The online racing simulator
Looking for low-res textures (or other FPS boost)
Attempting to run VR through the app TrinusVR. The phone being used isn't high enough resolution for the current textures to make sense, and I wonder if there are some super-low res textures for things like the asphalt and grass to improve FPS.
#2 - nacim
You can set the texture resolution to low on the graphics settings, it does the same as having every texture in low resolution. Wink

Unless your GPU is being limited by its memory bandwidth (which might be the case considering the big framebuffer required for VR), it will not change much to your framerate.

If you see a big FPS gain, you can also reduce texture filtering and if enabled, disable MSAA completely, both are really bandwidth intensive.
#3 - Ped7g
I would guess the target rendering resolution is in this case more important factor, as that affects the amount of pixels being sent to the phone. While the texture resolution will affect rendering speed on the GPU, but not the amount of pixels in final image.

Well, I guess that TrinusVR sends the pixel data to the phone, not the 3D models and textures. But it may be implemented also this way, sending to the phone 3D data and let the phone GPU render it, then low-res textures would help for sure. Tried to google some details how that SW works, but no details to be found anywhere, so hard to help you.
Ps: use Trinus and Moonlight (playstore) together when you own a Geforce Gtx over USB tethering (much faster)
Quote from Xenix74 :Ps: use Trinus and Moonlight (playstore) together when you own a Geforce Gtx over USB tethering (much faster)

I will try this! Thank you.

Looking for low-res textures (or other FPS boost)
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG