sending and receiving setups in game.
if not this is a good place to start https://www.lfs.net/files

I now see u just started good luck Thumbs up

Remember most players allready play for years Wink
Quote from Audionysos :Thank you all for response. I understand that you need more data if you want to be accurate but If a multiplayer replay plays fine for me then it should be also enough data for me to analyze, especially if you are a noob and have +3s lap times. I would just like to get general look on where/what I should improve. It would be nice to just pick any lap from any previous race and drop it in the analyzer but I understand that is not possible... :|

What LFS could do is save your own car ina .spr at the same time it records the .mpr as it does now.

You would get the best of both worlds. Getting the .spr lever of detail from everyone in real time might not be really feasible.
Quote from Gutholz :Singleplayer replays are more accurate. The car's movement is saved excactly as it happend, that is important for the hotlap validation. In multiplayer replays the paths of the cars are a bit "compressed", because clients only send their car position a few times per second. (Would be too much traffic to send car position dozen or hundred times per second)
That is smooth enough for online racing but for the hotlap validation it needs to be more accurate, for example to decide if a wall was touched or missed by 1mm.

Most popular usecase for singleplayer replays is probably hotlaps, there you only have a few laps per replay and the slower rewinding does not matter so much.

ps:
There is also this unofficial analyzer for multiplayer races:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/85079

Going OT a bit to respond to your sp/mp info,

I've always wondered why LFS uses less accurate netcoding/path reading for cars.
Its not that apparent with someone having 50 ping or less, but anything above 100 and a opponents driving gets jittery (i.e car flicks left to right and skips a "frame", it seems).

Why has there not been an update to better the vehicle path/coding to rival something like iR or the Codies F1 franchise-type of netcode? The car reactions there are much smoother and don't jitter as often, almost as if the system predicts movement, or the position reading is much better. Although with very laggy people the cars tend to "float and glide", but even that is better than having an <example> Turk with 600 ping suddenly jitter and flick you into obvlion down a straight.

Would love to see more precise or compound path vectoring/netcoding for mp cars. Multiplayer especially in demo suffers from this the most, with less accurate drivers, laggier people, or people using KB. Especially a KB user with 400 ping. Not nice. Also seems that LFS likes to overcompensate car positions with laggy people. Which is observed when a car keeps flicking left to right as the driver makes *tiny* steering adjustments.

Anyone have an explaination as to why we're still stuck with this jittery netcoding system? (No hard feelings, just want to know why haha)

Cheers
Quote from MicroSpecV :Also seems that LFS likes to overcompensate car positions with laggy people. Which is observed when a car keeps flicking left to right as the driver makes *tiny* steering adjustments.

Anyone have an explaination as to why we're still stuck with this jittery netcoding system? (No hard feelings, just want to know why haha)

LFS just simulates the car with exactly the input it had at the last position update. If that input was a momentary hard steer to correct (or standard kb steering stab!), all the other player's LFSs will be simulating that hard steer until the next update, even if the player stopped steering the instant the position info was sent to everyone else. The jumps are the car being reset to the real data in the next update, so the amount of jump is the difference in what the car did between updates with real input and what our LFS clients guessed it would do with static input.

I've not done any multiplayer on any other sim, but from the videos I've seen the other car's movements don't look right. I don't know what's going on, but it looks like they're smoothing this jump from expected to actual position. It breaks immersion totally for me though, in a "hovercrafty bullshit!" kind of way that the abrupt jump doesn't. YMMV! Wink
Yup, but I'd rather have a hovercraft and gradual movement rather than unexpected jumps. At least with the hovering/smoother netcode in iR or Codies you at most get sideswiped or pushed off.

In LFS if you attempt to run alongside a laggy car or KB tapper, and he makes one (longer than usual) press, you're dead instantly.

Meh.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG