The online racing simulator
SnowMod 2018 R21 (Originally by Trakah123)(The Making Off)
(29 posts, started , go to first unread)
SnowMod2018 0.6R december 23rd 2017.(Originally by Trakah123 for patch 0.5Y)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/652504#post652504

Hi. Here is the snowmod pack of 295mb filesize packed in winrar.

changes made :
All skies made by Sti228 !

Backgrounds by Trakah123 / Smove :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1903991#post1903991

Transparent trees are made by Shiori Azumi from this thread :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1881495#post1881495

The SuitO file in pic folder. im still looking for it. i thought it was Bo-Kristiansens suit. but it turns out it was not.(will credit when found).im getting closer. its from a pack.just need to find the pack name!
The Highres distance marker colored is made by shiny_red_cobra (i made some edits to make the blw fit to the new marker signs)
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/457778#post457778

All other files are some i made or from the original Snowmod 0.5Y.

updated files to fit all s2 tracks (Rockingham is NOT included in this).
some new files has been added and as such i had to compromise with some things.
forexample is tree files made different from the original snowmod.
so to improvise, i used trees from the game Elder scrolls ,skyrim.
it doesnt fit completely but it does give a better sense of winter enviroment than if the trees was completely gone (which is my second option to do).files not needed is taken out such as car files (though there is some files i made in this).
Daisy is now snow aswell as dust files. in the org version it only contained dust.
some other files like the default ones are not included aswell, which is why you will have to have a already installed LFS for this mod to work.

(EDIT jan 2018 : i now have some trees that is useable for this mod.its not perfect, but untill i learn how to make them myself,its the best i can do for now! )

if you think you can improve a file in this. feel free to do so.Trakah123 once said it was okay https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1181095#post1181095 so i think its okay !
if you modify any of these files. please post them in this thread so we can keep it all in one spot for winter.(that doesnt mean you cant have your own thread,just post a link to it then).

Future thoughts for this mod :
have snow on top of barriers rails walls rocks and other edges.maybe even on fences.
have fallen snow in window frames and on top of buildings.
Snowy skins for cars
snow on tyres. LOGO and Tyremarks.
just few thoughts for now

to install : Read the readme included.

so go make those snow skins for your favorite sled.

have fun with snow. Smile

Links :

Dropbox direct link :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adcq ... yo3r/SnowMod2018.rar?dl=0

Nexusmods Link:
https://www.nexusmods.com/liveforspeed/mods/6/?

if links do not work or something else is wrong. please notify me.

EDIT: Made 3 new versions of winter sidewalks/curbs for BLW. these are attached in this post and also screenies.1 yellow / red curb,darksnow sidewalk. 2. green curb,darksnow sidewalk and enviroment. 3. green curb,darksnow sidewalk.white snow enviroment rename any of them to : BLWcpTex1 (LFS/DATA/DDS) i have also made a new startgrid as the one in the pack is just default. this one has snmow surface (BLWcurbsB). it changes a white line on road into matching snow road textures. it also changes the startgrid line to match the roadsurface around start.

EDIT:
adding Rockingham to the winter weather in LFS (attached below).
will be repacked soon on nexusmods aswell,including RO track.(it took me 4 days to make all the snowmod. 2 days extra for rockingham! i used 238 texture files to make snow on rockingham. getting dizzy from all these files Smile

optional single files :
2 changes start lights and other lights to be LED. the other 2 files changes stairsteps to yellow lined instead of white(not a important file)(but if you live in the north as i am,you would mostly see metal stairs with a yellow line because its more visible in snowy conditions.(thats why i changed it).

readme included in all packs.

have fun and dont eat the yellow snow ^_^ cheers

EDIT:
ALL mods im working on :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1852651#post1852651

***Other Screenshots in this thread :

By valiugera:

Attached images
wintermod2018.jpg
wintermod2018-2.jpg
wintermod2018-3.jpg
wintermod2018-4.jpg
wintermod2018-5.jpg
westhillsnow2018.jpg
westhillsnow2018_FullHD.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
startgrid.jpg
Attached files
BLWcpTex1_1.dds - 682.8 KB - 117 views
BLWcpTex1_2.dds - 682.8 KB - 115 views
BLWcpTex1_3.dds - 682.8 KB - 113 views
BLWcurbsB.dds - 682.8 KB - 119 views
optional trees and vegetation.rar - 3.6 MB - 50 views
Rockingham snowmoddds1.rar - 12.4 MB - 43 views
Rockingham snowmoddds2.rar - 8.1 MB - 40 views
Rockingham snowmoddds3.rar - 10.6 MB - 44 views
ROKstairsF.dds - 170.8 KB - 72 views
ROKstairsT.dds - 170.8 KB - 112 views
SAFElite_tex.dds - 2.7 MB - 110 views
SAFElite_tex2.dds - 2.7 MB - 72 views
Looks nice!
made a snowy chillin wind sound that rips up in everything while you drive that GTR or BF1 to the fullest.
That plastic bonnet is taking a pounding with this Arctic chill force winds !

Unpack with winrar/Simular!
Goes to LFS/DATA/SOUND

Back up existing file before overwriting in case you do not like it Smile

EDIT: made some more snow/winter wind sounds.Also included some new desert winds(for a future project)

Edit: Nexusmods Mirror :
https://rd.nexusmods.com/liveforspeed/mods/7
Attached files
WindExternal.rar - 437.8 KB - 42 views
Windsoundsbythewizarddk.rar - 7.4 MB - 37 views
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
Looking forward to trying this out. Good luck Smile
-
(Aw3som3G4m3rzYT) DELETED by Aw3som3G4m3rzYT
Thanks for sharing !
Link in post one !

Merry xmas Smile

Attached is a xmas present !
Lfs/Data/Dds
Attached images
xmaslfspack.jpg
Attached files
Bale1_ALP.dds - 1.3 MB - 76 views
Feedback is welcome.
also if you think something could be made different
or if you just have an idea for this mod. let me know Smile

i found tons of cool trees now. but i have no idea how to make them.
however. im try something lfs has been able to do for many years.
im gonna let LFS convert it and see what happens.

later on some additions here and there may come. files i forgot or files that just dont seem to fit the mod.
im not satisfied with the howling wind sound. so i think im gonna make a couple more and hopefully you guys can tell me which to use when done ?
i noticed a mistake with bushtops. these do not fit on bushes anymore on some tracks.
you change it with these files, to also get winter snow above the hill of kyoto and other places.

replace files in lfs/data/dds with these (overwrite).

it replaces the bushtops (that are used for ground) to be snow .
Attached files
HGA_bushtop.dds - 170.8 KB - 105 views
New Bale. (probably mostly for cruisers) . i made a wooden box bale. however i then discovered it cuts at the middle of the file so thought. half a box...what happens if i put goldcoins on the other half. well there you go Smile

This bale is simply your treasure chest . goldcoins on the top (as LFS repeats the file,also on sides).

get those treasure coins NOW !

just made for fun Smile
Attached images
Unavngivet.jpg
Attached files
Bale1_ALP.dds - 682.8 KB - 71 views
Bale1_ALP_box.dds - 341.5 KB - 104 views
Additional snowy pine tree files for some tracks can be found here :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1932207#post1932207

i now have got some very cool snowy trees. however the alpha channeling is giving me a headache. these trees would look sooo cool in this mod, so if anyuone could maybe help me out a little bit with the trees, that would be a great asset to this mod.
Attached images
Unavngivet.jpg
They say it never rains in california.
but does it snow in the UK ?

all we know is :
S3 weather is set for snow !

Get Ready !!!

(uploading after checking files for test files and other stuff not needed)

im gonna make a few optional curbs for this one too.

*it actually turned out better than i expected myself*
(minor flaws with snow texture).looking into that !

EDIT:
last test for RO ! then i start packing it

EDIT 2 :
uploaded files for Rockingham (see attachments in post 1)

EDIT: taking a break form this. getting dizzy from all these files. but as for now i think the snowmod is working . i will have a closer look at the snow textures when my head has rested a bit. i assume im gonna try to make completely new snow textures . but no promise. i experimented a bit with it in the rockingham files. why feedback is also welcome so i can know what to change or not. dont hold back.
enjoy LFS Smile (desert is almost done aswell) Wink Sssh
Attached images
Rockingham snowy.jpg
My project.
Attached images
LFS 2018-05-05 05-01-02-03.jpg
LFS 2018-05-05 05s-01-02-03.jpg
LFS 2018-05-05 05ss-01-02-03.jpg
Quote from valiugera :My project.

looking nice. did you fix trees aswell ?
if you add a download link, then people can use it if they wish too aswell.
i think its great to see others make files for LFS aswell.
keep up the the good work Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :looking nice. did you fix trees aswell ?
if you add a download link, then people can use it if they wish too aswell.
i think its great to see others make files for LFS aswell.
keep up the the good work Smile

I change only road and grass textures then i test it and guess i didnt like it and i deleted my project... Big grin Soon maybe i will try again.
Quote from valiugera :I change only road and grass textures then i test it and guess i didnt like it and i deleted my project... Big grin Soon maybe i will try again.

hmm i would have liked having a look at the road files. they seem like a good match Smile

i got something simular in mind too tho. but im not sure how it will turn out as they are somewhat low resolution. but i try soon and then we see how it goes Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :hmm i would have liked having a look at the road files. they seem like a good match Smile

i got something simular in mind too tho. but im not sure how it will turn out as they are somewhat low resolution. but i try soon and then we see how it goes Smile

One of the reason why i still think about my project is that bew tracks have very good textures and i dont wanna to change it. If i make something that will be for someone of old tracks..
btw. atm im planning to finish up desert mod 18 , and then i begin with snow mod updates. when done i think i reupload the whole thing in one pack so its easier to figure out all my posts here Smile its simply because im not finished with them yet completely.

i still need someone able to make trees for the mods if interested? i got some files that just really needs to be saved correct , but also in need of shrubs and flower with snow on them and desert flowers/flora catus wheats and those kind of things.

turns out it is pretteh hard to find good textures with those things. or atleast im not having fun anymore looking for them. "after a year or so".... but i still need some more of those.

also thinking maybe make a few broken glass windows in the winter edition.
i think coloring and all looks okay so decided to try making it a file now.
my hope is itll look as if it is so cold it actually broke the glass in the window.

just one of many ideas Smile

in desert edition you will also find the "saloon". a western saloon i made for that mod only.

i think it is in desert or night mod im also having paople looking out from windows. some spooky. some cute. some daily life.. very different.

so yer plenty of ideas but little time and im far form pro at doing this. i have no idea what im doing. but it looks okay to me Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :btw. atm im planning to finish up desert mod 18 , and then i begin with snow mod updates. when done i think i reupload the whole thing in one pack so its easier to figure out all my posts here Smile its simply because im not finished with them yet completely.

i still need someone able to make trees for the mods if interested? i got some files that just really needs to be saved correct , but also in need of shrubs and flower with snow on them and desert flowers/flora catus wheats and those kind of things.

turns out it is pretteh hard to find good textures with those things. or atleast im not having fun anymore looking for them. "after a year or so".... but i still need some more of those.

also thinking maybe make a few broken glass windows in the winter edition.
i think coloring and all looks okay so decided to try making it a file now.
my hope is itll look as if it is so cold it actually broke the glass in the window.

just one of many ideas Smile

I can try to help you with trees.
Quote from valiugera :I can try to help you with trees.

that would be cool.
i dont know how to save or rezise them correctly. ALpha files.
thats my issue. i tried gimp and other programs but i just dont work for me.

LINK to some i tried to make :/

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1932207#post1932207

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG