The online racing simulator
Well its been in place and operational yesterday and today, so far $7.00

Just doing $1.00 races, while the town helps spread word that I am here.

They have nothing for teens to do, so they are excited to have me here so far.

Now to get everyone to sign up for the $1000 prize tournamentsSmile
Just throwing some ideas.

Giving away t-shirts with your business logo and the name of your business along with the address could give you nice publicity.

Some good "background music" to put a good mood while not too aggressive nor passive such as trance or anything easily listenable.

Doing a championship with weekly round event could also help to spread the word around and keep a steady player-base. The last two spots in the standing could be open for faster driver in invitational qualification rounds.

The 1000$ price tournament seems like a great idea. Good luck!
T-Shirts, want to.. currently cannot afford those. Thinking LFS logos as well Wink need LFS logo for front window.

Music, the coffee shop half has music playing low volume... I was pondering playing video game music recreated on real instruments by various artist.

Planning on having tournaments can be 3 race days a week, players can race in as many races as they wish to pay for (the hussle part), at the end of the day, top 10 race for $100-$200

On the last race day, at the end of the month, the top 10 would then race for the $200-$1000 prize, pending # of entry fees sold that month.

I also intend to have a hot lap winner each week, with diff cars/tracks. Winner takes 50% of entry attempt fees.

1006 N. Saginaw Rod
Holly, MI 48442
USA
Attached images
70514183_2532497910139933_1815555574499115008_o.jpg
Sounds like a good tourney system. Weekly hot lap prize is pretty neat too!
regarding tshirts, you can print custom ones for like 6$ on aliexpress
My uncle ran a game night/cafe here in the uk for a number of years,it was fairly popular with teens. It was a fair few years ago though and he used to run a knockout round for near the end of the night on a rotation of streetfighter and mario kart(shows how long ago) and the main winner would win a couple of uk pounds which was basically what they paid to get in plus an extra pound on top. Not a lot by all means but when you include the fun we had at the same time it made it worthwhile

If possible it would be good if you could get permission for something like fortnite or even some games on the old nintendo Wii as then if someone attended with a girlfriend that is not interested in racing they could choose something else
I've always thought it would be hilarious if LFS would have a mode that would add some question marks on the pavement that we could drive over and throw stuff at other drivers around.
The sad part is that LFS would probably be three times more popular with this mode.
So almost as soon as I started it up, I pulled the plug on the Racing Facility. Had a few equipment issues, no one was showing up, etc... I just didn't feel like loading it all back into the store, and then paying per month to not do anything. So backing up and regrouping, will try it again later when a few things are resolved.
I just did another corporate event, and had issues resulting in a request for a partial refund.

I had 2 cockpits down for a good portion of the event, due to the wheels not responding correctly.
This happened previously, and I thought I solved it, but obviously not.

Until I solve this issue, I am dead in the water, and will not be doing any events with my simulators.
I have already pulled all the wheels off of the cockpits, and brought them all inside, and currently trying to set them all up on tables so I can diagnose the issue.

I suspect a few possible causes. From an issues with LFS itself, to windows, to broken wheels, to bad usb cables.

When I first set things up, all wheels work fine, and it stays working fine, until I actually get people racing. Then 1 of the wheels on each machine just take a crap and stop working. Sometimes its the whole wheel, sometimes it is just the buttons. It seems like random button presses on the other machines is somehow disabling that one wheel. I restart all of the LFS instances, and set it up again, and it just happens again.

This event was the first time it happened on both machines, usual it is just the one with the host instance running, on the host instance itself. So it has so far always been the same wheel, which makes me think broken cables/wires/wheels but there is no sign that is the case.

Possible damage from being left in trailer over 2 winters?

As I type this, I am leaning to it being LFS itself that is causing this. As it also does other weird stuff that I assume is due to using lfs with multiple wheels on the same computer. Like the wheel on machine 3 will press buttons on machine 1 every now and then... or it will cause the ESC or BACKSPACE button to be pressed on the host screen, pushing the menu or virtual keyboard to pop up on the screen and go away randomly. NO BUTTONS are programed for ESC or BACKSPACE, and it happens when no one is near or touching the keyboard.

I do not really know when it started doing this, and it may just be coincidence, but I did not really notice this much, if at all, before installing the version I am currently using (0.6U6), and maybe a version or two before that... I skipped around a few versions, so don't know what last one was.

Also, at odd times, players will be kicked out randomly. It has even happened now, while I was standing there trying to get their car off the wall... or fix their upside down car. I grab the wheel, and poof they are spectated. I have even been running the game allowing wrong way driving, thinking that had something to do with it, but it does not.

Also, it is still a pain, to setup the multiple wheels and speakers, which I have to keep redoing, each time the wheels stop working. So... to resolve all of this, I may be forced to go with separate computers now, and even if I got the minimum spec machine, I am looking at more money than I am actually making ($6k to $12K USD), so it just does not seem like it is worth it to invest that much more, when I am not making enough. I am currently pondering 8 to 10 Asrock DeskMINI with Ryzen 3400G chips... but that will limit it to the APU graphics on the ryzen chip. I also do not have enough funds to do it ... sigh.
I’m pretty sure LFS uses device ID as reported by the device to identify wheels, so it’s strange that you’re having that problem. I would take a long look at your config files, possibly back then up and start from scratch.

I would hold off on planning upgrades, as the system requirements will change with the next lighting update.

Have you ever considered running one or two motion platform rigs, possibly with VR? Lots of upfront costs but probably less headaches and more interest and $.
Quote from bobloblaw :I’m pretty sure LFS uses device ID as reported by the device to identify wheels, so it’s strange that you’re having that problem. I would take a long look at your config files, possibly back then up and start from scratch.

When using more than one wheel on the same computer, LFS will detect all of the buttons from all of the wheels, as if they are buttons on the other wheels, for example I can press all the buttons on the first wheel, and they register on the first seat, as buttons 1-20-something. If I press all of the buttons on another seat they will continue to register on the first seat as well, as a buttons 20-40 something... and so on through any wheel attached to the machine.

While scawen fixed this in the beginning, so it sorts out all the buttons correctly, I suspect there is still a subroutine, or line of code that is passing button commands to the wrong seat/instance.

Quote from bobloblaw :
I would hold off on planning upgrades, as the system requirements will change with the next lighting update.

This is also why I am waiting... lack of cash is just primary reason.

Quote from bobloblaw :
Have you ever considered running one or two motion platform rigs, possibly with VR? Lots of upfront costs but probably less headaches and more interest and $.

Yes, but if I cannot afford $6k of new PCs there is no way I can afford $10-$30K of motion sim and vr equipment. And then I have to redo the inside of the trailer, and find and pay for new storage location for the stuff I remove from the trailer...
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :or it will cause the ESC or BACKSPACE button to be pressed on the host screen, pushing the menu or virtual keyboard to pop up on the screen and go away randomly. NO BUTTONS are programed for ESC or BACKSPACE, and it happens when no one is near or touching the keyboard.

Right.. Why you think LFS is causing it, it sounds to me like there is interference. All cabling is digital though?

Install a key logger (deactivate virus scanner if you have one running to begin with, not really needed in a static environment causing only performance issues) and analyse if it are actual keystrokes or not.
interferences do that kind of ghost click. That can be super annoying with a normal setup... and crazy with yours. I had a gamepad once with interferences... went for an exchange and no issue on the new one ever. It can be tricky to understand. I also had to solve some issue on a DIY FFB wheel and that requires a lot of smart grounding. Like having grounded cable and NO ground loops, ground loops are evil.
I do not think its interference, as that would be so random and rare it would likely go unnoticed, what I am dealing with is more definite.

I have been testing...

Found out that it is indeed, LFS code that causes the ESC/BACKSPACE keys to be pressed.

This is the #1 wheel that is programed for the first LFS instance, interfering with the host and spectator screens, or any other instance on the same PC that does NOT have a wheel programed to it. It is using some sort of default key presses on the wheel, even when the buttons are programed for something else.

When NO WHEEL is programed to an instance (pressing "other controllers" on all instances), the #1 wheel still controls them all by default, this is when it inputs the esc/backspace.

To fix it, these screens that are programed to mouse/keyboard, need to just ignore controller input altogether. Although it may be difficult if the controller is by default sending keyboard presses...

I cannot get it to recreate the disabled buttons/wheel, but now that I know the above, it may have something to do with that, the disabled wheels may have become un-programed somehow, and that's why I THOUGHT they were still working, due to the default control of that particular #1 seat.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG