The online racing simulator
How to add new cars
(4 posts, started )
How to add new cars
Hi, is it possible to add new cars? on the web there are lot of 3-D images of cars for LFS (Mercedes Kompressor, Peugeot, BMW etc), probably done by LFS fans, how can I add those cars?, is it possible to use them in multiplayer game so my friends can see them?

And are they real (engine etc) or just the 3-D models? so you have to use them as a kind of "skin" replacing another car that originally comes with the game?
Simple answer: no.

There are what are called vob-mods, but you are not allowed to discuss them here, there is no developer support for them, and if anything goes wrong with your game, you are completely on your own. The person who made the mod would be your only recourse for support... You can also add to these problems the fact that many of them now only work in older versions of the game.

If I were you, I would avoid them. But that's only my opinion - you are of course free to do what you like.
#3 - BeNoM
"the fact that many of them now only work in older versions of the game."

All VOB mods work on the current version of LFS, every single one (yes even the first ones from 2005/6/7).
oh, I must be thinking of other mods... tweaks or something Big grin

How to add new cars
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG