The online racing simulator
Quote from Silverracer :What is it about this community that makes it so toxic?

The toxicity you see is the pollution of sociopathic ignorance and self-entitlement that tries to insinuate itself into functioning communities, and then eats the talent and the spirit away from the inside out.

In fact, we're welcoming, helpful and sharing. The problem is people thinking they can come here and do whatever they like, and then getting upset when they learn otherwise. The toxicity you are seeing is merely their own bad attitude getting reflected back at them.
Ye. I like to add that every community has this. Although this community is extra special because so big mix of cultures, continents(!), languages and interests. Also because drift, cruise and race are not the same type of peoples.

I now want to watch a Star Trek movie.
It's written in .Net 2.0 (as per note on the site) so it is decompilable.
Try running a decompilator on it, you may be able to get clean source code.

You would be surprised how many binaries have I came accross that were published in debug mode without any code obfuscator.
Quote from Tommy :It's written in .Net 2.0 (as per note on the site) so it is decompilable.
Try running a decompilator on it, you may be able to get clean source code.

You would be surprised how many binaries have I came accross that were published in debug mode without any code obfuscator.

Yep
Attached images
dnSpy_2018-10-31_17-26-12.png
Haha, perfect.
Put in on github and let the community do it's magic
This is OK for illegal warez groups and maybe some Chinese devs...

In civilized world you should have permission (license) of original author to use his work...

(hmm, sounds like China is not civilized, which is totally not true, they are civilized few thousand years longer than local tribes here in EU, but lack of IP respect is AFAIK broad-enough issue to use the generic "China" and blame all, sorry ... nah, since when am I worried about PC, I'm a**hole all the time, so I will keep it as I posted it)
Quote from Ped7g :This is OK for illegal warez groups and maybe some Chinese devs...

In civilized world you should have permission (license) of original author to use his work...

But this is LFS Community, so this is OK (i know what i'm saying)
Quote from Ped7g :This is OK for illegal warez groups and maybe some Chinese devs...

Think Airio is best lapper out there (and eqworrie there is no way to contact him for many years even when u donate) Sure I agree with u but I'm happy when someone makes a new version and takes some errors out Wink

Airio still rules after 10+ years

(hmm, sounds like China is not civilized, which is totally not true, they are civilized few thousand years longer than local tribes here in EU, but lack of IP respect is AFAIK broad-enough issue to use the generic "China" and blame all, sorry ... nah, since when am I worried about PC, I'm a**hole all the time, so I will keep it as I posted it)

I actually agree as I'm a Chinese. For example some of Tencent games....

But this kind of "not in popular demand" things probably unlikely to happen because there are few Chinese leagues, no profit could getting from and even the largest one SRFC had been convert to genuine version. Their servers use free version of Airio and they are very demand on use full version.

Yeah but sure... it really depend on our possessiveness... I can keep it but I can't control others.

Airio is goooooood~
Cmon, If Eq does not want to relate with us, maybe using his code will motivate him to visit this forum. And If that would happen, we would pay him the amount he wants.
Airio is too mainstream imo.
I appear to be missing something. Cracking AIRIO is OK because...?
Quote from Racon :I appear to be missing something. Cracking AIRIO is OK because...?

Abandonware.

If the developer/publisher/whatever does not sell it any longer, the only way to get it is by cracking it.

It's not that it suddenly is okay, but it's way less bad.
I'm sure you are familiar with the same thing happening to Richard Burns Rally game. It makes no sense to pay 200€ to some random guy in eBay just because he happens to have the game.

Mafia II was not on sell for a while due to licensing of audio trucks expiring. It was not okay to crack it as the issue may have been dealt with (as indeed was the case, because it's on sale again). EQWorry has had more than enough time to come back with any reply, at this point it's clear that he has left this piece of software completely forgotten.
My idea would be, that if we get the source code and Eqworry doesn't still react in any way, we could develope it together and put a very small price on custom airio release, and all income would be forwarded to eqworry (if there would be any way to do that, maybe we fulfill his private inbox with LFS vouchers???)
Quote from Whiskey :It's not that it suddenly is okay, but it's way less bad.

Kinda off-topic:

Funny. As if there were any lesser bad or greater good. Good's good, bad's bad, it's an interesting yet pointless subject to debate.
Because something is of use for someone else than the creator and that the latter doesn't show any sign of life anymore doesn't mean you have the right to disrespect his work in any way. The fact that morality has to do with time is merely a way for law to be applied in a fair manner to fulfill egoistical desires and usage needs. Exempli gratia: copyright exhaustion.
If need truly is, I would just say "**** this" and do it anyways; fully knowing I'm in the wrong from a moral standpoint whatever happens. Don't try to add fancy words on it, it's not "less bad". In fact I'd say that if bad was negated by good, you'll have to consider the bad and good as seperate entities and make a point to not try making the sum or substraction of it instead. Anyway.

However I'll definitely admit that it's only fair for the people to be able to modify something that is of use to them and not anymore for the creator, development of any kind would go no where otherwise. Still isn't moral unless directly asked, haha.
Reviving abandonware and donating proceeds would be better morally (but still not legal) if it was abandoned as in forgotten, but I was under the impression he has made a deliberate choice to withhold it. IMHO that removes the greyness of the matter. I may be wrong Smile

Between chasing EQ around, backengineering, bugfixing, expansion and updating, wouldn't it be just easier to reinvent this particular wheel from the ground up? (Or KingTracker?) Same skills involved, less of a head start but also no decade-old constraints to deal with. A clean slate can do wonders Wink
EQ once your work has been copied can I have a refund on 2 pro licenses please.
Nah think airio dies if no further progress. So think modify isn't that bad Wink
Quote from simon1234 :EQ once your work has been copied can I have a refund on 2 pro licenses please.

that ain't it chief
Airio will get more updates than actual game

Did anyone ever asked Eqworry for selling Airio source files?
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG