The online racing simulator
Online everyone REALLY Laggy!
(35 posts, started )
After reading the entire thread, there's really no need to keep asking for the updates. It comes when it comes. I bet the devs are having nightmares about some of these comments Rofl
Yeah, if some ppl put the same effort on joining online racing, than they put on commenting LFS forum threads, there would be even more fun online Big grin

I give my all respect to Dev team, if we think the costs of S2 license and think how much fun in your life you can have with that cost?

One drinks & smokes in one saturday night the same amount of that cash plus even more (because you need taxi to reach home), and how many times he complains at the night club? No he goes there again and again spending more and more money (maybe coming late night home with taxi and join lfs forum for finding smthing to complain).

I have done 179 300 online kilometers with LFS, that divided by the cost of my S3 license...results that I have paid approx one pound for each 5000 online kilometers.

Should I complain in top of that? If I'm not satisfied, I'll get a life somewhere else.

Hey Smilez101 thanks for joining our community and thanks for opening this thread for....ummm...ah your lagging issue.

In case you have not yet discovered, when you are online, pressing N on the track you will see your ping and also others ping.

My experience on Digital Rainbow servers (Australian) is that I can somewhat race with australian guys there but If some other european joins that server, the ping effect somehow "doubles" between me and he, and that is terrible. I could imagine in your case the same horror would occur between you and another australian driving on european server.
Quote from Racer X NZ :The next stage here will be people removing the great servers that we currently have because servers cost money, and if no one is using them, why spend the money ?

I have server capacity overhead for like 5.000 LFS server instances. Besides that, hobby's are allowed to cost money. Linux VPS's are crazy cheap.

The reason why CG servers are offline (except demo) is that I do not want the psychological pressure, it's more annoying to keep stuff running for 100 people then like it was for 10.000 LFS accounts a month(I am not exaggerating with that number, I logged it).

I know league organizers think the same. (CityLiga, GenR, this American guy.. What was the name.. Edit; Ah yes NDR)
Quote from Scawen :Have a 3 month break.

Reason : Asked you too many times, stop repeating the same stuff, swearing and being generally unpleasant.

It looks like you think we are sitting here with a release, ready to go, that we are holding back just to annoy you.

You believe you know so much better than us how to make a racing simulator. If it's so incredibly easy to do, why don't you go and do one yourself? Maybe you can do it during your three month break from the LFS forum?

What a legend haha
k so why is cargame.nl also in the corner?
Quote from lucaf :My experience on Digital Rainbow servers (Australian) is that I can somewhat race with australian guys there but If some other european joins that server, the ping effect somehow "doubles" between me and he, and that is terrible. I could imagine in your case the same horror would occur between you and another australian driving on european server.

A lagging connection will have a performance impact on all other connections to the server, as LFS is simulating the car from where it was when the packet was sent, to where it should be now that the packet is received. Anyone who is running their CPU on its limit has no spare computing power for this extra work and will also start lagging, which adds to the load of everyone else, etc, etc.

I suppose really we should all set our graphics up based on a busy T1 rather than just us alone on a track - leave ourselves some CPU headspace to absorb lag without joining the laggers... but I don't see that happening Wink
Quote from Racon :A lagging connection will have a performance impact on all other connections to the server, as LFS is simulating the car from where it was when the packet was sent, to where it should be now that the packet is received. Anyone who is running their CPU on its limit has no spare computing power for this extra work and will also start lagging, which adds to the load of everyone else, etc, etc.

If this is true (I can easily believe it is, but never thinked about it), it is very important information and every server administrator should be highly aware of this. This explain why sometimes on some servers looks that suddenly everybody on server begins to lag noticeably much.
Quote from Racer X NZ :https://imgur.com/a/CeNPJ

There are already many NZ/Aus servers, but only the cruise servers have a population, and many of them are bots.
The above was taken at 3.30 pm on a Sunday.

And yes, like many people I have taken a break and race other sims, and I do apologise for getting my facts wrong about the 10 year timetable.
Just to correct the facts..

"Sat 22 Aug 2009, 7:14
We are pleased to announce that a new tyre physics model is currently in the testing and refinement stage."

no disrespect but id say that considering you started to play lfs back in 2005 it shows that you have never given LFS a chance at all as there are so many if not all combo's of track/car you have done little to none laps on with a total of 31092 laps which averages about 7 laps a day and the most laps with a combo being 1000 laps.
I mean no disrespect but in all fairness you not used LFS a lot from the start even before any announced updates
Quote from lucaf :If this is true (I can easily believe it is, but never thinked about it), it is very important information and every server administrator should be highly aware of this. This explain why sometimes on some servers looks that suddenly everybody on server begins to lag noticeably much.

I do not think it works like that.
"Taking over" the physics simulation of a lagging player should be comperable to doing the physics for AI cars. AI cars do cause some extra CPU cost but an average computer has no problems with full grid of them. Even weak computers can handle at least a handful of AI cars.

If everyone else suddendly appears to lag I think the reasons are that either:
-you are lagging
-the server has problems
Being the player furthest from the servers I normally drive on, my ping is a constant 320. This doesn't appear to have any effect whatsoever on any of the other drivers on the server, or their performance. A player with a ping of 60 looks just as you'd expect, with no jumping or swerving. My appearance does, although I try to mitigate that as much as I can by driving as smoothly as possible with no sudden corrections, if I can. As far as I know, my connection's performance has never affected anyone else's connection to the server. They continue to be updated by the server every 60ms without fail.
The few times I have seen massive lag affecting all players is when the our server provider is having connection problems, which I'm happy to say, have been sorted out within minutes of a ticket being sent - big thanks to the Rackservice support crew (unsolicited testimonial, but hey, they do an excellent job in my honest opinion).

Online everyone REALLY Laggy!
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG