The online racing simulator
Light beams to cars?
(7 posts, closed, started )
Light beams to cars?
Hello.
few days ago i was looking at a game and saw how their lightbeams on cars were made.

kinda hard to explain without any pictures. (i wasnt home at the time)

but heres my suggestion :
an extra file would most likely be needed for this (maybe more than one).

if you got the (example) headlight on a car.
imagine it seen from the side of the car (easier to explain).

lets say that headlight is "l" and the file for the light beam would be formed as a reversed "L".
put the 2 together and you got a light and the beam. the light beam would possibly have some extend infront of cars(and to ground) which perhaps would be needing a wait for a full updated LFS ,as cars probably would need some updating aswell before this could be made.

but i think it would be a very easy and simple solution for the time being (untill someone comes up with something genious) this could be a way to get light beams on cars. (i mentioned maybe it would be needing more than one file).well.. indicators. brakelights. reverse lights.headlights, perhaps all would need a seperat file.

well atleast i hope it could set some thoughts in motion somewhere by suggesting this.
i have seen others suggest it, but not really seen any solutions to how to actually do it.
which is why i decided to post this !
Not needed as LFS isn't a day to night simulator. Would just be faded out by the sunlight, or to make it bright enough - look stupid.

If LFS has day cycles then yes, good for cruising or enduro races. But for now this is totally not priority now. We want physics! Muhahah
Exactly
Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly

just recieved a message .
with a video showing how it actually looks ingame. however its not a legal mod and as such i cant share it. but its actually what i mean. but also seems someone has made that already, which swipes you comments off the grid in this post.
because it means its possible, and it does look more realistic !
even in daylight Wink

thx for showing me. you know who ^_^

Quote from MicroSpecV :Not needed as LFS isn't a day to night simulator. Would just be faded out by the sunlight, or to make it bright enough - look stupid.

If LFS has day cycles then yes, good for cruising or enduro races. But for now this is totally not priority now. We want physics! Muhahah

but it will be...eventually !

Physics will come anyways. thats scawen. this is adressed to Eric more i think !
Quote from MicroSpecV :Not needed as LFS isn't a day to night simulator. Would just be faded out by the sunlight, or to make it bright enough - look stupid.

this is what i mean ... https://vid.me/vMWK

im sure developers can make it look good !
and so they did Wink excuse me for being way ahead.
Closed thread as requested.
This thread is closed

Light beams to cars?
(7 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG