The online racing simulator
to prevent spam !
(12 posts, started , go to first unread)
to prevent spam !
How about making thread creators on forums able to delete non topic posts or spam in threads ?

that would reduce spam on the forums, and threads would look more clean as i see some moderators taking sides and therefore not moderating.
this option could prevent that aswell !

would also put an end to pointless discussions on these forums !
from my time spent on various forums, this is not a good idea. i'm sure certain people would just delete anything they don't like
Quote from johneysvk :from my time spent on various forums, this is not a good idea. i'm sure certain people would just delete anything they don't like

Agreed, but I also agree with the OP that moderation on this forum has gone off hill, which is a shame and ruins many threads.
I am always agreeing with resolutions to limit the freedom of speech of people. People can say too much nowadays, censoring is great. So, good idea Wizard Thumbs up
I'll take this moment to post something tangentially related to the thread that does not contribute to the discussion.
Quote from johneysvk :from my time spent on various forums, this is not a good idea. i'm sure certain people would just delete anything they don't like

and thats the beauty of it. because then you can make your own thread about a subject that you would have commented on in someone elses thread! then you control what should or should not be in it!

i see your point. but other forums 8im also using other forums) actually have some good moderators.
where it may not be needed at all. its just not the case here unfortunately.

Quote from Yisc[NL] :Agreed, but I also agree with the OP that moderation on this forum has gone off hill, which is a shame and ruins many threads.

thanks for putting that out there . i see it from your point of view aswell. and thats sort of what i mean with it Smile

Quote from cargame.nl :I am always agreeing with resolutions to limit the freedom of speech of people. People can say too much nowadays, censoring is great. So, good idea Wizard Thumbs up

DAVE Smile always a pleasure to see your views Wink its not limitting FREEDOM OF SPEECH dave. its a moderation feature that actually could help these forums ! you know exactly what i mean im sure. from what i see what you wrote here. you are afraid all your posts would get deleted right? because you do write alot here that has no point whatsoever,even though you dont see it yourself. perhaps think a bit about that!

Quote from bobloblaw :I'll take this moment to post something tangentially related to the thread that does not contribute to the discussion.

thats a way to do it i guess !
best moderation on a forum.
is when a moderator is not needed at all really.

that means the forum is going as should and people gets it !

Best way.

however. i dont see that in this forum. atleast not at the moment.

but hopefully we can get there .. some day !
I do not write a lot.. My bans are shorter.
There is a precedent for this - there are a few forums that operate on the basis of the thread creator being the moderator for that specific thread.*

BUT:

This only works if the OP is a fair-minded person, and unfortunately there are a number of people contributing to this forum that simply could not be trusted to moderate properly or fairly.

It would also encourage multi-threading where two or more topics discussing the same subject all run side-by-side, and all biased on one side or the other of the argument instead of a single, cohesive discussion. It can start to make a forum very messy.

It would also become very difficult to inform someone of improper behaviour or inappropriate use of the forum if they choose to delete anything that contradicts them. It would still be up to the moderators to correct situations like this, and we're back to square one again...

Not to mention that the process of changing to this new system would require a lot of work on Victor's part, or a change to an entirely new forum platform which would be a major disruption either way.

*It should be added that the forums I speak of have very strict usage rules and substantial formal trial membership periods to weed out idiots and encourage new users to spend time getting to know the system before they can even start posting more than once per day.
Quote from cargame.nl :I do not write a lot.. My bans are shorter.

haha Big grin good to see you got humor Wink

Quote from Shirtkicker :There is a precedent for this - there are a few forums that operate on the basis of the thread creator being the moderator for that specific thread.*

BUT:

This only works if the OP is a fair-minded person, and unfortunately there are a number of people contributing to this forum that simply could not be trusted to moderate properly or fairly.

It would also encourage multi-threading where two or more topics discussing the same subject all run side-by-side, and all biased on one side or the other of the argument instead of a single, cohesive discussion. It can start to make a forum very messy.

It would also become very difficult to inform someone of improper behaviour or inappropriate use of the forum if they choose to delete anything that contradicts them. It would still be up to the moderators to correct situations like this, and we're back to square one again...

Not to mention that the process of changing to this new system would require a lot of work on Victor's part, or a change to an entirely new forum platform which would be a major disruption either way.

*It should be added that the forums I speak of have very strict usage rules and substantial formal trial membership periods to weed out idiots and encourage new users to spend time getting to know the system before they can even start posting more than once per day.

best comment on the topic. i see what you are saying and i have to agree actually. because youre right atleast on most of it. and yes im aware it would take victor of other works and postpone some other things. but actually what youre saying with trial membership, could also be an idea actually. but still. on LFS forums, theres not enough good moderators anymore. so we still got to get it solved somehow. in LFS early days. it took like less than a hour for moderators to moderate stuff. today it can take months or longer if any at all. its just not good enough. so we do need some kind of solution to this issue! but very good comment indeed. nicely written too Smile
Actual spam is reported and taken care of quickly.

This forum at this point is for test patches, bug reports, event organizing, and providing support to new users. I don't know why anyone would want to spend their time moderating the same 5 topics that have been discussed for the past decade.

I think that most games with healthy communities have their most active forums on domains other than the developer's website.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :and thats the beauty of it. because then you can make your own thread about a subject that you would have commented on in someone elses thread! then you control what should or should not be in it!

nobody would do that, people would get tired of that and you'd have a massive clusterf]]k on the forum. Plus it's totally negating the whole point of having a thread in the first place.
I don't see a problem with quality of moderation on this forum anyway.

to prevent spam !
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG