The online racing simulator
LFS not responding when I pit
(10 posts, started )
I have this issue. Installed a fresh LFS on an old computer.
Everything works fine, until I go from track to pit. It might work once.
But on the second pit(shift+p), my screen freezes, it goes blue(I can see only pit background colour)
When I retab LFS, it goes black screen and LFS.exe process is not responding.. Any ideas?
#2 - lucaf
Can be similar to this or that? When you mention "old pc", makes me wonder if the hw resources are just simply outdated to even running current version of LFS.

Can you tell us more about hardware of that old pc?
#3 - jkat
Most probably your graphics card cannot handle all needed processing and stops working, either by reaching graphics processing resources limit or graphics card memory runs out. This can cause graphics card going into reset or just stops working and you will be seen black screens and application crashes.

Depending which track you drive in lfs this can happen all the time. At least new Westhill and new Blackwood are needing more graphics resources than older and smaller track environments.

To further test this try different tracks and if it happens also for example in Aston then try to lower your graphics settings in lfs options. If it still happens you can always try to update your graph card driver and hope it is only SW problem.

But like lucaf said, it helps if we know which HW you have in first place.
Dunno why I added not responding, but its my mistake. I tried again on Cadet too.
Actually LFS works fine, only screen freezes, I enter pit from track and it freezes on same blue pit background screen.
After that when I hit escape, I leave pit and can drive, but cannot see anything.
I even left the game while the screen is like that (blue pit background colour/image).
The screen goes black when I retab the game. But game still works, only this happens with the screen.
While I start LFS, nothing else is on. It might be something with the video card, because its old.
BTW. I got everything off in screen options and everything on low.

Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 531, 3000 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (128 MB)
and 2 GB DDR2 RAM.

I know its a bit old and has low parameters, but everything works, until I pit from track..
Isn't that a bit strange, why does this happen exactly then, why not when I enter track immidiatly?
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
#5 - lucaf
Did you happen to research the link in my first post? Nothing to add...your hw R.I.P Did I Say That?
#6 - jkat
Yes indeed the HW is quite outdated and I believe its combination of all these 3 main HW factors, CPU+GPU+RAM which are causing your problems. LFS may work better if you install somewhat older version like 0.5.. something. Personally oldest version I have saved and still have the download package is 0.6E. If you want to try that I can upload it to my google drive or onedrive and share the link. Older versions may be found somewhere in the internet or even in this forum.
Quote from lucaf :Did you happen to research the link in my first post? Nothing to add...your hw R.I.P Did I Say That?

I did, but I found nothing, that helps my case.
Only thing I saw was opened tabs, but I have nothing on, while LFS is on.

Quote from jkat :Yes indeed the HW is quite outdated and I believe its combination of all these 3 main HW factors, CPU+GPU+RAM which are causing your problems. LFS may work better if you install somewhat older version like 0.5.. something. Personally oldest version I have saved and still have the download package is 0.6E. If you want to try that I can upload it to my google drive or onedrive and share the link. Older versions may be found somewhere in the internet or even in this forum.

Can I join servers from newest patch using 0.6E?

----------------------------

If you pay attention, actually the only problem I have is pitting from track.
Thats just it, why does it do that, only then... Its not a problem for me to play with low FPS.
Just this.. Pit from track and screen freezes -> retab -> black screen, but LFS still works.
I can still drive and navigate thru menus, but I cant see anything. (I know that, because I can hear it)
#8 - lucaf
You found nothing??

Quote from Ped7g :The SimulatorRental guy is having this black screen issue all the time: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90938-Update%3A-8-Player-LFS-in-a-Trailer---Black-Screens-are-Back

But it was accepted as pushing the OS+LFS to the limits

You still haven't end up to same conclusion in your issue? The problem is, that pitting from track happens to be the event wich makes your underpowered pc to surrender. The solution is to upgrade your hardware, its just waste of energy to think why it happens while pitting.
Well.. I just spectate then pit and everything is OK..
Just have to remember to spectate before pitting and everything will be fine.
#10 - jkat
Quote from r3zp3k7 :

Can I join servers from newest patch using 0.6E?

Not really, host has to run same level of release or older than your lfs version. It was just a suggestion for doing some testing if your problem would be actual also in older lfs versions. There might be still some servers with 0.6E out there or you could start your own host within the lfs version you want to try.

Btw is the problem visible also in single player mode or if you run your own dedicated host ?

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG