The online racing simulator
is everyone racing in private servers?
Seems like no one is ever around in the public ones.
No.
TC is the only server that manages to gather a full S2 server every single evening. Other servers are just meh, even the racing ones that have events on specific days.
Quote from theedentistt :Seems like no one is ever around in the public ones.

I'm truly amazed...

That.. Was your first post.

And you joined in 2006 Rofl

That's awesome honestly.
We are all having a break because the dev(s) are having a break (for the millionth time) but eehh, why is there 'racing' in the title and the first thing in the topic itself is about a cruise server? Confusing Wink
Quote from cargame.nl :why is there 'racing' in the title and the first thing in the topic itself is about a cruise server? Confusing Wink

That's what we're all wondering Shrug
Quote from cargame.nl :why is there 'racing' in the title and the first thing in the topic itself is about a cruise server? Confusing Wink

Because Mouseman - he's special.
#7 - lucaf
Racing happens mostly on couple of demo servers and B2R server and in leagues on private servers. That is how i feel it is now.
Of course is up to us to make the change.

I would like to encourage ppl to join PIRAN MOTO BL Industrial server where you can have fun on very unique street racing high quality layouts
Stop being so salty Rony and realize that racing is dead in this sim.
#9 - lucaf
So the eternal question is: how to get ppl join race servers? We need solutions to this question. Should we create a new thread called "Today lets race everybody here"?
Quote from lucaf :So the eternal question is: how to get ppl join race servers? We need solutions to this question. Should we create a new thread called "Today lets race everybody here"?

I'm running league races 2 days/week with no signup. All kinds of races.

S2 maps start in october. Next race is the 23rd.
Quote from MousemanLV :Stop being so salty Rony and realize that racing is dead in this sim.

And why it is so? Because devs haven't delivered the "holy grale" of simracing they "promised"? Really?
Actually LFS as software is currently as good as it has ever been. Much better than in the "golden ages". But still the interest is lower than back then. What was better than,made LFS so poular and is worse now? The community. People like you promoting their favourite slogan "LFS is dead".
So the community is the one that keeps LFS alive,since you're part of it (obviously in some weird way),the question is - what have YOU done to make things better?
B2R Rotate GTi
Quote from lucaf :So the eternal question is: how to get ppl join race servers? We need solutions to this question. Should we create a new thread called "Today lets race everybody here"?

Actually something like this might help a lot. A sticky called something like "Now Online". While we're at it, LFS itself could generate a list of those now online next to the "find user online" tab.

If half of those who still log online would connect at the same time in the evening, let's say 20h00, this could greatly help too as I'm sure many still logs-on, but misses each other because of the over-saturated number of servers online. If Europeans would connect around the same time and then later on those in South & North America would do the same, there would be some action pretty much every night.
Quote from Skytrill :Actually something like this might help a lot. A sticky called something like "Now Online". While we're at it, LFS itself could generate a list of those now online next to the "find user online" tab.

If half of those who still log online would connect at the same time in the evening, let's say 20h00, this could greatly help too as I'm sure many still logs-on, but misses each other because of the over-saturated number of servers online. If Europeans would connect around the same time and then later on those in South & North America would do the same, there would be some action pretty much every night.

Here's an idea to add on to that.

Instead of showing which server a user is online at only on their profile and forum posts, why not a "members online" page that shows every single person online on LFS.
Rony, it's hard to prove to someone that this game is worth having. We, the older players get it but for someone new it might seem more like a waste of money. Some of my friends have picked up simracing recently (some bought a set of T300 RS GT, some just the T300) and I have told them about LFS, they have played it but they are not simply attracted to it..instead they got hooked to iR or AC.

I see that ex LFS drivers like Isaac and some CoRe members are doing just fine on iR as well..I guess why.
/lock
Quote from MousemanLV :Rony, it's hard to prove to someone that this game is worth having. We, the older players get it but for someone new it might seem more like a waste of money. Some of my friends have picked up simracing recently (some bought a set of T300 RS GT, some just the T300) and I have told them about LFS, they have played it but they are not simply attracted to it..instead they got hooked to iR or AC.

I see that ex LFS drivers like Isaac and some CoRe members are doing just fine on iR as well..I guess why.

I think when u learned LFS u do fine in all race sims (me average in LFS easy got some wr's in assetto) didn't like r-factor2 and automobilsta and project cars now i'm waiting for release project cars 2 Smile

BUT I THINK U FIND ME IN LFS NEXT WEEK Omg omg omg
Quote from MousemanLV :Rony, it's hard to prove to someone that this game is worth having.

Hmm...

Look at my join date and look at my LFSWorld stats.

I no one needed to prove to me that this game was worth having.
Starting enthusiast. It's great.. But too few of you. This sim needs at least four patches a year to have any chance of survival. Preferably, timed (like quarterly). But it doesn't seem to be possible. Not even two times a year!

Back in the days there was this "patch Friday", now it's a "patch year".. Crazy when you think about it.

The community, or what it is being left of it. Is not being taken seriously. This is the biggest problem.
I would also remind new people to check constantly the "Calendar" - https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar (you can find in top menu by selecting first "Leagues" then "Calendar"), there you see most of official race events.

Not all leagues run in private servers, for example FLAT OUT, SRT etc.

After all, you dont need so many racers around you for enjoying this game, so instead of hanging on the forum, please people join servers Big grin and use Wanted: Race mates -thread if it helps you to find wich serv to join Smile
Quote from TechEdison :
I no one needed to prove to me that this game was worth having.

It's subjective, I realize that, but in most cases people will look for an alternative, after all most of us have upgraded our systems and can run more demanding games.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG