The online racing simulator
The real LX6
(7 posts, started )
The real LX6
So I know the LX cars are based on the Lotus Super Seven, but there was never an i6 version... My search begun to find a cool representation of the car.

I was soon brought to a couple Locost 7 projects that had an inline 6 and I figured I would share them here:

I also found this Wankle powered Locost:

The LX6 has a very small inline-6, that comes quite close but the jaguar engine has twice the displacement compared to the 1800cc of the LX6. I also doubt there are many counterparts for an engine as small as that, Mazda's 1.8 V6 comes close but then again it's in a V-shape and offers less power and torque.

I like to think that the LX cars were designed after Westfield's Super Seven(after someone pointed it out here, well, about 10ish years ago), as the body style is really similar. They don't offer any options with inline sixes, though.

The similarity compared to the LX class is astounding, though.
#3 - Racon
The Lotus/Caterham are even closer: Westfield's 7 is a knock-off of Caterham's, but the Caterham is a direct descendant of the Lotus 7.
Quote from Racon :The Lotus/Caterham are even closer: Westfield's 7 is a knock-off of Caterham's, but the Caterham is a direct descendant of the Lotus 7.

That's correct, but Caterhams don't share the same "notched" lining on the bonnet as the Westfield and LX does.

But after all it's just a fictive car, so it can be based off of 2 or more cars Tongue
I already had down that the design was basically a Lotus 7. The issue is, as you said, there are no i6 versions.

Those two vids are the two that I have seen that have an i6 engine...

After more research though, it would be more realistic to put an i6 bike engine in it such as the one found in the Honda CBX: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBX

The real LX6
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG