Forum registration
(7 posts, started )
#1 - delis
Forum registration
As I'm starting to see more and more spam on forum, I would like to make a suggestion that you cannot make a forum account if you have not driven a significant mileage (example 100km) online (for demo) or bought the game which guarantees that you won't be making pointless spam of anything here (although there are some who still are). As the spammers won't be much willing to download this game to drive around for 100km so they could spam anything here... What's to say against it?
I agree with this one
Requirement of joining an online server at least once should weed out all spambots and 99% spammers.
Well, a downside of that is someone who's having trouble downloading, installing or using LFS the first time will not be able to post their issues.

Yes, I know you can contact the devs via the web page or use the search function to sort out whatever the issue that they've got.

How about restricted access instead? Limit areas of the forum that a new users can post in - they need to drive x km online / upload a hot lap etc to obtain access to all public areas.

Until then they can only post in a dedicate sub forum?
#5 - delis
Well the LFS is well enough optimized to run on almost anything and it's pretty easy to install too as it has an installer. There could be a page how to run and install the game properly on game download page or similar.

I would be against sub forums, as it defeats the purpose of stopping the spambots of posting anything on forum.

Quote from Eclipsed :Requirement of joining an online server at least once should weed out all spambots and 99% spammers.

I would still stick to that you would need to drive online for forum access, as you can easily make your own server and join at the same time, as it would be too quick and easy access to forum in my opinion.
#6 - lucaf
On some forums I have seen the restriction that a new user cannot insert hyperlinks in his post
Or certain words or email addresses yes.. I think Victor has enough knowledge to battle this, no worries.

Forum registration
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG