The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :...we plan to show some images...

Thumbs up
Great to have some feedback!

The issue some of us had connecting to LFS sites a few weeks a go, was it something related to some testing that, perhaps, you were doing or was it just some general internet problem?

Tnx!
-
(FreeScirocco) DELETED by Scawen : unpleasant / pointless / spam
Quote from sermilan :The issue some of us had connecting to LFS sites a few weeks a go, was it something related to some testing that, perhaps, you were doing or was it just some general internet problem?

I don't know if it was a problem with our site or how it goes through Cloudflare. I just left it to Victor. I supposed it was a setting he changed that fixed the problem, but I didn't ask him for further details.
Quote from Scawen :
A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

Oooooo exciting! Smile Map updates for LFS feels better than christmas
im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but, how many people are working on LFS at the moment.

I'm very excited for the new updates Wink
Quote from krakilin12 :im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but, how many people are working on LFS at the moment.

I'm very excited for the new updates Wink

Scawen is the developer and Eric is the graphics artist.
So two people are working on LFS.
The whole team has 3 people, since Victor is the one doing the technical side of things (website, forum, etc.)
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Scawen is the developer and Eric is the graphics artist.
So two people are working on LFS.
The whole team has 3 people, since Victor is the one doing the technical side of things (website, forum, etc.)

Thanks for the reply, that seems to be a very small Dev team.
I suppose they don't have more so to keep employment costs at a low.
Very impressive what a 3 member Dev team did over these years
Do not forget Geraldine Wink
Quote from krakilin12 :Thanks for the reply, that seems to be a very small Dev team.
I suppose they don't have more so to keep employment costs at a low.
Very impressive what a 3 member Dev team did over these years

This information is published on the website too.
https://www.lfs.net/about
Will Scirocco and tyre physics come with this version update ?
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :Will Scirocco and tyre physics come with this version update ?

obviously not.
I guess we would have some test patch related to tire physics change before considering a release ^^
Unless Scawen would be 100% sure everything is right and without flaws Wink
No tyre phisycs, even VWS... They conformed that in twitter! :\
" we plan to show some images of the new track updates "

I start already to savd money for a new F5 button

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5..........Thumbs up
Quote from crazyboy232 :No tyre phisycs, even VWS... They conformed that in twitter! :\

And now it is postboned Big grin

But seriously, I am getting old here - just turned 34 omg.. If so I bet Scawen is grey grandpa already Wink
Quote :We plan to release version 0.6S this weekend.

I am surprised S letter is chosen : upcoming test patches will be called 0.6S1, 0.6S2 ... I fear a great confusion in the mind of some people to come Na-na
Hello Scawen first I wanted to thank you for showing that LFS is alive and that's a good sign because this simulator is one of the best that exists in physical terms.
I admire your work and it has been a real work!

But I'd like to ask for a little more bet on the SimRacing activity, to focus on like the old days.
For example why there is not an officially LFS world championship?
try to further promote this simulator and make it grow little more.

I'm not against cruise usage on LFS, but this has moved the real SimFacers from LFS to other simulators, I think it would be good to show that LFS is alive and it has a lot to give.

It would be nice to be able to have new tracks (even if they are Blackwood type for example) plus new cars (for example having RB4 GTR version, I think it would be interesting).

A bet on Rallys for example, which now community of Rallys in the LFS has evolved, why not make a Rallycross rally (in the style of the rallycross world championship tracks with Joker Lap).
I think it's important for LFS to evolve (I'm not talking graphically because the idea they're having right now is very good) I speak in part of the competition and go back to being the LFS I was before
Sorry for my bad english =(
I'm first online today at FM with r22 but while spectating I miss the time difference between the racers at all sectors.

Edit: checked replay made on R21 yesterday and all seems fine (don't know why FM server verion R fox didn't show it to me tonight)
Edit2: other servers seems also fine
Quote from Scawen :
A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

Hi Scawen... first of all, thanks for all the work you´ve been doing so far... really appreciated... now, may I ask a question just for the sake of curiosity? Does this new graphic system with specular lighting will migrate from DX9 to a higher one? Sorry if I missed that or if it is a stupid question, but I can´t help but asking... Thanks in advance Smile
Quote from Silvio Tavares :Hi Scawen... first of all, thanks for all the work you´ve been doing so far... really appreciated... now, may I ask a question just for the sake of curiosity? Does this new graphic system with specular lighting will migrate from DX9 to a higher one? Sorry if I missed that or if it is a stupid question, but I can´t help but asking... Thanks in advance Smile

I'm not an expert on this topic, but as far as I can remember, we are still not using a LOT of DX9 features and far from using all the benefits DX9 offers. Smile
The new system (which we are not releasing in the next update) still uses DX9 but has moved up to shader model 3.
Quote from MandulAA :I'm not an expert on this topic, but as far as I can remember, we are still not using a LOT of DX9 features and far from using all the benefits DX9 offers. Smile

Quote from Scawen :The new system (which we are not releasing in the next update) still uses DX9 but has moved up to shader model 3.

Brilliant Smile actually, we love DX9 nowadays coz it´s so smooooooth! No sim flows as smooth and immersive as lfs in my experience... yet looks great for my standards too.. much better than other DX11 candy eye options out there at 40fps with 15 cars on grid... also often you have to turn down the settings so much to get a decent online game play at times that it ends up looking like Atari stuff.. that of course in a modest machine such as mine...

anyway, was just curious... thanks for the answers. Looking forward for the new realeases Smile
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG