This was a nice exercise to get to grips with one of the new Lapper features (being able to read TXT files).
I think this module has all that you asked for, but of course the final verdict is in your hands.
- Download both files and save them in your 'includes' folder of Lapper
- Rename 'announcement_messages.txt' to 'announcement_messages.lpr'
- Open file 'announcement_messages.lpr' and adjust the path to the TXT file, matching your actual locating of the TXT file *
- Open 'addonsused.lpr' and add the new lpr file to the includes
* The path can be found in Sub 'announce_message()'
In this line: $Folder = "D:\LFSLapper V184.108.40.206\bin\includes";
I hardly have any knowledge about linux, so I guess you will have to try what you think it should be.
If the path isn't correct, you won't see the messages I put in the 'announcements.txt' file for testing.
is the folder do not exist. The player who use the readfile() function will receive an errormessage. But in this case the host receives this kind of message.
But indeed what Yisc[NL] siad. You wont see the messages.