The online racing simulator
Good luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you Smile
Good luck! Smile
Excellent!
So RAIN was forecast, and there was a tiny storm on the radar.
However it never rained, and that storm vanished before it got there.
It was hot and sunny, a perfect day for a car cruise.

However, due to the forecast most of the people that paid for parking spaces at pep boys never showed, so parking lot was pretty much empty, thus only a few people in this area.

Because it was somewhat dead, no paying racers, I decided to use my big dry erase board and make a sign to get people off of the road to come in. I wrote RACE SIMULATOR => on it... and set it against the road sign out front of pep boys.

The good luck wishes must have worked though, because as I was walking back from placing the sign, I found $40 sitting on the ground.

They paid me $400 to setup all day, I found $40, and I sold $40 of races.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be getting my logo on the trailer.

The first 3 paying players knew what LFS was and had it at home, but they wanted me to set it up for drifting and driving with external view. I sort of did, but they were use to different drift setups, and a custom external view they must use.
lol I found once 15€ on my local town parking lot. Wind was taking a spin for paper euros, until I grabbed 'em and invested for gasoline, HAH!

Anyway! Following what happens next!

Interesting.
drifting *and* custom external view... I would charge them $100 each for such obscenity, but then again I'm a bit radical... Big grin
Glad it went well - it's nice to know that people will pay you for it, even if it was at a special rate. We need pics of the graphics when it's done Smile
SCAWEN:

First I am still using R7... will update when I have extra time, to fix things incase I muck up all my settings.

When does it save the cfg changes?
Instantly? or only if I exit LFS and restart it?
I notice if I lose power the changes are not always saved.
And when I make changes I always go through and reboot just to make sure it saved them, and once in a while there is a button or view that I changed that did not save.

Also, the last few times I started up an event I had to redo the wheels and headphones. I thought it was remembering it regardless of what order of USB or DISPLAY PORT I was plugging into, but apparently I need to plug them in the same way each time... to get it to remember the right controller and audio choice.
Is there a way I could have easily messed this up?

I have a few potentially large events lined up and pending, but then I thought the last one would be large Smile

One might be a Hot Wheels 50th event in Detroit.
Upgraded...
Good to hear you upgraded to the later version. There shouldn't be any problem with that - it's just a better version.

The cfg changes are only saved when LFS exits.

LFS stores the 'GUID' of the audio device and the controller device when you select a specific one. It's an ID number supplied by Windows, but I don't know how well Windows assigns that number to each device or if the same device is always guaranteed to be assigned the same number.

The GUID numbers are stored in cfg.txt lines "Speaker GUID" and "Control GUID".
I guess I will have to color code the cables and always try to plug them in the same way, and see if that helps. It seems it was remembering it the first few times... maybe windows had an "update".

Thank You.
This video was the first couple that raced in the sim, right at 5pm when the event was suppose to start. You may want to turn down your volume before playing it, as the generator from the adjacent food truck was VERY loud.

I got this video then my phone battery died... so did not get anymore. Sucks because the noisy generator moved away after the first hour.

I charged $2.00 per race at this event.
I gave away a $80~$130 RC car that I paid about $40 for, to the person that held the lap time record at the end of the day.

This was an event with families, not just car owners, so there where lots of kids.

I was in a really good location at this event, likely the first time I could say that.
Everyone had to walk almost across my trailer ramp to get from tables and games to get to the food trucks and lawn for watching the fireworks.

The first half hour to an hour, was fairly slow. However after that I had a line and there was almost always a butt in every seat, the exception being when there was only one or two seats open and a large group wanted to race together they would wait. Because each race was 10 minutes a lot of people that waited gave up and left the line before their turn, some came back later though.... So this was the busiest event I have done, that was not FREE to play.

Most people only raced once, there was only about 10 or so that raced 2 to 4 times. The teen that won the RC Car, raced about 5 times, although he had already set a quick enough lap to win the RC car on his 2nd attempt. There was only about 5 people that were fast enough to even compete for it. It takes about 20 laps to get the hang of it, and not many raced a 2nd time.

While doing the event, I felt like I had made over $250... however after counting the cash it was only about $150, so in the future I will be charging at least $3.00 or back to the full $5.00 if there is a prize. $2.00 may have been too low at this event, especially since the bounce house guy was charging $10 or more, for about 3 minutes in the bounce house. A lot of time was also wasted breaking 20s for change since I mostly had singles... so $5 is faster to make change.

But with about 3 busy hours of 10 minute races, up to 15 minutes if you add in practice lap and driver change time, there was only time for 12 to 18 races. Which would have been a maximum of $192 to $288, so ~$150 is about right with $2.00 races.

I need to fit my other 2 cockpits in the trailer some how so it is 10 players. I only need about 5 more inches, so maybe pinching the 2 in the front of trailer together will allow me to slide them all forward a few inches.
Attached images
FastestLapWinsThis.jpg
Good to here that this event went pretty well. Really hope this works out for you after all your hard work and investment.
You are really friendly on the cover charge! Anyway I am glad you have been busy!
Glad to read about your sim-trailer!
Sounds like everything went smoothly.

Thumbs up
Thanks, things are slowly improving...

Just officially booked a big event in Grand Rapids Michigan, USA.
https://www.facebook.com/events/214384329165923/

Hopefully these guys will become one of my repeat clients and will be doing lots of car related events.

I also have 2 more large events pending, one might involve TV and magazine coverage! -- so I might need a bigger LFS sign in my trailer soon Wink -- but they could still say no, as many have before, so we will see.
Excellent!
Good to hear it was busy at the last event and that you have some more booked! Smile

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :The forum shows me as being the last to reply here, and I did reply to this, but my reply is not showing up.

That forum bug is fixed now and that original reply is now visible.
Just did another event last night.

Went back to charging $5.00 again. $170 for about 7 hours of racing, 2 hours of setup, 4 hours of driving. It is something, but it needs to make more then this, so I may stop doing events that I have to charge by the race.

It poured rain hard as I was putting things away... rained sideways into the trailer for a few minutes. So far only 2 events in 2018 has NOT rained. NEED awnings....

I found more money on the ground again... Yes I will pick up cash lol. I saw it thinking it was a leaf, then some people walked over it and kicked it, and I saw it was indeed money, I hoped for $100, but it was only $1. Smile

Sometime between the day I went and worked on trailer a few days ago and this event someone added a nice 10+ foot long (over 3 meters) multi lined gouge/scratch along the side of my trailer. Not happy, as it is right were the logo is going, so it will look like crap under the logo and between the letters.
This is cool. I'm surprised you can't get a gig with the local tracks, they usually like this type of stuff. Have you tried the ovals for oval folk?
One side of the trailer finally has the logo on it!

He had issues with the prints from other side and rear so those have to be redone.

Now, I need to think about what else I want to put on it to explain what Virtual Raceways is in the short time people see it going down the road. I held off doing more text, because all my ideas are too wordy. Ideally everyone would just go to the .com and find out, but obviously they wont unless the sign gets them wanting to.

"Multi Player Race Simulator"

"We Race at Your Place"

"Birthdays & Corporate Events"

I am thinking of using a screen shot of cars on track in LFS to cover the entire V nose panels. So... going to wait for graphic update on that one. Smile

Need to get a shot of mixed cars with a nice looking track to fill each side. Maybe one side with the GT cars racing and one side with all F1 cars racing.
Attached images
FirstGraphics.jpg
The V nose would look something like this with screen shots on it.
Obviously with much better screen shots that were specially posed and staged just for this purpose, so more cars fit in, and are not too far away in the background etc.

If/When the graphic update is released I may even have a contest to see who can get the best shot to fit that I like... might require my Virtual Raceway Skins on the cars, which I need to update as well.
Attached images
LFSonVnose.png
Logo is now on both sides of the trailer.

This photo is from the first event, and road trip with signs on the trailer.

I will be adding more as I have funds, LFS screen shots, phone number, etc....
Attached images
MLM.jpg
Looking very good.
I really hope some (if not all) of your future events will be succesful for you, as you worked so hard for it.
Actually made $100 at the event today.

The event yesterday was a fluster cluck.
They did not have room for me, so the time they told me to setup was the time the event was OVER. They had me setup infront of a school were they had babysitters for kids while parents were drinking and listening to music in a park a mile away. So it was like being told to do their private event for free, and try to charge $5.00 to their guests... I just packed up and left.
Waited a year to do that festival, since it was less than a mile from my house. There was at least 3 other events I could have made money off of that day....

And as I look at this new photo I uploaded I realize the graphic printer STRETCHED my logo sideways.
If I did not already say, The flags I had printed were messed up a slight bit too, not really noticeable unless you stick your face up to it to see though.
Attached images
20180805_134737[1].jpg
20180805_134602[1].jpg

Update: Virtual Raceways: Multi-Instance use LFS, may need help from Scawen.
(264 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG