The online racing simulator
NightMod 2017
(18 posts, started , go to first unread)
NightMod 2017
Hi just wanted to know if there is interest in a updated nightmod that could look something like this?

if someone likes to help out on it, feel free to help me out Smile
(im currently working on blw for the updated track. but i still need to do westhill, and i probably bump into some hurdles along the way aswell. most is from the original nightmod made by Trakah123.
some files i needed to redo. however im not really good at it, so perhaps someone who knows more about DDS than me would be willing to help out. then you can see my files as templates for stuff.
i use mostly searched images (google)and original files. sometimes taking a piece of one to make another. and imagination Smile

trying my best to make it look natural and with a feel of driving for real at night time.

Picture is Blackwood Car park area !
as you may see it needs to be darkned a bit more. so not quite finished yet .
this is with normal daylight on !

EDIT:
added screenshot of Blackwood straight as it is right now. new to this is the skie kindly provided by LFS sky master sti228 Smile
Attached images
Nightmod updated1.jpg
LFSnight1.jpg
LFSnight2.jpg
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
Yeah man
Lights
"dds folder " !
Lights and signs with lightning on them (reflections)

LED start and traffic lights. to start somewhere i made these. (might not look so great in a normal looking LFS. still working on finding some usable bottom textures (havent found a good one yet). so its not totally done yet i suspect. the LED light itself is okay ingame. but the bottom is more or less just darkned atm so its non reflecting light on it.

start lights will change several track start lights to being LED instead of the normal lights from the newest patch.

RXlite , Changes the traffic lights from autocross objects. (commonly used for cruise servers).
SAFElite , changes the safe lights around track of westhill and the start lights on tracks to LED.
City_Stoplite , changes the stop lights from red to green on southcity track.
TsSigns, changes the (normal looking) black and white arrow signs on westhill to a lit up LED arrow + a LED red cross. (however this file is a tricky one,so im still working on this, to make it aligned better or maybe i even change it totally to a completely different look that may fit better)..
AC_christmas , changes the 8 lane drag lights to LED. this file was made from a real picture of a real dragstrip by night. may not look to great, but was a pilot try to see how it looked.see for your self !
FFleft , changes the black/white arrow signs on westhill (the other ones) both ends of the track ,to have LED arrows in green pointing the way for you Smile

and again. if someone who can make files better than i do wants to help. i got plenty of files to be worked on Smile (might also get a desert and snow version too when im dont with this one)

im trying to make this night edition such as you wont really need any ENB or secondary programs to feel "nighty".

some simple settings from your very own screen will be the only thing to do. but i get back to that later on.

for now. as i wrote earlier. i made some mistakes on road files. well actually i just used a wrong texture for it, so i have to redo all of them why blackwood is postponed a bit.
this is just in my free time i do this, so i cant really set a time table for when its done.
but if i can get a little help here and there. and most likely would go a bit faster !

let me know what you think of these files and what you may think could be done better (except from what i just wrote above,which im aware of)

***goes to LFS/DATA/DDS ***
***Remember to back up your original files by same name***

these were made from the original LFS files and textures i found in searches via internet.

EDIT:
i post screenies of these, when im in the night edition next time !

Screen 1:
Lights in blackwood bridge
Screen 2:
start Lights on BLW (FOV 30)(RXlite)
Screen 3:
start Lights on BLW (Red) (FOV 30)(RXlite)
sCREEN 4:
WE International safe lights (SAFElite)
8might redo this one)
Attached images
NIGHT Tunnel light.jpg
NIGHT Start lights(green).jpg
NIGHT Start Lights (Red).jpg
NIGHT RX LITE(green).jpg
Attached files
RXlite_tex.dds - 682.8 KB - 105 views
SAFElite_tex2.dds - 682.8 KB - 112 views
CITY_stoplite.dds - 170.8 KB - 104 views
Tsigns3.dds - 682.8 KB - 115 views
AC_christmas.dds - 682.8 KB - 105 views
FFleft.dds - 170.8 KB - 108 views
-
Curbs (THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
-
Metal & fences (THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
-
Advertisement (Ads) (THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
-
Skies (THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK : made new updates and forgot the damn login :D
Do they work online?
Made some updates with pic folder. adverts making it even darker than it was.
which is actually the plan. because then YOU can use your normal screen/ENB settings for it !
im still not done with it. but a little update here and there will come.
still having some trouble finding 2 files for blackwood. my guess is they are shared from other tracks. i just havent found it yet..

and again if you have any ideas that could go into this mod. please let me know !

this is a different new link to dropbox !
packed with winrar. open with same or 7zip or likewise .

Link to pic folder files (77.94MB) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x38i ... mod%202017%20pic.rar?dl=0

Link to dds folder files (150.34MB):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/916x ... mod%202017%20dds.rar?dl=0

These files do not have car files or any other files that is not track related as such.
in case i have made a mistake and accidently put a wrong file in this.please let me know so it can be fixed! i can upload my own made car files for this mod if people want me too. its just some imaginary car files, but is made for maximum lightning in head and tail lights. not very realistic but looks okay ingame in my oppinion.

copy your entire LFS to the same HDD.then it should be unlocked.unrar the files and put pic folder into LFS/DATA/pic . overwrite everything. do the same with the dds folder to LFS/DATA/dds !
maybe turn down screen brightness a bit if you dont feel you get a night effect from it. turn up contrast for better view of lights and other effects. plain and simple. enjoy.

EDIT: checked links. they work !
can you please post the car files, thanks
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK
FX cars indicator tricked me,so needs a little adjustment. doing that later on on indicator lights front back. notice the black window frames.lambo lights backs.
XF cars LED front and lamboghini rears rotated.
XR cars Trans am lights back and LED front. interior was made long ago. some other post in these forums named xrt trans am.changed front lights and indicators.
Lx cars (needs a little work still but is useable)was trying to goof around with 2 frontlights.could turn out better,so i guess the next is only one.
UF cars with trans am bandit seats in the back. (needs little more work too)
and for the sauber with pontiac logo and lambo limiter lights Big grin
RB4 im going to change one grill on this. consider it a test. a test i forgot to include though. but now in attatachment.

2048 size.

sorry i didnt have the time for this sooner.

i still recommend Hakodesh lights for all other cars. https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... the-best-look-of-your-LFS i also use that for FZ why i didnt make any for FZ cars. fits great to nightmod .

these are no way made for being realistic. was just trying out some stuff and thought some of the tests actually was pretty cool. LED´s front and Lamboghini rears is this set made from.
i can post the pic of what i used if needed. but as for now. i promised to upload them. sio here they are.

next i think im looking into some of the fences and buildings.

but thats gonna be when i got more time for it. updates in this thread.

feedback on the mod could be used.
also if you think i should change something.

few screenies later on.
Attached images
rb4.jpg
rb4rear.jpg
Attached files
FX_Interior1.dds - 2.7 MB - 53 views
XF_Interior1.dds - 2.7 MB - 54 views
Sauberweel1.dds - 2.7 MB - 54 views
UF_Parts.dds - 2.7 MB - 55 views
XR_Interior1.dds - 2.7 MB - 53 views
LX_interior1.dds - 2.7 MB - 51 views
RB_Interior1.dds - 2.7 MB - 51 views
I thought you meant car shader files thats why I asked.I already have good file textures for cars.
Quote from taipalsaari :I thought you meant car shader files thats why I asked.I already have good file textures for cars.

i did ask narcim in his theread. but i dont think he replied to it.

if using the nightmod, you can try changing resulotion to something not HD (meaning 720/1080. when i use it im at a resulotion lower than 1080. gives a little more darkness effect. if not enough, you can try turning down brightness on your screen aswell till you think it looks like night. different colors of black should merge into the same color/darkness of black. atleast thats how mine looks like. dynamic contrast also gives some effect. best i can do right now as i havent seen any reply towards the actual shaders.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i did ask narcim in his theread. but i dont think he replied to it.

if using the nightmod, you can try changing resulotion to something not HD (meaning 720/1080. when i use it im at a resulotion lower than 1080. gives a little more darkness effect. if not enough, you can try turning down brightness on your screen aswell till you think it looks like night. different colors of black should merge into the same color/darkness of black. atleast thats how mine looks like. dynamic contrast also gives some effect. best i can do right now as i havent seen any reply towards the actual shaders.

Maybe I can help you with the shaders, I remember a while ago I downloaded some shaders for the cars from a random website that were supposed to give some blue tint to the cars but I messed around with them and instead they lowered their contrast; made them darker etc. I will see if I can find them in my folders
-
Attached files
car2.rar - 1.8 KB - 26 views
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i did ask narcim in his theread. but i dont think he replied to it.

Hey, sorry I probably missed your post on the thread. You're lucky that I've found this one while reading this thread. Big grin

Indeed, night mod should probably be done with shaders instead of darking out all of the textures. I don't know what limitations the current shaders will have for that though, I'll have to experiment a bit. I'll keep you updated on this thread if I got time to work on something. Wink

EDIT: So, here's my first experiment with night shader, it's far for perfect, it's more of a 'proof-of concept'.

Screenshots:

Download .zip in attachement

Notes:
- I'm using a new fog system for this night mod, and it's not yet applied to all objects, like cars, so cars in the distance might look weird.
- I've done a quick hack to create a dark sky for now, which causes names over the cars to be dark as well,
if someone could make night sky textures for all tracks, with correct moon position (at the place where sun used to be), it would be perfect, and I could remove this hack and everthing would be prettier.
- These screenshots were created using stock LFS textures.
Attached images
LFS_2017_11_24_14_47_47_335.jpg
LFS_2017_11_24_14_48_16_907.jpg
LFS_2017_11_24_14_47_08_839.jpg
LFS_2017_11_24_14_46_26_987.jpg
Attached files
shaders_night_v0.1.zip - 14.9 KB - 41 views
that looks very promising. nice job
Quote from bishtop :that looks very promising. nice job

Thanks. Smile

I've continued to work on it, and try to use sti228's night sky texture to see how it would render. I had to tweak it a bit to correct the moon position to be aligned with the shadows, and make it a bit darker.
I was also fixing most of the stuff broken with the first version, and cleanup a bit.

I think it will be the last version until someone would like to make skies for all tracks and do a pack with these shaders. If someone is interested, PM me. Wink

Changelog:
- Added the option to enable/disable dark sky hack, which fixes car shadows and name over the car. Hack is disabled by default, set DARK_SKY_HACK to 1 in World.psh to enable it.
- Added the new fog to reflective surfaces (water, glass, metal) and cars.
- Reduced fog density

Screenshots:

Download: .zip in attachements
Attached images
LFS_2017_11_26_17_42_23_911.jpg
LFS_2017_11_26_17_47_25_661.jpg
LFS_2017_11_26_17_50_32_025.jpg
LFS_2017_11_26_17_58_36_416.jpg
Attached files
shaders_night_v0.2.zip - 14.9 KB - 40 views
oh my. that is looking great. my biggest problem was infact the shadows and and reflective things . but this looks just like i had thought it. very nice indeed. i will try it right away.

Thank you so much for this Smile

im totally surprised ! really looking nice.

i see it has no ring around the moon too. looks very nice.

this really means alot to me. and now i can focus more on getting buildings and things done. (those files just blackned) it a real headache when you have to try every little detail all the time opening and closing lfs endlessly. just to see if it looks "nighty" . but this means i can hopefully get more files finished.
and LFS can have a cool looking Night edition Smile

EDIT: i tried it quickly now. and i must say the shader on cars looks awesome.
how ever, one thing that took me alot of time with this is lamp post lights and tunnel lights to get them to light up. (i guess its a reflection file) but now it seems like they have been turned of.
i also see the skie to be a little too bright maybe. but also thinking sti228´s file was a bit too bright(ish). so my thought is perhaps to only use the car file shaders. but not sure how thats going to work out. gonna give it a go !

EDIT2:
in attachment you can see the difference towards startlights and the skie. the first picture is with all your shaders. the second is with car shaders only. both is taken same place with same lightning and resolution. (Notice the rearlights is exactly the same)

as you can see with start lights, it is the same i mean with other lights like the tunnel lights and such. but using only the car files also brings back my other headache. the buildings. at the end of blw straight they light up like a xmas tree. but im hoping when i get to it, i perhaps can get those darker from the file in dds itself. so perhaps not the biggest problem. just didnt find time for doing it yet. its actually pretty tricky to think in negative color/shading. but that is infact what you do in a music stage. especially using UV. so thats kinda where i got it from. sometimes one can be surprised what lights up and what you thought would light up doesnt have any effect at all in reality. so yes can be very tricky Smile

on a music stage you can actually make a entire band disapear using light. not many know this,even professionals. but if using yellow light and smoke forexample. the yellow will pin out any persons shadow even if settings is correct.making it appear to audience that the entire band just vanished in to the air. (why i rarely use yellow lights). just a little extra info Smile
you probably know this effect better from a discoteques strobe lights,where it can look as if people are moving like robots or something. these lights however can trigger epileptic seasures, so dont play around with it too much. but i recommend trying to throw something light up in the air while a strobe light is going nuts,and then try to catch it Wink (i can). and i can because you can learn to see THROUGH the light. (takes some years to learn though!
Attached images
nacim shaders all.jpg
carfiles only.jpg
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :in attachment you can see the difference towards startlights and the skie. the first picture is with all your shaders. the second is with car shaders only. both is taken same place with same lightning and resolution. (Notice the rearlights is exactly the same)

Have you enabled LFS's post process? If yes, then it must be your textures. I've made these shaders with stock textures in mind, so your darkened textures multiplies with the reduced lighting and produces too dark results.
I suggest you not to darken all the textures and instead focus on getting skies right. I can send you the modified sky for you to have a 'template'. Wink
On my side I'll try to see if I can work out on some emissive channel using the alpha channel (if LFS gives it to me and I can find a way to use it properly). It will help you have correct start lights.
Quote from nacim :Have you enabled LFS's post process? If yes, then it must be your textures. I've made these shaders with stock textures in mind, so your darkened textures multiplies with the reduced lighting and produces too dark results.
I suggest you not to darken all the textures and instead focus on getting skies right. I can send you the modified sky for you to have a 'template'. Wink
On my side I'll try to see if I can work out on some emissive channel using the alpha channel (if LFS gives it to me and I can find a way to use it properly). It will help you have correct start lights.

i am sort of making out from. how would it look if you were in a field at the middle of night and you got 10 kilometers to nearest lightsource "dark". that means black is black and you can obtain pitchblack. the stock textures does not come even close to be that dark. but as i checked out your shaders, it occured to me, that it is in fact only the shine/reflections on cars that needs a little fine tuning. in the old night mod i used lynche´s reflections https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1874997#post1874997 , i think the dynamic ones, because they focused the reflection to a small point but leaving everything else ,making it look perfect for a night. i also used another sundawn reflection, that gave me a nice golden touch in the reflections. however i had this one for years but forgot who actually made that. but it should be in these forums somewhere.

you want the darkness to ingulf you, but all other reflective objects to stand out. trees and walls and those objects, are things you just see pass by at night. so there is no reason to let those objects meet the eye,so it will focus on them, because you wouldnt do so in real life. so is reason i darken it. but still want stuff like adverts,lamp/posts, asphalt stripes, stuff like that light up. quite visible in the test version here. and is also reason it wont be the same shading in this night version and if using stock textures for it. and the last thing to compensate with, is that many people (i think up to 98%) do not set up their screen correctly,no matter what brand. as such im also trying to make it look natural night for a , factory default tv/monitor setting. but as already written, it would need atleast to have dynamic detail . my screen have a 600Hz subfield. so could be reason my screen can go very dark/black toned ! but to make it finished, i need to find out a solution to this shading issue, so i then know how dark i should make forexample buildings and such. thats sort of why i stopped. but meanwhile im trying to figure out a natural look for the road textures. i already got a idea for making it look real. not tested yet though.

in attachment :
3 test files for curbs, and their reflection on track.
i think theres a bit too much white in them and dont mind the futuristic look at roundabout/tunnel area on westhill. the other 2 files is for fernbay.

these are only tests not finished result. but it would be great with some feedback .
They should give a good idea of what im trying to do ! lightning versus reflections !

the aim with the shaders ,is so people dont need to make any settings on their screen ,but could just DL and install and go with it. this is reason i have to darken it.to raise contrast levels towards reflective objects. (i think) did it make sense ?

EDIT: Sorry i do not know the right terms and stuff for things. but i try to explain as best as i can.
Attached files
JA_Curb2.dds - 2.7 MB - 18 views
JA_Curb.dds - 2.7 MB - 17 views
WSTcurbs.dds - 2.7 MB - 17 views
found that reflections now. i honestly cant remember who made it. but this gives the best car shine i ever seen in LFs . for any weather actually.
Attached files
BWskysunny1_E.dds - 170.8 KB - 20 views

NightMod 2017
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG