The online racing simulator
LFS always closes
(15 posts, started )
LFS always closes
Ahh.. Im really tired because of this problem and I have smashed my keyboard i don't know why..
Nevermind. There is no problem when I entered the game and drive my car, but almost 5min later my game close down itself. It says that ''LFS.exe has stopped working''. I searched it a lot, I found somethings and I
tried them but nothing happened.. It says the same thing again. I play this game almost 1 week and there was no problem. It started to crash midnight of yesterday.

Please, help because I really like this game and play with my friend. It is all about drifting.
#2 - lucaf
what hardware you have?
Intel Core i7-3700CPU 3.40GHz 3.90GHZ, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 420
#4 - lucaf
doesnt sound like HW is bottlenecking. Have you installed any add-ins?
Yes, before the problem has started I was playing a game(won't give the name may be its forbidden. i didn't read the rules.) and my FPS isn't good. I downloaded somethings and I did some changing. I thought the problem derives from this things and I changed them default but again nothing happnened.
#6 - lucaf
I think also... If you lucky you can use windows system restore to restore your system in exactly that situation it was before installing this fun stuff
I tried to restore my system and I couldn't.. at the first time it said that ''you can't restore your system because of some virus guarding programs try to close them''. I was using McAffe and it already wasn't working. I tried to delete it but it was imposibble.. I spent 2 hours and finally I deleted it and started to restore my system again. But, it didn't work again.. says same thing............
Ahh..
I am gonna mad now I was trying to play game and I played 20min but again it closed down itselfs.
What exactly did you download?
Assume working now as forum shows you online at 'Red Garage'
Yes. I clearly play the game now. I was using Tweak and I had a 2300cc setup. When I load that setup and drive the car my game had crashed. I changed the setup and I can play the game now. I used to play with 2300cc setup but there was no problem. Nmv it is working now. Thanks for everything.
Have nice time with demo game and stay away from tweaks Smile if you feel, would be nice if you contribute something to Devs...with S1 license you would get much fun!
Yes I know and thank you a lot because of your help. And ye, I and my friend'll buy S1 or S2 license for much fun. We really liked this game.
** Best answer **
Any tweaking of LFS internals is not officially supported (on contrary, it is strongly discouraged, as the game is not near final stage, and its internals are expected to change a lot, so all the unofficial mods will break sooner or later, only the "insim" thing is somewhat stable, and even that gets occasional modifications and the older scripts like Airio/etc are now not 100% compatible).

So if you have problems like this, always install clean LFS from the official site (like into second folder, you can keep your problematic one intact), and try first to replicate your problem with clean install.

If it works well, it's probably in the modified things - if you are really bored, you may try to add slowly one by one to clean install and check for the problem each time, then report to the mod author.... but the LFS devs don't care about mods breaking game, actually that's the very reason why they don't support them officially yet, because they are sure they will break them in the future.
Tweaks =/= Mods.

In LFS terms, teaks are memory modifiers and mods are things that actually change the game files.
BeNoM: I'm a programmer, for me there's no difference between tweaker and mod, both are modifying original data provided by developer, and into places where the developers didn't expect it, nor promised to kept that places same in the future. Your difference is only about injection time (file at load vs memory at runtime), which is completely irrelevant from the programming point of view. Maybe it makes huge difference from the point of modders... ? ... anyway, it's the same thing in both cases.

LFS always closes
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG