The online racing simulator

Poll : What would be the best day for VERL 2017?

Closed since :
Sunday
Monday
Wednesday
Formula V8 league - VERL 2017 - interest check and poll

Hallo,racers! As some might have noticed,for past 2 years at the summer end a season of V8 Racing League was started,but it's already september and the 3rd season still hasn't moved. Now it's time to start something. And I will start with a simple poll about racing day - last year there were quite few complaints about clashing with AB leagues,as seems like they have some monopoly on the day. This year I would like to hear your thoughts about the best week day for VERL races,options are:
1. Keep it on sunday
2. Move to monday,as CityLiga had a decent attendance when it was active
3. Move to wednesday,because... Well,your reason.
(Please vote on the attached poll,feel free additionally comment)

Other days I don't see as an option,because fridays and saturdays are no-go for me personally,tuesdays are busy with other event from Race Green Events (RTFR) and thursday seems to be populated by 2 other events.

Now about the league so you know better for what are you voting - VERL is a league using Formula V8 cars and race features 200km distance,while 20min qualifying will decide grid order. Event official part lenght will be just under 2 hours,start 19:30 CET (UTC time 17:30 or in november 18:30). Due late start this season will most likely consist only of 4 rounds,featuring Blackwood,South City,Westhill and Rockingham environments. More info about VERL you can get browsing threads of previous seasons under these links:
2016: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89852
2015: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/87973

Hope to see many opinions and activity,see you on track!
Rony
Race Green Events
Ugh... Sunday I would say for me.
After 3 days the activity in this thread is somewhat dissapointing. Never expected 50+ votes and active discussions of course,but currently I'm lacking motivation to put any effort here,to be honest. Shrug
I understand that FO8 is a quite difficult car,not between favourites for many,this is why I made the thread - to be sure that this doesn't end into 4-5 car grids in first rounds and cancelled final round.
Quote from Eclipsed :After 3 days the activity in this thread is somewhat dissapointing. Never expected 50+ votes and active discussions of course,but currently I'm lacking motivation to put any effort here,to be honest. Shrug
I understand that FO8 is a quite difficult car,not between favourites for many,this is why I made the thread - to be sure that this doesn't end into 4-5 car grids in first rounds and cancelled final round.

Sounds like MTDZX-FO!S!, we have already to be used to have no more than 8 racers per round. If more than that, people go mad with " : )" on chat lol.

So, what I attempt to mean is that, yeah... if you run this one, this might be happening. I haven't been on LFS recently, I should really attempt to join more often to RTFR, yet to join this one, where I joined last time for this, is false.
up for it i'd be up for moving it from sunday as absolute-beginners takes place
Sunday for me, timezone makes it fully impossible for me to be on during weekdays with college the very next morning.. Friday or Saturday would be better.. but meh. Sunday it is.

Was thinking of starting a huge AOR-run league on LFS. Fell through the cracks due to lack of response on AOR's side and a decreasing activity in terns of racing here on LFS itself.

@UM Even so, I actually planned the two special one off events (hosted by Bose) to be the kickstarter prior to the season. But seems that can't occur either..
I would be interested in racing. Picked Sunday, but could do other evenings (gmt timezone)

No longer yes to Sundays as it will conflict with Absolute Beginners Racing League 2017 which has now started.
I would be still be up for an alternate day though.
I'd be up for it again.

Edit: Perhaps change the title to include "F08 league" to attract more interest because I didn't notice this thread for a few days or remember the league was called VERL.
Quote from englishlord :Perhaps change the title to include "F08 league" to attract more interest

Hope the title is more self-explaining now.
Like MicroSpecV, I can't do weekdays because of the time zone difference, so Sunday is my only option.
With the limited tracks LFS has I wouldn't mind extra races on good (proper) layouts either (no, not just those from me haha).

Can be either championship or non-championship in-season races. But if it's purely LFS tracks we'd be back to sq 1.
I mentioned Blackwood in season description - that would not be a standart configuration. The layout I thought to use has some similarity with one I used in one of the RTFR races. Rockingham round could also be a custom configuration,but on normal track area. Westhill outskirt roads are not really ment for such fast cars with suspension so fragile.
When talking about non-championship races - last year's season-end event was a total failure,I won't try that again...
I am interested in these but not sure I will have time
Possibly interested if available IRL.
Well,currently looks like sunday will stay as raceday for VERL. If nothing changes drastically I aim first sunday of october as season start with 4 rounds long schedule every 2 weeks.
Hey Rony... I love racing this car and I would really, really love to do the league again. My RL obligations, however, rarely allow me to do anything before 8 PM CET. Also, every second weekend I spend with my kids, until 8 PM on Sunday (October 1st included).

So if you keep such a schedule, I hope races will start at 20:30 CET, so I could be able to join from the back, at least.

Include an Aston 4, 5 or 6 track... much better choice than Rockingham for this wild car, in my opinion.

That was my view, regards! Smile
For me monday would fit best. But on mondays is also cesva that I wanted to race but often could not make it in time.

If sunday is most popular, currently the AB-calender has some free days that were meant for special races/cup. Maybe it is possible to coordinate the dates? See pm @ rony.

Formula V8 league - VERL 2017 - interest check and poll
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG