#@!! Arachnaphobia - this means War!
(5 posts, started )
If you ever thought Brown Recluse spiders make for great companion animals, then guess again.
Attached images
IMG_0673.JPG
ouch !
If I posted a photo of what it looks like now, I'd get banned for putting up offensive content. As far as pain goes? Imagine catching your finger on fire and putting it out with a hammer. LOL It sorta looks like that now. The bite was a week old in the photo. I have at least another two weeks to go. Brown recluses are some nasty spiders.

Time to look at immigrating,the above map may help. Pro Tip: Avoid Australia.

Meanwhile, in NZ, "Although it is extremely rare and very few New Zealanders have ever seen one, the Katipo spider is the closest thing New Zealand has to a dangerous insect. Apparently, it bites but the chances of you encountering one are very slim. The katipo is black with a red stripe on its back, and it's about the size of a pea. Although its venom is not lethal, the area could get infected and you should immediately seek medical help if bitten."

And our Ministry of Health's advice....

Catch the culprit
With all suspected spider bites it is important to know which spider may have been responsible. Try to capture the spider without endangering anybody and take it to the doctor or hospital with you, or describe it carefully for identification.

With suspect spiders:
approach with caution – do not handle
you may wish to use a fly spray that claims to be effective on spiders to stun the spider before killing it and/or placing it in a sealed jar.

Yup, in NZ even spiders are considered innocent till proven guilty.
less than 10 sounds good to me Big grin

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG