The online racing simulator
Wheel button pressing 3 commands, before I dive in.
I have only just begun to learn about the LFS scripts, let alone try to create some.

So, before I dive in and figure out how to program a multi file script for LFS buttons, some one tell me if this will work or not.

I want one button on the wheel to actually do 3 things.

I want it to" "press ENTER", "/JOIN", and press "SPACE"

This way newbie users at public events only need the one big button on the wheel to:
"click ready to start a race"
"reset their upside down car"
"re-join a race when they get kicked out for driving the wrong way".

So before I waste time finding out, is there any reason this will not work?
And what is the best way to go about it?
hello simulatorRentaL.com first of all id like to say its a great project your doing and wish you luck
Now i have no understanding of lfs scripts sorry but may i ask what wheels you are using for your simulators. As I would hazard a guess that like my g27 most wheels would be able to be set for it by in their profiler by way of keystroke or the record a command feature
When that button is pressed, the following function should be executed:

/run newbie.lfs

Open a new text file and add the following lines:

/press enter
/join
/press space

Save the script with name "newbie.lfs" in 'data\script' of your LFS directory.

This will certainly work, the only question remaining is, will the right command work at the right moment.
You would thing that setting READY and joining a race, isn't doing anything when you are already in a race.
So when the button is pressed during a race, it will only execute the 3rd option (aka put car back on wheels).
But you would need to test that, to be sure.

In case that isn't working as you would like, then there isn't an IF/ELSE construction possibile in such LFS scripts, so either you go the route of assigning 3 buttons then, or you do something using an Insim application.
Yisc:
That is how I figured it would work, just press all 3 and hopefully just one would activate as needed. At least it seems in all cases they would be needed only one will work.

However I already tried putting all 3 commands in 1 script file, and I could not get that to work. So I am expecting to need the script file to run a script that triggers the first, then calls the 2nd script to trigger the 2nd command, etc...

However I may have very likely just done it wrong when I tried it... I did not try very hard as, I was busy making other changes in my lfs setup.

I will have to try it again..

bishtop:
I have 10 G29 wheels.
In my personal use, I cannot use the Logitech software to program the buttons, because when you press it on one wheel, it presses it for the whole computer, so the other 3 to 5 instances of LFS I have running on the same computer would get their buttons pressed as well.

As mentioned in other threads, I have 2 computers, each running 5 or 6 instances of LFS, for a large multi player setup on the cheap.
i see i thought that is why they used a different device id for each controller inside profiler (first being on id 1 then 2 ect), i have never tried with so many wheels but have used 2 wheels on the same system running it before
Those 3 will work fine for specifically at certain area spot, as long as no other command or button is mapped to enter or space.

/join commmand works only non-racing ( spectators )
I got around to trying this...

/Join
/press enter or /ready

works,
However,

/press space

does not work...
Is /press space different syntax or something?

Wheel button pressing 3 commands, before I dive in.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG